'John Brennan Sworn in as CIA Director Using Constitution Lacking Bill of Rights'

Mattnik

This was just retweeted by Wikileaks. I'm not 100% on my American politics, but this sounds like 'woo' to me but I'm not able to check at the moment.

Cairenn

Senior Member.
I believe that nothing is needed as an 'item. If one wanted to, they could use a copy of Superman, or anyother item

Joe

This was just retweeted by Wikileaks. I'm not 100% on my American politics, but this sounds like 'woo' to me but I'm not able to check at the moment.

he is bad news 8539033959_54d56e977b_o_custom-58543fb6303e944fca248cf5128b207e3a6ba858-s40.jpghttp://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/08/173826021/john-brennan-is-sworn-in-as-cia-director

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
I think the comment was something to do with the separation of church and state or encroachment of religious ideas informing policy more than anything else.
Maybe that influence was more obvious in the last administration.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, should he have used a copy of the constitution from 1992? (The date of the last amendment). If he used a copy from 1900 would that mean he thinks women should not vote?

It's a silly criticism. The constitution included the mechanism for amendments (article five), and anticipates amendments. So this historical document is the thing that led the US to our present state. It's a great thing to sign on. Vastly better than the Bible.