Is there an updated or expanded version of the conspiracy theory spectrum?

Liambp

I just started reading "Escaping the Rabbit Hole" and I am intrigued by the conspiracy theory spectrum and the demarcation line concept. Has Mick or anyone else produced an updated or expanded version? There are so many new conspiracy theories floating round in the wake of the 2020 election and Covid that it would be useful to see where they rank.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I have not updated it. But essentially it's a subjective assessment, and different people would place different theories in different positions. It's one of those things you can slice in different directions. Consider this chart by Abbie RIchards, it's more organized by potential harm - with the vaguely defined "Deep State" ranking much higher than "The Beatles Never Existed." Such ranking isn't an exact science.

135829753_2894323260810370_873239923463183333_n.jpg

Liambp

Thanks Mick. Abbie's chart is interesting in itself and quite engrossing (a rabbit hole about rabbit holes!). As you point out though it focuses more on potential harm so I don't think you can draw a demarcation line on it the way you can with your ranking.