Jet fuel damages human cells - study

MikeC

Closed Account
I can see this being the next foundation for all things evil about chemtrails - SEE - THEY ARE POISONING US!!

AIR force jet fuel can damage human body cells with unknown long-term effects, a defence-funded study has found.
THAT principally stems from the kerosene component of JP8, used to power RAAF jet aircraft and also most aircraft and many vehicles including tanks operated by the US military.
Dr Ian Gardner, Defence senior physician in occupational and environmental medicine, said this independent study, conducted by the Mater Medical Research Institute in Brisbane, used the latest medical research technology to examine molecular and genetic aspects of cell biology. "The study found small but persistent cellular effects many years after exposure," he said in a statement.
The study said longer term clinical significance of such changes in cellular function was currently unknown. Reassuringly, it found no evidence of genetic or chromosome damage which could lead to cancer.
Content from External Source
Obviously "many years exposure" is not the same as being 35,00 feet under flight paths or even near an airport - as a health and safety issue it is more likely to be something that mechanics and refuelrs and fuel company staff have to worry about.

It arose out of the RAAF's controversial deseal-reseal program in which workers were exposed to a range of chemicals and solvents while working inside the fuel tanks of F-111 aircraft.
Yeah I don't think this necessarily translates to the average person. It would be nice if they had a link to a published study. What kind of cellular damage are they talking about?

Reassuringly, it found no evidence of genetic or chromosome damage which could lead to cancer.
What a terrible job they are doing of poisoning us.

sprays your keyboard
Between the bitterant and the fact that you can get frostbite from it, I never believed anyone could actually huff this stuff, but then I did an IT call at a warehouse and while I was there the manager was flipping out about a worker's comp claim from somebody who ended up losing part of his nose to frostbite after trying to huff canned air on the job.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is: If you're inhaling jet fuel, you've probably got worse problems than cell damage.

When I was an apprentice we did defuel/refuel sealing of Boeing 737 fuel tanks - they are plenty big enough for skinny 18 year old's to crawl through, so it is a little bit personal to me.

This involved going back into a tank after a major structural repair to the wing front spar that also forms the front wall of hte tank, and applying a smally messy 2-part "rubber" seal to the joins, then refueling, checking for leaks, defueling and going back in (after overnight forced ventilation to be fair) and applying more of this gunk to anywhere that might have been leaking.

Almost 40 years alter it might explain a thing or 2...but I don't remember what exactly....:D

It's not sealed when all the access panels are taken off so you can do major structural repairs and to let hte apprentices in! :)

Check the underneath of an airliner wing - you'll see a line of small oval panels that can be removed - that's how you get in!

Eg in this diagram they are the small ovals on wing on the right of the picture:

It's not sealed when all the access panels are taken off so you can do major structural repairs and to let hte apprentices in
I guess I mean... is there cross ventilation? I cant tell what im looking at with diagrams.

No - you ventilate each separately - you take out some or all of the access panels on one wing, then blow air in through some so it passes through the tank and out the others.

The tanks do have a venting system for normal use of course - to allow air in to replace used fuel - but that's not quite the same thing as a big blower! :)

Here's a rough schematic -

[Broken External Image]:http://www.rhineair.com/images/underwing-access-panel1.png

The study seems to be a part of a larger project, "Jet Fuel Exposure Syndrome (JFES) Study", and is published on websites from the Australian Department of Defense :
http://www.airforce.gov.au/News/Rel...-Study/?RAAF-ixlzU1OW9mmQGnY0042BMTiw1OOJ/API
http://f111.dva.gov.au/studies.htm
It is more precisely called "Report on the Molecular Investigations into the Jet Fuel and solvent exposure in the DeSeal/ReSeal programme conducted at the Mater Research Institute (UQ), Brisbane". On one of the pages, this is shortened "JFES Molecular Investigations Report".

I can see this being the next foundation for all things evil about chemtrails - SEE - THEY ARE POISONING US!!

AIR force jet fuel can damage human body cells with unknown long-term effects, a defence-funded study has found.
THAT principally stems from the kerosene component of JP8, used to power RAAF jet aircraft and also most aircraft and many vehicles including tanks operated by the US military.
Dr Ian Gardner, Defence senior physician in occupational and environmental medicine, said this independent study, conducted by the Mater Medical Research Institute in Brisbane, used the latest medical research technology to examine molecular and genetic aspects of cell biology. "The study found small but persistent cellular effects many years after exposure," he said in a statement.
The study said longer term clinical significance of such changes in cellular function was currently unknown. Reassuringly, it found no evidence of genetic or chromosome damage which could lead to cancer.
Obviously "many years exposure" is not the same as being 35,00 feet under flight paths or even near an airport - as a health and safety issue it is more likely to be something that mechanics and refuelrs and fuel company staff have to worry about.

