New "black chemtrail" video

MikeC

Closed Account
Looks like the contrail is in shadow to me - rather than being the shadow of a contrail, since the a/c generating it is shown and it is "dark" right out of the engines??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ross Marsden

Senior Member.
Hmmm. Interesting. My first question with these things is, "Where is the sun? How is it illuminating the scene?"

captfitch

Senior Member.
There's other examples out there I'm sure, and the other pilots here can probably back me up on this but, for some reason in flight there's a specific angle or relation where the contrail can look almost black. Like a smokey, on fire, dark black. Then the angle slowly changes and it gets lighter and lighter.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to tell without the wider picture, but it does look like the contrail is just in shadow, so seems dark against the blue and white of the background. It's not black though, just grey. It's all relative.

captfitch

Senior Member.
The blackest, darkest ones I've seen are the ones NOT in shadow but backlit or some angular light combination. I'll try to look for an example.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
No it's not a contrail shadow - it is a contrail IN a shadow - not quite the same.
#1 on the list there, although that covers quite a few possibilities.

MikeC

Closed Account
Yeah well we aren't all airline pilots with 20,000 hrs asleep in a cockpit! :) Tell it to the guy who made the video :):):)

deirdre

Senior Member.
according to the guy who posted this video, below is 'allegedly' a still shot of the same scene. lots of shadows, but the smoke is black on the side of the plane not in shadow.

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
I guess if you've seen what I've seen and many more other pilots have seen you'd never question these pictures. I'd consider myself an expert in the field and if you want to argue the contrary...have at it. However, I'm telling you that those pictures have to do with sun angle and maybe passive cloud interference as much as you want to say otherwise.

It's a hopeless argument at its best. It's what feeds speculation and ignorance...conspiracies.

deirdre

Senior Member.
That looks more like smoke from an engine fire than anything else.. but I could be completely wrong.
except the plane doesn't appear to be in distress. I'm leaning toward hoax now. there's only 3 seconds of plane footage in the video. wouldn't be that hard to fake.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I guess if you've seen what I've seen and many more other pilots have seen you'd never question these pictures. I'd consider myself an expert in the field and if you want to argue the contrary...have at it. However, I'm telling you that those pictures have to do with sun angle and maybe passive cloud interference as much as you want to say otherwise.

It's a hopeless argument at its best. It's what feeds speculation and ignorance...conspiracies.
You can't just sweep things under the rug with "I know better" though.

Why is the trail so dark in that photo? How could the plane be washed out white, and yet the trail be black?

It's a bit of a puzzle. An exact answer would be useful.

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
Mick why are you placing an argument? It's technology. I has no replacement for the human eye. Your comment is weird.

I'm sorry if you're serious.

Given your prowess with technology you should be able to determine if this jet was having trouble...

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
Yes...I've seen both pictures many times in my over 12k hours of flying. What's the big deal? It has everything do do with sunlight and maybe clouds. So what?

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
refraction of protons is amazing isn't it?
Yep.. it truly is.

except the plane doesn't appear to be in distress. I'm leaning toward hoax now. there's only 3 seconds of plane footage in the video. wouldn't be that hard to fake.
Thats also a very good thought. I'll try running the pic through photoshop when I get home from work and see if I can dissect it. I may not be able to but wth.. its worth a shot.

*edited to avoid confusion.. there were several posts added as I was replying.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The big deal is why the plane is bright white, and the contrail is black.

If it's so incredibly common, then surely there would be more photos of such things, and an easy explanation.

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
Ok gentlemen. [...] Those damn pictures are totally normal. WTF??? What am I missing about what you're not seeing?

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
Ok gentlemen. [...] Those damn pictures are totally normal. WTF??? What am I missing about what you're not seeing?
I like to tear things apart when they pique my interest. I accept that you have a lot of experience as a pilot, but I dont just take things at face value or people at their word. Its part of what makes life enjoyable. It could be completely mundane, or it could be some jackass perpetuating a hoax, or it could be something legit. By tearing things apart and looking at them, you can figure them out.. which for me is 99% of the fun in life. Call it scientific curiosity, or just curiosity in general. Its the same reason I study Psychology/Sociology as well as Astrophysics and Astronomy.. I like to know how things work and why. Its why I employ the scientific method.. I have your hypothesis and your testing (your experience) and now Im going to test another hypothesis (that its fake) as well as do some independent research. If things things turn out to be as common as you say.. GREAT.. if not.. GREAT.. means I learned something new either way.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Ok gentlemen. I know I am a belligerent cocky asshole but you're fucking pissing me off. Those damn pictures are totally normal. WTF??? What am I missing about what you're not seeing?

Black contrail. White plane. Even if you see this all the time, we still need to explain how it is possible.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
The first one posted looks like nothing really odd.
The second one, with the extreme contrast and the background, does. It should be determined what's going on there.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The second one, with the extreme contrast and the background, does. It should be determined what's going on there.
My thoughts exactly. I'm leaning towards some manipulation of the photo.

deirdre

Senior Member.
well I thought it was odd they cut away from the plane so quickly.

