Paul Walker's unfortunate death - conspiracy theories

Josh Heuer

I'm not 100% on where this thread would go.

I was shocked when I popped open the news and saw Paul Walker, only 40, had suffered an untimely death, due to a car accident. It's always shocking to see these types of things happen throughout life.

However, as recent as this event is, I already bumped into a couple people who mentioned that on Friday, one day before his death, it was reported that he had died in a car accident. Celebrity death hoaxes are not an uncommon thing on the internet as we all know. Obviously the strange part was that it supposedly was 'reported' (for lack of a better term) a day before it actually happened, and then it really happened.

Snopes clears up the mess.

The whole thing about it being reported a day before as a hoax was itself a hoax, and was created after Paul Walker actually died. Pretty sad that people do this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Just goes to show that conspiracy theories are inevitable if the news is big enough:

http://www.ibtimes.com/paul-walker-...-link-family-guy-typhoon-haiyan-death-1491980

One such conspiracy theory suggests that Walker was murdered because he allegedly knew inside information about the relief effort for victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, for which he was working diligently to raise funds and awareness.
Content from External Source
Obvious nonsense, but the Michael Hastings conspiracy theories have opened the door for similar theories for any celebrity that dies in a crash crash (or pretty much any way).

It's a problem with the "there are no coincidences" school of thought. Because there actually are coincidences.

Back