New tool called rbutr, to indicate a web page has been rebutted

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
I ran across this and thought it may be of interest. This was mentioned in passing in a couple of threads already, but it hasn't received any further comment.

http://blog.rbutr.com/about-us/

About rbutr
rbutr is a community driven app which creates links between webpages where the content of one page is a rebuttal against the other. The content may be directly arguing against the original content, or generally presenting contradictory evidence. App users are alerted when they browse a rebutted page, providing them a link through to the rebuttal(s).

rbutr aims to facilitate inter-website debate, guide users to rebuttals of dubious information, and indirectly influence our users so that they approach all online information with an increased level of skepticism and critical appraisal.

Content from External Source

Last edited:
Yes, I've been using it for a few weeks now. The most useful thing it does right now is let me get a debunk out effectively to the biggest Tweeters. I've not actually found any rebuttals yet other than the ones I've added - I must move in different circles of bunk.

I've just installed the Ff plug-in, & registered, after seeing it here. Any quirks that you've noticed?

No really. It's not in very wide use though. I only ever see it on very well-travelled pages, and to be honest I never really click on the rebuttals. I don't think t's going to catch on any more.

I'm still using it. Still finding it useful. And I try to connect rebuttals as much as possible, even mirrors of rebutted sources.

Does the app indicate which side a given web page is on? That a given website is bunk or is being used to debunk?

From the description is says a given website has been debunked.

At first I thought that this would be mixed blessing. You really want to see if a web page is on either site of the argument.

I could see folks poisoning the well so to speak. Nothing stopping someone from post bunk as being debunk.

After giving this some thought, this might actual work to some good. I mean if we could get the bunk websites to use this app to point to debunk websites they would be doing the work for us.

As a quick litmus test I think this app has some potential.

Back