My brother is extremely adamant about "chemtrails"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremador

For the past few months, my brother has been extremely adamant that chemical contrails make up all of the trails in the sky which dissipate slower than regular trails, and that spread out over a wide area.

I've shown him numerous things on the subject, even a video with Neil deGrasse Tyson being interviewed by Joe Rogan where they discuss chemical contrails. But nooo..... Neil is paid by the government to say that it's a hoax. The other day it was supposed to snow and when I mentioned the lack of snow, he goes on to mention the lack of chem trails. And when I ask him what he thinks is being sprayed, "Aluminum and barium."

He mostly doesn't have anything else to go on other than the fact that when we were younger and living in Brazil, he would apparently not see persistent contrails. I don't even understand how he came to find out about chemical contrails. I have never ever in my life looked at the sky and thought, "Man... the persistence of those trails are pretty long, I wonder if it's because it's full of chemicals." Keep in mind, he's also paranoid about fluoride and plastic. I have these plastic diffuser beads for my water pipe and he claims they will release BPAs and that he can "taste it", when they are BPA free.

I really wish he were joking about all this, and it's even worse when he poisons other people's heads with his garbage about contrails.

For the past few months, my brother has been extremely adamant that chemical contrails make up all of the trails in the sky which dissipate slower than regular trails, and that spread out over a wide area.

I've shown him numerous things on the subject, even a video with Neil deGrasse Tyson being interviewed by Joe Rogan where they discuss chemical contrails. But nooo..... Neil is paid by the government to say that it's a hoax. The other day it was supposed to snow and when I mentioned the lack of snow, he goes on to mention the lack of chem trails. And when I ask him what he thinks is being sprayed, "Aluminum and barium."

He mostly doesn't have anything else to go on other than the fact that when we were younger and living in Brazil, he would apparently not see persistent contrails. I don't even understand how he came to find out about chemical contrails. I have never ever in my life looked at the sky and thought, "Man... the persistence of those trails are pretty long, I wonder if it's because it's full of chemicals." Keep in mind, he's also paranoid about fluoride and plastic. I have these plastic diffuser beads for my water pipe and he claims they will release BPAs and that he can "taste it", when they are BPA free.

I really wish he were joking about all this, and it's even worse when he poisons other people's heads with his garbage about contrails.

Or, how about this video (not mine, but I "approve" of its message! {small joke} ):

(Please have your brother watch it, and discuss).

In case you are wondering about the intro audio, it is a clip from the TV series "Firefly" (Yeah, I had to look this up, because I wondered).

"Big damn heroes":
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigDamnHeroes

Last edited:
He mostly doesn't have anything else to go on other than the fact that when we were younger and living in Brazil, he would apparently not see persistent contrails.

Well, I lived in Brazil for 30+ years (I'm here since 2012), and I do remember looooong contrails at Sao Paulo country side. There weren't so many as there are today for obvious reasons ( less planes ).

it's basically selective memory. I remember when my wife got pregnant: we never saw that many pregnants women walking around before. As we were paying attention to this specific characteristic, we started seeing that all over the place.

Well, I lived in Brazil for 30+ years (I'm here since 2012), and I do remember looooong contrails at Sao Paulo country side. There weren't so many as there are today for obvious reasons ( less planes ).

it's basically selective memory. I remember when my wife got pregnant: we never saw that many pregnants women walking around before. As we were paying attention to this specific characteristic, we started seeing that all over the place.
Remember how women didn't stay pregnant as long (now it's up to 9 months!)
in the old days? Government is secretly keeping women inflated these days
for environmental reasons reasons I probably shouldn't fully explain.

Meteorologist explains persistant contrail conditions (can skip to 1:45 min)

Something else I should point out is that he's not necessarily afraid of being sprayed with chemicals, he just thinks they are doing it to control the weather.

These are great videos. I can only imagine what his reaction will be when I show him.

Meteorologist explains persistant contrail conditions (can skip to 1:45 min)

The source of the image Meteorologist Todd is using to illustrate his explanation would be good.
It is of Chinese fighter aircraft on exercise; is that correct?

Something else I should point out is that he's not necessarily afraid of being sprayed with chemicals, he just thinks they are doing it to control the weather.

These are great videos. I can only imagine what his reaction will be when I show him.

Keep us posted on his reaction.

There is a wealth of information here:

contrailscience.com

but sometimes it is best just to go one step- one claim at a time and ease into the idea he might be wrong.

The source of the image Meteorologist Todd is using to illustrate his explanation would be good.
It is of Chinese fighter aircraft on exercise; is that correct?

