New permalink format (actually permanent)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The permalink for individual posts used to be like:

https://www.metabunk.org/how-buckli...rt-of-wtc7s-collapse.t8270/page-2#post-205029

It is now:

https://www.metabunk.org/posts/205029/

The original is actually a link to a page in a thread, and then an internal bookmark. The problem is if the posts have been deleted, or the threads are merged and split, then the post might not be on the page it was before and the link will be broken.

The shorter link just has the post number, so the server has to find out which thread it is in, and which page, and then redirect to the full URL. This is slower, but links to posts (rather than threads) are rarely clicked on.

It was a change that needed a little editing of site templates, so let me know if anything seems wrong.

Last edited:

JFDee

Senior Member.
I recently tried to link to a specific post, by using the permalink (in Twitter).

Unfortunately, when I paste the link in a browser where I'm not logged in to Metabunk, I get thrown on the login page - and so is everyone else trying the link.

There is an error message above the log-in:
Intentional or unexpected?

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Z.W. Wolf "Drone" Photo over Colorado - Actually a Boeing 737 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West Was the Steel Border Wall Prototype actually "Sawed Through?" Current Events 3
Mick West Have You Actually READ the NIST Report on Building 7? 9/11 12
Trailblazer Debunked: CNN reported "psyop" re London Bridge attack [actually "SIOC"] Current Events 0
J So I know this isn't actually Nibiru, but what actually is it? [Probably Mars] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Z.W. Wolf Debunked - Photo of Hitler and Henry Ford Together [actually Wilhelm Frick] General Discussion 3
Balance Taurus Molecular Cloud Generator - actually an oil field firefighter Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Debunked: Photo claiming to be Iraqi Chemical WMDs in Syria [Photo is actually in Utah] General Discussion 11
Mick West Debunked: Container of Weapons Destined for Refugees In Europe [Actually for Libyan Fighters] General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: Proof that MH-17 is MH-370? [MH-17 actually did have a covered window] Flight MH17 11
Mick West Debunked: "Partly Cloudy" 1990/2014 Photo Comparison [Actually 2011/2012] Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West Debunked: High Bypass Turbofans do not make Contrails [actually they make more] Contrails and Chemtrails 150
Oxymoron How much of the Smoke Around WTC7 actually from WTC7? 9/11 20
MikeC Video that does actually support hypothesis with evidence Contrails and Chemtrails 1
MikeC Debunked: NASA Scientist Admitting 'Chemtrails' for decades (actually Sounding Rockets) Contrails and Chemtrails 17
Kevin45345 Climate change deniers: NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere General Discussion 2
lee h oswald WTC: Architects and Engineers, what percentage actually disagree with NIST? 9/11 9
tryblinking How many people actually believe in 'chemtrails'? Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles