KFC Mutant Chicken Hoax using my own Photoshop Hatchet Work

Eric Wayne

A lot of people believe that KFC doesn't use real chickens, but instead uses "genetically modified organisms" that are beakless, featherless, and have multiple legs and wings. Here is a current incarnation of the hoax/conspiracy.

The image they use is fake, which I know because I made it.

When a friend told me about KFC using mutant chickens, I didn't believe it and wanted to look up online to see what the GMO 'bird" looked like. There wasn't any image. At the time I was teaching English in China and discovered that about half my students believed the hoax, so I created a lesson to help them see through it. As part of the presentation of the hoax I included a picture (which I secretly made in Photoshop) of the "bird" as evidence. And as a part of revealing that the story is a hoax, I told them the truth about me creating the picture on the computer. Somebody nicked that image off of my webpage and it is now being used as evidence to promote the hoax. The upside of this is that I have the original Photoshop file, and can show stages of my creation, and have done so here.

Jason

A lot of people believe that KFC doesn't use real chickens, but instead uses "genetically modified organisms" that are beakless, featherless, and have multiple legs and wings. Here is a current incarnation of the hoax/conspiracy.

The image they use is fake, which I know because I made it.

When a friend told me about KFC using mutant chickens, I didn't believe it and wanted to look up online to see what the GMO 'bird" looked like. There wasn't any image. At the time I was teaching English in China and discovered that about half my students believed the hoax, so I created a lesson to help them see through it. As part of the presentation of the hoax I included a picture (which I secretly made in Photoshop) of the "bird" as evidence. And as a part of revealing that the story is a hoax, I told them the truth about me creating the picture on the computer. Somebody nicked that image off of my webpage and it is now being used as evidence to promote the hoax. The upside of this is that I have the original Photoshop file, and can show stages of my creation, and have done so here.
Embarrassingly, I fell for this craze some 4 or 5 years ago when it was shown to me in the office where I worked. I then sent it to my wife and it steam rolled from there as we all sent it to our friends and family. All of us stopped eating at KFC for a while, I'd say about a year or longer. We essentially boycotted KFC. Obviously, it's bogus and looking back I can I laugh at it now, but in the moment it really had us all going

Eric Wayne

Embarrassingly, I fell for this craze some 4 or 5 years ago when it was shown to me in the office where I worked. I then sent it to my wife and it steam rolled from there as we all sent it to our friends and family. All of us stopped eating at KFC for a while, I'd say about a year or longer. We essentially boycotted KFC. Obviously, it's bogus and looking back I can I laugh at it now, but in the moment it really had us all going
My initial reaction was just wanting to see the atrocity, because, well, as a kid I loved the sort of science fiction in which hybrid-creatures or monsters are artificially created (Island of Dr. Moreau, The Fly, Frankenstein…). I didn't believe or disbelieve it, though I was certainly skeptical. I just put it on a back burner until I had a chance to research it.

By the way, I discovered this site through the excellent material on debunking chemtrails. I've been having ongoing debates about this for days. Not surprisingly, the other side refuses to acknowlege any evidence, and resorted to just calling me names. Nevertheless, it was satisfying to be able to show them what the planes really were that they were insisting were designed for spraying chemicals. Now I'm interested in finding a good analysis of why people believe (false) conspiracy theories, and why they are not easily swayed from their beliefs.

Jason

Now I'm interested in finding a good analysis of why people believe (false) conspiracy theories, and why they are not easily swayed from their beliefs.
There's a lot of material about this subject. Check out; "out of the rabbit hole-former believers" and "Debunking Theory and Practices", on the main forum page. Good luck

WeedWhacker

By the way, I discovered this site through the excellent material on debunking chemtrails.
WELCOME!!! Really, it's nice to see such a person with your obvious skills (and acumen).

I (thankfully) either never heard, nor gave a "cluck" about this KFC trope....but, seeing it now is instantly hilarious!! Man, "birds-of-a-feather" (and all that....I will soon run out of similes).

Thanks for the info!!!!

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It's great to demonstrate to people how easy it is to fake things. But there's always a danger of such things escaping into the wild. Just look at how many satire sites are repeated as real news.

WeedWhacker

Just look at how many satire sites are repeated as real news.
Still expecting images from "Jurassic Park" (some "purists" say it should have been titled "Cretaceous Park"....but, "lulz")....Films "1 - 2 -or- 3" to be presented, one day....perhaps in a few decades (??).

(ETA): Since.....well, chickens and other birds ARE directly descended from Cretaceous-era dinosaurs.....

Eric Wayne

There's a lot of material about this subject. Check out; "out of the rabbit hole-former believers" and "Debunking Theory and Practices", on the main forum page. Good luck
I read the entry in Wikipedia, and it has some good ideas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory
I find particularly interesting, in regards to people I know personally who propound conspiracy theories, the reaction against "institutional analysis" (which Chomsky mentions). All the conspiracy people I know happen to not have achieved a BA, and there may be something of a resentment of a kind of consensual-objectivity, which they may feel locked out of, and thus antagonistic to. Thus, an alternative kind of "knowing" that doesn't involve rigorous analysis and fact-checking, or corroborating new knowledge with an established base of information, may seem appealing. The conspiracy fan can be above those people "brainwashed" by education, and access truer knowledge more directly through things like Youtube videos and Facebook graphics. They may believe they have an alternative and superior model of reality.