No, it's a 1989 photo of some F-16s intercepting MiGs
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mig-29s_intercepeted_by_F-15s_-_DF-ST-90-05759.jpg

DF-ST-90-05759, Command Shown: F3231 - Alaska, USA, Two Soviet MiG-29 aircraft en route to an air show in British Columbia, Canada, are intercepted by F-15 Eagle aircraft of the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing. The Soviet MiG-29s are, for the first time, traveling to the Abbotsford International Airshow in Abbotsford, BC, Canada, to participate in the August 1989 airshow. The USAF F-15 Eagle interceptors actively guarding North American and United States of America's airspace are with the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing, headquartered at Elmendorf Air Force Base (AFB), Alaska, USA.
Date1 August 1989, 22:47
Content from External Source

Alright so today I showed my brother the second episode of Joe Rogan's series "Joe Rogan Questions Everything." Was very surprised and excited to see Mick West was actually on there!

Before we got to that part, we had gotten into arguments already based on the claims made by the chemtrail believers.

At the end of the episode Joe mentions what you really should be concerned with is the fact they're burning jet fuel over your head, my brother says, "THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to tell you!"

So I think he pretty much still believes chemtrails. Even though I told him that when he sees a jet and there's a trail behind it, the cloud only becomes visible because of the heat from the exhaust mixing with the frigid temps of the atmosphere.

Alright so today I showed my brother the second episode of Joe Rogan's series "Joe Rogan Questions Everything." Was very surprised and excited to see Mick West was actually on there!

Before we got to that part, we had gotten into arguments already based on the claims made by the chemtrail believers.

At the end of the episode Joe mentions what you really should be concerned with is the fact they're burning jet fuel over your head, my brother says, "THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to tell you!"

So I think he pretty much still believes chemtrails. Even though I told him that when he sees a jet and there's a trail behind it, the cloud only becomes visible because of the heat from the exhaust mixing with the frigid temps of the atmosphere.
I read somewhere that emissions from planes accounts for about 3% of pollution (cant remember where) but wiki (may not be updated) says
The contribution of civil aircraft-in-flight to global CO2 emissions has been estimated at around 2%
Content from External Source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviation_and_the_environment if your brither thinks chemtrails are just 'normal' pollution then cars produce chemtrails too. And factories. etc. you just cant see them as much because they don't freeze and persist as much.

Perhaps it might help him understand if he looks at video of cars making contrails like this in Alaska: The only difference between such "smoky" exhausts and the invisible exhaust of his car where he lives is the extreme cold.

Similarly planes don't normally leave persisting contrails at ground level at airports....... but they CAN if it is cold enough.
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/on-the-ground-videos-99/vzlet-tu-204-47644.html

Often people have difficulty grasping the difference between the way water behaves at warm ground level which they are familiar with , and the way it behaves at cold high altitude which they have no direct experience with.
Even the effects of cold at ground level are perplexing to many.
Check out this pool video

Nitrogen forms an invisible gas and is only a clear liquid at extremely low temps
When it is thrown and rapidly warms in the atmosphere, the nitrogen turns completely invisible.
BUT in this case a dense white cloud instantly forms.
None of that white stuff was in the bowl.
None of the white stuff is nitrogen
ALL of the white stuff was already above the pool BEFORE the liquid nitrogen was thrown.
All the nitrogen did was make the air over the pool COLD and that white cloud is the WATER that was already in the air over the pool, but previously invisible.

I think what most folks find counterintuitive is how water can rapidly turn from an invisible gas to a dense white cloud as we see in the demonstration.
There just seems to be too much new material visible that you couldn't see before. How could there be so much water there just sitting in the sky if you couldn't see it at all? Isn't water heavy?
It seems to make no sense that that white material was already there but invisible. It *seems* to be more logical that it was PUT there from the bowl.
That difficulty in grasping phase change in water is possibly a major reason people think contrails must be "sprayed" from material carried onboard a plane. How a clear blue sky can suddenly have a dense white trail form in it? It seems easier and more like common sense that the plane added all the white stuff to form a trail rather than understand contrails are mostly made up of water that was already in the sky but previously invisible.

Last edited:

Exactly. Anytime something is brought to your attention, I think you subconsciously notice it more and more, even though nothing has changed. We just bought a new car. Never noticed them before really. Now we see the same model in every parking lot and driving down the street.

I very specifically remember seeing planes flying over the farm in OH I grew up on, some left trails, some didn't. Not often back in those days (early 70's) of course. But on visits later, I remember more flights as I was just floating in the pool or out in the fields.

It's like saying they don't remember such traffic 20 yrs ago...but now it's gridlock....well, duh?

We just bought a new car. Never noticed them before really.

It's the exact same principle, when I had a Corvette. (Red, convertible black top and interior....gonna get another one soon!!....C6)... But, when you drive a "Vette", you see them everywhere! AND. fellow "Vette" drivers almost always acknowledge you....like a sort of "secret handshake" thing.

Back to the topic.....yes.....If I say "Yellow Flowers" to you in the morning, then "you" will notice every yellow flower that you see, for the rest of the day. Human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back