MKULTRA - Were children involved, and was the focus only to find a truth serum?

Joe Newman

Cairenn said in the now locked Vigilant Citizen thread: Yes there was a program called MKUltra, but they did not work with children, like you lady claims. They did some nasty things but not those. The focus was to try to find a 'truth serum'.

It appears that there was much, much more going on with MKUltra than finding a truth serum and that children were indeed involved.

MKULTRA grew into a mammoth undertaking. The nature of the research included these specific problems:
  • Can we create by post-H (hypnotic) control an action contrary to an individual's basic moral principles?
  • Can we "alter" a person's personality? Can we guarantee total amnesia under any and all conditions?
  • Could we seize a subject and in the space of an hour by post-H control have him crash an airplane?
  • Can we devise a system for making unwilling subjects into willing agents and then transfer that control to untrained agency agents in the field by use of codes or identifying signs? NB 13, 14, 28 [5]
In a 1971 Science Digest article [6], Dr. G.H. Estabrooks states, "By the 1920's clinical hypnotists learned to split certain individuals into multiple personalities like Jeckyl-Hydes. During WWII, I worked this technique with a Marine lieutenant I'll call Jones. I split his personality into Jones A and Jones B. Jones A, once a ‘normal' Marine, became entirely different. He talked communist doctrine and meant it. He was welcomed enthusiastically by communist cells, and was deliberately given a dishonorable discharge. Jones B was the deeper personality, knew all the thoughts of Jones A, and was ‘imprinted' to say nothing during conscious phases. All I had to do was hypnotize him, get in touch with Jones B, and I had a pipeline straight into the Communist camp." BB 167-169 For more on CIA mind control projects, click here.

Dr. Jose Delgado, a neurosurgeon and Yale professor, [7][8][9] received funding for brain electrode research on children and adults. In the 1950s, he developed a miniature electrode placed within an individual's cranium capable of receiving and transmitting electronic signals. Delgado was able to control the movements of his subjects by pushing buttons on a remote transmitter. He demonstrated by wiring a fully-grown bull. With the device in place, Delgado stepped into the ring with the bull. The animal charged towards the experimenter – and then suddenly stopped, just before it reached him. The powerful beast had been stopped with the simple action of pushing a button on a small box held in Delgado's hand. [10] MC 147, BB 88

In the second half of the 20th century, mind control projects resulted in extensive political abuse of psychiatry. Many thousands were subjected to unethical mind control experiments by leading psychiatrists and medical schools. Mind control experimentation was not only tolerated by medical professionals, but published in psychiatric and medical journals. Dr. William Sweet participated in both brain electrode implant experiments and the injection of uranium into medical patients at Harvard University. [11][12] Army doctors were involved in LSD testing at least until the late 1970's. Subjects of LSD experiments included children as young as five years old, and brain electrodes were implanted in children as young as 11 years of age. BB, pg. K, 1, 21
Content from External Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread title edited to better reflect intent of the thread.

If that was my intent, I'm fairly sure I would have titled it that way. It's not just about the children, but the notion that it was only about searching for a truth serum. They both need debunking, so please either add the rest or put it back to the way I had it. Thank you.

Last edited:
If that was my intent, I'm fairly sure I would have titled that way. It's not just about the children, but the notion that it was only about searching for a truth serum. They both need debunking, so please either add the rest or put it back to the way I had it. Thank you.

Fair enough, thread title edited again to reflect this.

Either way, did you check out the new posting guidelines?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you quote the actual evidence that children were involved in MK ULTRA? You quotes above just give a variety of disconnected references.

(And please use EX tags for external content, with a plain URL above it)

The vast majority of the records surrounding the MK ultra program were destroyed, so its truly impossible to know how far it went / who or what was involved. However, I -believe- there's a record out there of some few-dozen of the medical facilities involved in the program. If any one of those facilities was exclusive to children, that would settle it, so if anyone knows where such a list can be found, post it, and we can do a bit of sleuthing. That being said, there was absolutely no shortage of outrageous abuses inflicted on children within hospitals and psych wards in the 50's right into the 70's. A sick and twisted sense of entitlement in regard to mentally ill or developmentally challenged children, often with it's roots in eugenics, led to despicable crimes. Given that climate of abuse within the medical, especially the psychological community in America at the time, it would be hard to imagine a program as widespread as MK ultra and it's affiliates not involving children, though I've neve seen anyndirect proof of it myself.

That being said, I understand there's a fair deal of evidence suggesting Ted Kaczynski, better known as the Unibomber, was involved in MKultra research at Harvard university, when he was only 16.

Back