Old USAF "UFO" Video Mentioned By Chris Mellon

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Metabunk 2019-02-09 09-02-25.jpg

From: https://silvarecord.com/2019/02/09/chris-mellon-airforce-ufo-video/
silvarecord-loop.gif
Source: https://videopress.com/v/dyPCtZ74

The video shows what looks like three bright streaks and two dim streak move across the sky. At one point there's a flash. Suggestions given are a much of meteorites, or some kind of advanced technology craft, possibly alien.

However, I think it might just be the landing lights of a plane, smeared out by the long exposure of the old night camera. Something like an MD-80 perhaps, with the triangle of big lights, and two smaller lights.

Or a C5

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J73iTlp3sQY
I mocked up the scene in Aftereffects, creating a very similar effect with image persistence from frame to frame.
Metabunk 2019-02-10 11-22-16.jpg

Last edited:

deirdre

This guy did an analysis in 1996
he gives other data in the article too
http://www.brumac.mysite.com/NIGHTLINEUFO/NIGHTLINEUFO.html

edit add: archive link http://archive.fo/bkOwo

Last edited:

deirdre

oh i see in Chris Mellons [the] link he is trying to use Mcabees Nightline footage to sow doubt

[edit add: apologies, i thought that was the To The Stars website.]

But my above link IS Maccabee

Last edited:

jarlrmai

The 2 less bright central lights do seem to alternate.

There are 3 bright solid lights I would guess wing and nose and 2 less bright alternating lights maybe on the fuselage or on the near part of the wing,

Might help with ID the C5 seems to have 1 central beacon (flashing light), I wish there was some sort of published light pattern DB for aircraft.

Last edited:

deirdre

i know a bit off topic... but...
Text at the beginning of the video stated that it was taken by a GEODS telescope during the year 1993 on day 335 at 032444Z (335th day of the year, December 1, at Greenwich Mean Time of 3:22:24 AM which corresponds to 5:22:24 PM, November 30 in Hawaii).
is this time possible? i'm confused why we are seeing black sky and stars before sunset.

this site says sunset was 5:44pm.
https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/sun-rise-and-set/zipcode/96761/1993-11-30

Rory

Bruce Maccabee's conclusion:
Maccabee has also commented on the silvarecord article.

One thing: why does Maccabee write that 032444 corresponds to 3:22:24am?

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
From the Silva Record article:

Surely that can just be explained by image persistence, the same effect that blurs out the lights into streaks?

5:22pm is before sunset on that date. Is it meant to be visible-light footage?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Surely that can just be explained by image persistence, the same effect that blurs out the lights into streaks?
Yes, which is what I said in my video:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J73iTlp3sQY
See around 3:50 for demo

deirdre

that's what Mick's OP explanation video shows.

I think Maccabee is saying that too in his above article, i didn't add that part because it is a long article

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I would have bothered if I'd seen Macabee's article from the start. I thought this was newly revealed footage at first.

Tim Printy

Trying to figure out how we see stars if the time was listed as 5:22 PM HST. I would love to have an instrument that can see stars during the daytime. I wonder what filter they were using (I am just joking here)? This indicates the time Macabee listed is probably not correct or misinterpreted. It could have been 3:22 AM HST and not 3:22 AM UTC. One would think that the telescope would have the location in the sky they were looking (RA/DEC or AZ/ALT). I tried to figure out the star patterns and I could not. I did not try too hard but I am guessing that this is in the milky way region based on the statement the scope was nearly overhead and the number of stars visible (assuming 3:22 UTC). Lots of missing data from this.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Leifer 1951 airplane spotters guide, USAF Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
sgirl Col. Richard French of the USAF States his Job was to Debunk UFOs - Citizen Hearing Conspiracy Theories 6
Mick West Debunked: Monsanto and USAF School of Aerospace Medicine chemtrail study 1977 Contrails and Chemtrails 22
Jay Reynolds Explained: 1990 USAF Academy Chemtrails Manual [Riff on "Contrails" Handbook] Contrails and Chemtrails 64
U Looking for debunkings of the “Plandemic” video Coronavirus COVID-19 13
Jesse3959 Being seen from space - methods to demonstrate that sats are real and provide live video? Flat Earth 6
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Wizard Mexican UFO Video? [Oil Rigs] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
Mick West Original Flir1, Gimbal, and Go Fast UFO "Raw" Video Files UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 31
Mick West Simulating the Nimitz UFO video as a blurry plane UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 51
jarlrmai UFO video in Arizona from Reddit Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
Ravi Utah Drone video of UFO [Probably an insect] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 126
Mick West Blowing out Candles with a Single Punch General Discussion 47
Mick West Some New-ish WTC7 Photos (and video?) Corner Damage 9/11 6
B Bob Lazar 1989 Video Analysis Method UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
Mick West NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 452
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
StarGazer SpaceX Falcon 9 Captures Video of its own Contrail from Space UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
T FE balloon video curvature analysis using Blender Flat Earth 4
Mick West Explained: Viral Video of 787 Leaving Thick Contrails with Forced Perspective Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Astro Debunked: Astronaut's Arm Fades During ISS Video Proving "Green Screening" Science and Pseudoscience 1
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
penk CNN Greenscreened a guy on a ship? [No] General Discussion 12
Mick West Explained: Chilean Navy "UFO" video - Aerodynamic Contrails, Flight IB6830 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 186
Mick West Debunked: Video of "Islamics Marching Through Berlin" [Biker Gangs] General Discussion 4
Mick West Close Up Videos of Contrails Forming And Evolving Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 19
M Bornong "Something Strange" - Hurriyah car bombing video seems staged General Discussion 50
Mick West P900 Plane and Contrails Photos and Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 17
mik Lots of wingtip vortices in a FiAF exercise demo video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Video of New Orleans Superdome Illustrating Curvature and Refraction Flat Earth 5
Clouds Givemethewillies Automated Video Tracking of Planes Tools for Investigating and Debunking 42
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Leifer Polite video interviewing/debunking Practical Debunking 8
F Explained: Video of plane leaving "6 chemtrails, then 2" [Mixed Exhaust and Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Trailspotter Formation and Evolution of a Contrail Grid - Satellite Time-Lapse Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 22
SamBST Video of hot steel bending 9/11 43
Gary Cook 911 video with edited out planes. 9/11 6
passionfly1 Lets finally debunk Nico and Marco Kaschuba (video hoaxers) People Debunked 0
Trailblazer Explained: "Beam" in Video of Explosion In Iraq. [Rolling Shutter Artifact] General Discussion 11
robotriot Lightning Artefacts on Video Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Leifer Carly Fiorina's clamed "heart beating" abortion video General Discussion 7
Leifer United Airlines, 1966 route map - video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 3
TEEJ Spherian7 video - Silver Spring, Maryland, US, 25th May 2014 - Contrails - Different Colours Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
JFDee New fuel dump "chemtrail" video [Munich, Thai Airways Flight 925] Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Mick West Debunked: CyberBerkut Video Supposedly Showing Staged ISIS beheading of Foley Conspiracy Theories 37
Related Articles

Related Articles