Mick, what equipment used for podcast ?

Leifer

Senior Member.
Mick, what audio and other equipment do you use for your podcasts ?
Microphone, Mic preamp, etc.... ?

Leifer

Senior Member.
I don't do podcasting, but I do have an newer RME Fireface audio interface with 2 mic inputs and that seems adequate. But I also have 2 outboard mic preamps....the best one is an old-school "Valley Audio 401" because it has tone controls and is (was) famously used to contour the EQ in many radio station speaking voices.
I also have an old Symetrix 421 "voice leveler".....(automatic gain control, AGC) that prevents loud sound distortion.....example if loud sounds enter the mic (or someone shouts), it does not distort.
I'm sure there are computer apps for that now though.
I also have a few good condenser (48v powered) microphones.

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Mick, what audio and other equipment do you use for your podcasts ?
Microphone, Mic preamp, etc.... ?
I just have USB Blue Yeti, mounted on a Rode arm in a shock mount. I process the audio with Izotope RX 7, for leveling and automatically removing various noises.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Update: I've replaced the Blue Yeti with a Rode Procaster dynamic XLR microphone, a Cloudlifter CL-1 in-line XLR pre-amp, and a Focusrite 2i2 USB audio interface. Headphone are Audio-Technica ATH-M40x.

Quality-wise it's not hugely different, but it's way more flexible. Plus it looks cooler.

Metabunk 2020-04-17 07-13-32.jpg

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
econ41 AE911's Response to Mick West's Iron Microspheres Talk. 9/11 17
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mick West Mick West on the H3 Podcast General Discussion 0
Mick West Tales From the Rabbit Hole - A Mick West / Metabunk Podcast Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 20
Ben Geddy Happy to have found this site and Mick thru JRE! Practical Debunking 4
Rory The Conspiracy Theory Spectrum Practical Debunking 12
deirdre PSA: Mick West discusses Flat Earth on Joe Rogan (JRE) show today Flat Earth 8
Gamolon Does Mick West's WTC model meet the Heiwa Challenge? 9/11 25
Mick West Mick West on the Pat Walsh Show, KFBK Sacrament, Talking About Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Mick West Interview for "Overcast" documentary by Dedal Films Contrails and Chemtrails 97
S Black exhaust, contrail, or chemtrail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
TemplarJLS I have a question General Discussion 38
Mick West Mick West on Warning: Radio General Discussion 10
ThorGoLucky A shout out to Mick on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Mick West: My appearance on SkyderAlerts "Look Up" is not an endorsement Contrails and Chemtrails 21
Mick West Mick West on Joe Rogan Experience General Discussion 84
TWCobra Debate Challenge from Madisonstar Moon to Mick West West/Wigington Geoengineering Debate 283
Mick West Debunked: Two Disinfo Sites Run by 'Just Some Guy - Mick West Contrails and Chemtrails 38
N I used to be gullible Escaping The Rabbit Hole 3
Mick West Explained: Photo of "UFO" Used in Connection with Nimitz Incident [Balloon] UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 8
ManFrito Red Dragon, Cassini Picture Being Used As Nibiru Proof Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West Debunked: Hillary Clinton Used a "Body Double" after 9/11 Memorial Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West The Various Physical Models Used in Demonstrating Ideas regarding the WTC collapses 9/11 5
M Debunked: Bush "Admits" to Explosives used at WTC 9/11 0
Rob Can the weapon system used be determined from the available evidence? Flight MH17 40
TEEJ Bellingcat Analysis of Satellite Imagery Used In Russian Claims Against Ukraine Flight MH17 104
deirdre Debunked: The band on Lanza's hat wasnt used by Flexfit until 2013 Sandy Hook 27
NikTesla How Much Water is there in Jet Engine Exhaust? [About 1.3 Gallons per Gallon of Fuel Used] Contrails and Chemtrails 67
TEEJ MH17: Evidence a Missile was Used. Shrapnel, etc. Flight MH17 448
BlueCollarCritic Debunked: US AIrforce Admits that HARRP is used for Climate Engineering HAARP 7
Gary Cook Debunked: 'Gun used in Navy Yard shooting was an assault rifle.' General Discussion 8
TWCobra Max Bliss debunked-Aircraft engine oil systems used to dispense Chemtrail chemicals Contrails and Chemtrails 0
gerrycan Thermite Has Historically Been Used for Demolition (at least twice) 9/11 57
subhumn Can facilities like HAARP be used to manipulate the weather? (No) HAARP 3
Critical Thinker At change.org: Senators & Congressmen: Investigate Cointelpro Harassment Now Being Used To Silence A General Discussion 3
Noblelox Practical bunk used to debunk Boston Marathon Bombings 18
J Can cars be hacked and used to assassinate people? Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West WTC Collapses: what type, weight, num, explosive, detonation would have to be used? 9/11 70
Mick West Paraody of AE911: Free-fall descent proves giant hole, not explosives used! 9/11 62
Pete Tar Apollo 17 UFO transcript used in Daft Punk song Contact General Discussion 1
David Fraser Bias and ethics in Debunking. Presenting data that can be used by CTs. General Discussion 4
Oxymoron Debunked: Dawn Hochsprung's photo used for witness of Boston Bombing [Hoax] Boston Marathon Bombings 2
HappyMonday Cannabis used as medicine in late 1800's to early 1900's Health and Quackery 23
solrey Debunked: RADAR used to GENERATE LIGHTNING via S-band HAARP 2
Related Articles

Related Articles