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
I like to tear things apart when they pique my interest. I accept that you have a lot of experience as a pilot, but I dont just take things at face value or people at their word. Its part of what makes life enjoyable. It could be completely mundane, or it could be some jackass perpetuating a hoax, or it could be something legit. By tearing things apart and looking at them, you can figure them out.. which for me is 99% of the fun in life. Call it scientific curiosity, or just curiosity in general. Its the same reason I study Psychology/Sociology as well as Astrophysics and Astronomy.. I like to know how things work and why. Its why I employ the scientific method.. I have your hypothesis and your testing (your experience) and now Im going to test another hypothesis (that its fake) as well as do some independent research. If things things turn out to be as common as you say.. GREAT.. if not.. GREAT.. means I learned something new either way.

Well, I certainly appreciate your comment. Well spoken. The only way I can describe what I see in this situation is a high overcast. Cirrostratus. Like really high clouds (40K plus). The camera angle is deceiving. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert but I do see this phenomenon take place occasionally. To pretend like it's some weird new scientific event is odd in my opinion.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
S Black exhaust, contrail, or chemtrail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
BombDr Chemtrail logistics: How many NWO black-ops people are required? Contrails and Chemtrails 19
Mick West Black UFO At Skinwalker Ranch (A Fly) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Guido Hello and a questionabout black line in sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
B Black line in sky seen from plane (contrail?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Double "Black Beam" Contrail Edge Shadow over Mt Shasta Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
Mick West Black and White Contrail - Above or Below Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 10
MikeC Claim: FAA conspiring with Police to limit news access to Black Rock General Discussion 3
Mick West Some "Black" Shadowed Aerodynamic Contrails Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 4
Rory Black square around Earth proves NASA fake footage Flat Earth 3
Mick West Plane with Vertical Black Stripes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 25
Qualiall Malaysian Transport Ministry's first-year report (released March 8th 2015) Flight MH370 4
Mick West Hoax: AirAsia QZ8501 Black Box Voice Recorder [Alleged Adam Air 574 in 2007] General Discussion 0
Trailblazer "Black aerosol" spray over the Netherlands (contrail shadow at sunset) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Lisa P "Black Beam" Contrail Shadow, Sunshine Coast, Australia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 47
RFMarine Claim: Black dust all over japan - radioactive - fukushima? General Discussion 3
Jason Weird black ring appears in the sky [Pyrotechnic Smoke Ring] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Lode Debunked: "California Combats Drought With Black-Ops Weather Control" Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Mick West Debunked: Black Smoke and orange flames as an indicator of an Oxygen Starved Low temp fire 9/11 4
Alchemist Why Is There A Media BLACK OUT On These CRAFT Contractors? Boston Marathon Bombings 9
Alchemist DEBUNKED - 9/11 aircraft black boxes weren't recovered 9/11 241
MikeC Men in black tops and tan pants at helicopter crash Conspiracy Theories 5
Joe Carbon black chemtrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 38
PCWilliams Black Hawks Conducting Urban Training Exercise Conspiracy Theories 9
Leifer strange black box Site Feedback & News 1
Mick West Explained: Giant Black Sphere Hovering Near the Sun [Coronal Prominence Cavity] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 69
Mick West GeoengineeringWatch Chemtrail Posters fly-posted in Sydney Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Do Polls and Google Trends show Chemtrail Belief Declining? Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West TFTRH 9: Joe - Former Chemtrail Conspiracist, Current New World Order Conspiracist Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 51
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
StratMatt777 How to effectively talk to chemtrail folk Practical Debunking 9
Leifer Claim: magnetic dust on cars proves chemtrail fallout Contrails and Chemtrails 11
cmnit Malpensa technician whistleblower on chemtrail activities in airport Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Mick West A Conversation with "Chemtrail" activist Patrick Roddie Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Explained: Vatican "chemtrail spraying" coin [part of set depicting Pope's travels] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
deirdre J.Marvin Herndon tries to pass off Bird Poop as evidence of "chemtrail" spraying Contrails and Chemtrails 24
TEEJ Claim of "UFO" interacting with "Chemtrail", Paris, France, 28th September 2016 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
JRBids "Chemtrail off your left wing": Air Traffic Controller Contrails and Chemtrails 18
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Why "Chemtrail" Tests on the Ground Find Metals That Don't Occur Naturally Contrails and Chemtrails 14
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
MikeG Debunked: Geoengineering Killing Great Barrier Reef Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Tapir-mâché Curious-- how low can persistent contrails form? Contrails and Chemtrails 25
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
MikeC Aircraft weight and balance in the real world Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Another photoshopped chemtrail poster: Michael J Murphy Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Jay Reynolds Chemtrail Believers' predictions of "years left" before disaster Contrails and Chemtrails 6
A Augie Snyder's contrail/chemtrail questions Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Mick West Debunked: Rise In Respiratory Mortality from 4th to 3rd Cause of Death. "Chemtrail Flu" General Discussion 13
Related Articles

Related Articles