Physical Object or Camera Artifcat?

Marco Fatica

[EDIT] I apologize for the inconvenience. I was not aware that the Album containing the pictures was set to private. I have since rectified the situation.

My Dad's girlfriend noticed a strange anomaly in this picture and believes it to be an Alien Spacecraft. I'm not even confinced it's anything more than a camera artifact. The picture was taken in Port Saint Lucie, Florida a few weeks ago at approximately 5-6 pm. [GALLERY=media, 24]Image by Marco Fatica posted Mar 27, 2016 at 2:14 PM[/GALLERY]

Here's a picture of the anomaly enlarged:
[GALLERY=media, 25]Image by Marco Fatica posted Mar 27, 2016 at 2:14 PM[/GALLERY]

Now normally I would've dismissed this immediately. However, my Dad submitted the picture to a UFO analysis site and was presented with some eerily similar pictures.
[GALLERY=media, 27]Image by Marco Fatica posted Mar 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM[/GALLERY]

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
I tried to look at the pictures but I get an error message saying I don't have permission to see the album. Can you attach them directly to this thread?

Trailblazer

Staff member
Hello, I am sure this is just lens flare caused by an internal reflection in the camera.

A sure sign of this is that the mystery image is directly opposite the centre of the image from a bright light source (in this case the sun).

Excuse the very rough sketch done on my phone but this should illustrate what I mean.

image.jpeg

It's an image of the sun reflected to the opposite side of the lens axis.

Trailblazer

Staff member
There was a case recently of a "UFO fleet" photographed in London:

image.jpeg

It's the same thing - lens reflections of the bright lights at the bottom of the image.

image.jpeg

Any time you see a mystery light in a photo, look to see what's on the opposite side of the centre point :)

Marco Fatica

Thanks for the Feedback. I am convinced it's a camera artifact. However, my Dad is unconvinced because he doesn't understand why the object appears to have depth. For instance, the little white dots that appear scattered on it's surface appear to be raised. Almost like Braille.

huwp

It could be a reflection of part of the internal components of the camera. I have a camera that sometimes shows something similar caused by light reflecting off the electronics around the sensor, then back off the innermost element of the lens. To reproduce it you need a very bright light source, slightly off centre (you have the sun) and much of the rest of the frame must be dark/black (you have the dark clouds).

I'm not at home to illustrate the effect myself until next weekend, but you might be able to reproduce it yourself before then with a bright flashlight/torch pointed directly at the camera, a little off centre, in a dark room.

deirdre

Senior Member.
It could be a reflection of part of the internal components of the camera. I have a camera that sometimes shows something similar caused by light reflecting off the electronics around the sensor, then back off the innermost element of the lens. To reproduce it you need a very bright light source, slightly off centre (you have the sun) and much of the rest of the frame must be dark/black (you have the dark clouds).

I'm not at home to illustrate the effect myself until next weekend, but you might be able to reproduce it yourself before then with a bright flashlight/torch pointed directly at the camera, a little off centre, in a dark room.
huh. you're right. i couldnt get the lens flare around the 'shapeship' (but i didnt try all that hard). Did get a 'spaceship-like' "moon" though. even got a "wart on one.
my flashlight though has 6 lights built in, so not quite the same as the sun.
Will have to try it when i see a similar sky as OP. But i dont have a 'sepia' setting on my camera or whatever they used to get those colors.
wartcloseup.PNG

singlemoon.png

Attachments

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West The Various Physical Models Used in Demonstrating Ideas regarding the WTC collapses 9/11 5
Mick West Towards A Replicable Physical Model Illustrating Aspects of the Collapse of The WTC Towers on 9/11 9/11 442
M Fast moving object "intersecting clouds" in Hungarian YouTuber's video [Insect] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
S Need help to identify an object in the sea Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 13
Getoffthisplanet International Space Station (ISS) Live Stream from 2/21/2020 - Unidentified Object Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West UFO Billboard in Montana Uses Photo of Identified Flying Object UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Mick West Explained: Mysterious Red Planet Like Object Filmed Next To The Moon. Atglen [Reflection] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Snake Plisken Dark irregular shaped object drifting in the sky [Castle Mylar Party Balloon] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 52
Mick West Earth's Radius Calculator (from the amount a distant object is obscured) Tools for Investigating and Debunking 0
Royce Malphrus What is this? [unidentified object in photo from vehicle: lamp post] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Mick West NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 452
Marine0811 Unknown flying insect or object Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Mick West Debunked: First object teleported to Earth's orbit [Quantum Communication] Science and Pseudoscience 11
Radapox Peru gas station object (blue "walking" blob) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Explained: Large Cigar Shaped Object Caught Shooting Into Storm Cloud In Spain [Reflection] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 12
Jason Debunked: Planet sized object (ALIENS) caught by SOHO UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 10
derrick06 Mystery object in Ibiza Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Jenna Object In Sky [Internal Lens Reflection, iPhone 5] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 34
jaydeehess Puerto Vallarta Feb.2014 object Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Mark Dobson Help identifying this object [Bolide / Meterorite] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
S Took this photo with strange undentified object...... UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
Mick West Plane Shaped "Drone" Caught on Camera. Mead, NE - Cessna Caravan? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
ParanormalInSeattle Strange Light Caught On Camera Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Deer Eyes Reflected in Trail Camera UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
Mick West Explained: DEW Energy Beam Starting Forest Fires - Dirty Lens, Light Streak Conspiracy Theories 13
Trailblazer "UFOs" in sky over London [internal camera reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
StarGazer Claim: First Image of Space Taken from V-2 Rocket Proves the Earth is Flat Flat Earth 17
Davd V shape UFO on thermal camera [Probably Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 84
Marin B UFO over Golden Gate Bridge, or Reflection? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
C Interesting observation of moon light phenomena i can't find the answer to ???? General Discussion 4
Vogon Infra red cameras and curvature? Flat Earth 11
Astro Debunked: PLANET X Caught on Camera in Marbella Science and Pseudoscience 5
Trailblazer Explained: Bands of colored "particles" in sky photos [digital camera artifact] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
vooke Collapsing church structure caught on camera-Nigeria 9/11 22
Mick West Solved: "Alien" with "shadow" on the Moon [Debris in Camera] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 59
Mick West All Sky Camera and other Web-Cams for Footage of Contrail Contrails and Chemtrails 13
Spongebob SWIR - Short Wave Infrared Camera System Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Mick West Attaching Digital Camera to Binoculars or Spotting Scopes Contrails and Chemtrails 21
Related Articles

Related Articles