New tool called rbutr, to indicate a web page has been rebutted

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
I ran across this and thought it may be of interest. This was mentioned in passing in a couple of threads already, but it hasn't received any further comment.

http://blog.rbutr.com/about-us/

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I've been using it for a few weeks now. The most useful thing it does right now is let me get a debunk out effectively to the biggest Tweeters. I've not actually found any rebuttals yet other than the ones I've added - I must move in different circles of bunk.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I've just installed the Ff plug-in, & registered, after seeing it here. Any quirks that you've noticed?
No really. It's not in very wide use though. I only ever see it on very well-travelled pages, and to be honest I never really click on the rebuttals. I don't think t's going to catch on any more.

mrfintoil

Senior Member.
I'm still using it. Still finding it useful. And I try to connect rebuttals as much as possible, even mirrors of rebutted sources.

Galan

Does the app indicate which side a given web page is on? That a given website is bunk or is being used to debunk?

From the description is says a given website has been debunked.

At first I thought that this would be mixed blessing. You really want to see if a web page is on either site of the argument.

I could see folks poisoning the well so to speak. Nothing stopping someone from post bunk as being debunk.

After giving this some thought, this might actual work to some good. I mean if we could get the bunk websites to use this app to point to debunk websites they would be doing the work for us.

As a quick litmus test I think this app has some potential.