My father was an aircraft mechanic at the Alameda Naval Air Station in CA for over 20 years. He worked on the jet fuel systems and that required crawling around in the wings. When he came home from work he always smelled of jet fuel and his jeans and wallet were saturated (wet) with jet fuel. He also used solvents to wash parts.

Amazingly, his health was really good and he lived to age 86. However, when he was in his mid 50's he got bladder cancer. I always wondered if the jet fuel caused it, but his doctors said the bladder cancer was from smoking. He grew up on a farm and he started smoking home rolled tobacco at a young age. Then he smoked Camel cigarettes (without filters) until Nat King Cole died in 1965. When it was announced that smoking causes lung cancer and that's what killed Nat King Cole, he quit smoking. By that time he had smoked for about 30 years, so it very well could have been the smoking (and not the jet fuel) that caused his cancer. He had chemotherapy for the bladder cancer and it never did return.

That being said, everyone is different and chemicals can affect people differently. I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and I probably couldn't stand being exposed to jet fuel for any length of time. I have an MTHFR enzyme deficiency (gene defect) which reduces my ability to detox by about 40%. But people who inherited defective genes from both parents can have a 90% reduction in their ability to detox. So I would imagine that any health effects from jet fuel would depend on the length of time one is exposed, the quantity/concentration they are exposed to, the route of exposure (skin, lungs), and how well the person's detoxification (methylation) cycle is working.

Yep - I was a civilian mechanic (and apprentice) for 7 years and also overhauled fuel system parts and crawled around in tanks, and everyone in the industry used kerosene as a solvent. Not so much now I think - this was het late 70's and early 80's for me.

The only time I recall anyone having any problem was a mechanic who sat on the top of a drum not noticing that there was a small puddle of fuel.....and the kerosene irritated his delicate parts!!:eek:

It arose out of the RAAF's controversial deseal-reseal program in which workers were exposed to a range of chemicals and solvents while working inside the fuel tanks of F-111 aircraft.
Yeah I don't think this necessarily translates to the average person. It would be nice if they had a link to a published study. What kind of cellular damage are they talking about?

Reassuringly, it found no evidence of genetic or chromosome damage which could lead to cancer.
What a terrible job they are doing of poisoning us.

Jim Lee has been pushing this study, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3587983/ on his various facebook pages. https://www.facebook.com/epicsuccess/posts/1689075017980031

Hydrocarbons (Jet Fuel JP-8) Induce Epigenetic Transgenerational Inheritance of Obesity, Reproductive Disease and Sperm Epimutations
Abstract
Environmental compounds have been shown to promote epigenetic transgenerational inheritance of disease. The current study was designed to determine if a hydrocarbon mixture involving jet fuel (JP-8) promotes epigenetic transgenerational inheritance of disease. Gestating F0 generation female rats were transiently exposed during the fetal gonadal development period. The direct exposure F1 generation had an increased incidence of kidney abnormalities in both females and males, prostate and pubertal abnormalities in males, and primordial follicle loss and polycystic ovarian disease in females. The first transgenerational generation is the F3 generation, and the jet fuel lineage had an increased incidence of primordial follicle loss and polycystic ovarian disease in females, and obesity in both females and males. Analysis of the jet fuel lineage F3 generation sperm epigenome identified 33 differential DNA methylation regions, termed epimutations. Observations demonstrate hydrocarbons can promote epigenetic transgenerational inheritance of disease and sperm epimutations, potential biomarkers for ancestral exposures.

Fallon.jpg

I did point out that the Fallon NV incident was most likely caused by a pipeline leak of JP-8 under a school and wasn't coming from the airplanes. I never recieved a reply.
Levin suspected corporate negligence: He had evidence that a pipeline transporting jet fuel to the Fallon Naval Air Station had leaked underneath E.C. Best Elementary, where Ryan attended preschool. Levin believed both the leukemia cluster and Ryan's condition could be traced to fuel exposure. He based this theory on scientific findings that certain people, due to genetic variations, are less able to detoxify their bodies, and the buildup of contaminants can damage their DNA and cause cancerous growth. In his words, "Jet fuel selected out the susceptible children and gave them cancer."
https://www.hcn.org/issues/46.4/fallon-nevadas-deadly-legacy

Last edited:
Jim Lee has been pushing this study,

I think you were correct in the criticism. It's pretty obvious that daily injections of jet fuel at 500mg/kg is going to be bad for the organism. It's always unfortunate when people refuse to discuss a topic like this.

Back