London Telegraph Debunks Chemtrails

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
Though most believers claim that mainstream media won't cover the subject, that is false. Practically all media big and small has at one time or another broached the subject. Many believers don't know this, however, because the resulting debunking isn't acknowledged is ignored or even hidden because to do so would show the shortcomings of both the membership and their leaders. That is hypocrisy and when folks avoid correction when their claims are publicly found lacking it is actually even a deliberate deception by omission.

So, now we have one of the major UK outlets doing a fair job of debunking chemtrails. I see that even the Telegraph isn't immune to mistakes, however, and fell into the minefield laid by the multitude of chemtrail believer-led misinformation. They say:

Pernilla Hagberg, the leader of Sweden’s Green Party, even raised the issue in parliament.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...s-and-other-aviation-conspiracy-theories.html

Not true, because Hagberg first of all is only a local small town leader, and secondly there is no record that she ever addressed the Swedish Parliament on the issue.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/sw...ail-issue-in-parliament.791/page-2#post-18070

The Telegraph's mistake was taking on face value the many references by chemtrail believers that Hagberg had that sort of influence. They bought into the meme and even though they should have known better they failed to confirm and fact-check what they saw on the internet.

=========================
'Chemtrails' and other aviation conspiracy theories
Ever wondered why some planes emit long, lingering clouds of white vapour, while others pass overhead without leaving a trace?

The trails which arouse the most suspicion are those that remain visible for a long time, dispersing into cirrus-like cloud formations Photo: GETTY

By Oliver Smith

10:50AM BST 24 Sep 2013

The seemingly random appearance of “contrails”, as these lines of condensation are commonly called, is considered by a small but vocal online minority to be evidence of government conspiracy. The clouds are, according to some, in fact “chemtrails” – chemical or biological agents sprayed at high altitude for any number of top secret reasons.

Continues:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...s-and-other-aviation-conspiracy-theories.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody direct me to a debunk of the supposed (recent?)"UK govt admits chemtrails" document? I have seen some stuff about it, but can't remember where.

Apparently it's called this: "House of Commons Report on the Regulation of Geoengineering 2010" and specifically "on pp 37-38 of the document on solar radiation management aka chemtrails"

Is that the same thing as that other thread? I didn't get that name in a search over there.

Now, The London Times debunks chemtrails, but a subscription is needed for the full edition:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/weather/article3879866.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_09_26
Weather Eye: contrail conspiracyPaul Simons
Published 1 minute ago

A ccording to some theories, contrails that persist in the sky are chemical agents secretly sprayed into the sky by government agencies

Striking aircraft contrail patterns could be seen criss-crossing the sky over the past few days when the skies were clear. A ccording to some conspiracy theories, some contrails that persist in the sky, or make unusual patterns, are chemtrails — chemical or biological agents secretly sprayed into the sky by government agencies.

Apparently it's called this: "House of Commons Report on the Regulation of Geoengineering 2010" and specifically "on pp 37-38 of the document on solar radiation management aka chemtrails"

Is that the same thing as that other thread? I didn't get that name in a search over there.

There's nothing to debunk there. It's a discussion document about geoengineering in the future.

There's nothing to debunk there. It's a discussion document about geoengineering in the future.
That's what I was figuring out. Those pages seem to involve proposals for legislation. The person to whom I am writing claims it is proof of chemtrails, of course.

Back