Obama Moves To Rename Thanksgiving To ‘Immigrants Day'

deirdre

Senior Member.
[bunk]Obama is going to change the name of Thanksgiving to 'Immigrants Day'.
We will always call it thanksgiving no matter what

Despite protests from leaders throughout the country, Obama is pushing to bring Syrian refugees into our country. To add insult to injury, reports indicate that officials within the administration are hoping to change the name of Thanksgiving to “Immigrants Day.”

The information comes from conservative activist Susan Payne from Maryland, who overheard the plans on a call being led by Cecilia Munoz, assistant to the president and director of the Domestic Policy Council.
https://www.facebook.com/ThePatriotReview/posts/702045249986053 https://archive.is/4frdU [/bunk]

In a nutshell, this is an old regurgitated piece of bunk seemingly being recycled due to the Syrian refugee debate since the Paris Attacks. In Jan-Feb 2015 anti-amnesty activist Sue Payne, and other immigrant activist groups, were invited to participate in a conference call series with a task force Obama set up On November 21, 2014 - the Task Force on New Americans.

Sue Payne claims that on this call one participant made the suggestion that "once this was all finished, there should be another executive order that changes Thanksgiving to celebrate Immigrants Day."

Ms.Payne who claims to have taken "extensive notes" could not recall who made the suggestion. She never suggested a member of Obama's staff made the suggestion, in fact when asked their reaction she says (paraphrased) "they laughed and thanked the caller for the suggestion"

I didnt read the whole final report submitted by this Task Force, but the terms "Thanksgiving", "Immigrant's Day" or "Holiday" are not even in the report to the White House. Report submitted: https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/final_tf_newamericans_report_4-14-15_clean.pdf

There is no evidence Obama has even remotely considered this alleged suggestion.

From Sue Payne's radio station:

March 4, 2015
susan payne on the Joe Miller radio Show:
"(TS :50) they said that once this was all finished, there should be another executive order that changes Thanksgiving to celebrate Immigrants Day."

"(1:10TS) I was going over my notes during the break and really all ive got is names of people and where they were calling in from. [..]chicago, LA, and i guess they would represent their groups but...

Joe Miller (TS 1:44) "so any opposition at all, for example when one of the groups suggested that we have 'celebrate Immigrant's Day' rather than Thanksgiving?"

"oh no, they just thanked them for their suggestion. and they laughed and thought it was a good idea and thanked them for the suggestion. But to me as an American..[..] I was offended by this stuff"

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Trailblazer Debunked: Obama called Michelle "Michael" in a speech. (Referring to Michael Mullen Jr) Quotes Debunked 0
E** Claim: Forbes article proves Obama/government caught telling media to coverup ebola Conspiracy Theories 2
SR1419 Debunked: Obama "New World Order" speech Quotes Debunked 0
Mick West Debunked: Obama Geoengineering April Fools Joke on Huffington Post Contrails and Chemtrails 2
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars' & Mancow's claim that Harry Lennix trained Obama Conspiracy Theories 136
Jay Reynolds Debunked: Obama Called Putin a Jackass Quotes Debunked 1
AluminumTheory Obama Stole Election with NSA Data Conspiracy Theories 4
Grieves From the Emerald Isles: Clare Daly slams Obama as a "war criminal" Conspiracy Theories 81
Mick West Santa Monica College (SMC) Shooting near Obama visit Conspiracy Theories 44
Jay Reynolds Paul Kevin Curtis, chemtrail believer accused of sending Ricin to Pres Obama Contrails and Chemtrails 93
Mick West Debunked: Chance a prisoner seeking a commutation for President Clinton/Bush/Obama Quotes Debunked 11
Mick West Debunked: Jesse Lewis in Obama Photo after Sandy Hook Sandy Hook 35
CalPolyFan Debunked: Obama Certificate of Live Birth- So Fake It Hurts Conspiracy Theories 21
Mick West Debunked: 1991 Booklet proves Obama Born in Kenya Conspiracy Theories 113
Juror No. 8 Obama kills Osama: What if real reporters were allowed White House press passes? General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: Holdren admits Obama Administration is performing Geoengineering Quotes Debunked 0
S Helioviewer-Sphere near sun: moves towards sun unlike Coronal prominence cavity UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Mick West Chemtrail Awareness on Facebook, moves on a bit Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West What should we rename "Fortean phenomena"? Site Feedback & News 35

Related Articles