There does seem to be something about a lack of college education (such as having to write lots of essays that cite sources and make coherent arguments, and having a well-rounded intellectual foundation) that would prevent one from triangulating information with what one already knows. People (notably Alex Jones) have recently tried to argue that Michelle Obama is a transexual. But it should be obvious that this is impossible since she has two children and it's highly unlikely that anyone would run for president with a transsexual for a wife. Someone without a general college education might be more vulnerable to not seeing how this just doesn't sync with common knowledge.

Of course, this is just a hypothesis on my part conserning one group of people who might gravitate towards a "conspiracism" , and there are lots of exceptions.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
WavedRhyme Mcdonald's chicken nuggets microfied..fibers? + 14yr old burger General Discussion 24
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
RevenTexX 2006 Zdany Mazovia, Poland UFO Sighting. UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 23
Nandude Light Fall Off in Apollo Missions - American Moon Documentary Conspiracy Theories 16
Mick West TFTRH #29 - Geoff: Everything is a Hoax, The Earth Might Be Flat Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Whitebeard Debunked: Nibiru FOUND? Mysterious gigantic rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system Science and Pseudoscience 1
P Is Operation Northwoods a hoax? [No, but it's not an "Operation" Either] 9/11 17
Dan Wilson Debunked: Steven Crowder: The AIDS epidemic was a hoax Health and Quackery 9
PCWilliams Debunked: Apollo 17 helmet reflection shows an unsuited stage hand [reflection of astronaut] Conspiracy Theories 27
Mick West Debunked: CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed: ‘We Blew Up WTC7 On 9/11’ [HOAX] 9/11 12
Mick West Hoax? Three Fingered Nazca Mummy UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
nickrulercreator [Debunked] Apollo 14 Flag Waving Before Ascent? Science and Pseudoscience 21
MikeG Buzzfeed Reveals Billion Dollar Hoax General Discussion 0
Leifer Paid anti-Trump protesters ? it's a Hoax General Discussion 6
Spiemel Fontus - self-filling water bottle (indiegogo scam campaign?) Science and Pseudoscience 185
Balance Taurus Molecular Cloud Generator - actually an oil field firefighter Contrails and Chemtrails 6
derwoodii Debunked: Strange lights above Canberra: (Photoshop mistake) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Debunked: Obama's "Worst Nightmare" Realized As Chinese Troops Flood Into Syria [Hoax] General Discussion 5
Gary Cook 911 video with edited out planes. 9/11 6
Fallingdown Debunked: Shooting Stanley Kubrick [Hoax, Not Kubrick] Conspiracy Theories 13
passionfly1 [Hoax Intercept] UFO's in cornfield in Krakow, Poland Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Eyes_Open Debunked: Angels over Brazil [Hoax] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
E Debunked: Virginia Shooting Hoax Claims - Lack of visible shell casings mean fake gun Conspiracy Theories 22
Bruno D. Debunked: Virginia Journalist Shooter is a White Man Conspiracy Theories 1
trevor Virginia Shooting Hoax Claims - Can People Run After Being Shot [Yes] Conspiracy Theories 41
Keith Johnson CLAIM: Dispatch Log Shows CT State Police Were at Sandy Hook School Hours Before the Shooting Sandy Hook 1
Mick West Debunked: Ghost Photo in Stony River Hotel, Okato, NZ [Light in Fridge] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
Bruno D. Chocolate Diet hoax - interesting case about junk science General Discussion 4
Eyes_Open Hi Everyone - General Discussion 1
Tony_Sigel Debunked: Chang'e-2 photos of Alien Base on Moon [Hoax] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 14
MikeG Debunked: Crime Scene Photos "Prove" Sandy Hook was a Hoax Sandy Hook 107
Qualiall William Brandon Shanley's Trillion Dollar lawsuit Sandy Hook 11
Faithless Claim : TransAisia plane crash is a hoax General Discussion 9
Hevach Debunked: Curiosity repair man [Rover arm in retracted position] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
Mick West Hoax: AirAsia QZ8501 Black Box Voice Recorder [Alleged Adam Air 574 in 2007] General Discussion 0
Fin Watching a UFO From My Roof (UFO Releasing Glowing Orbs Into a Formation) - debunked? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Debunked "When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons" [Satire] Quotes Debunked 0
ufoofinterest Hoax: Supposed UFO releases orb over Southern California. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 48
solrey Debunked: Morgellon's Drug Label Hoax Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Mick West Hoax: Climate Engineering Pilot Disclosure? Contrails and Chemtrails 76
Hevach Debunked: Philae Landing Faked Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Debunked: Bleen 3D Clear Air Hologram [Indigogo Hoax] Science and Pseudoscience 25
Graham2001 Aulis article uses NASA documents to cast doubt on the reality of Apollo Conspiracy Theories 26
CaptainBeefheart Debunked: Ottawa Shooting Hoax/Shadow's Prove Wrong Times Conspiracy Theories 13
CaptainBeefheart Claim: Fake CPR at Ottawa Shooting Proves Hoax Conspiracy Theories 17
CapnPegleg Debunked: Boyd Bushman, Area 51 scientist, claims existence of aliens in deathbed video [Hoax] Conspiracy Theories 16
Mick West Debunked: Paramagnetic Paint - Color Changing Cars [Hoax: After Effects Fake] Science and Pseudoscience 13
Trailspotter Debunked: Crabzilla [Giant Crab Photoshopped into Bing Maps image] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 19
justanairlinepilot "Chemtrail Switch" hoax images Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Mick West Hoax: Fuel Dump video on Facebook [Flight BA244 from Buenos Aires to London] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 181
Related Articles

Related Articles