Is there a conspiracy around chemical weapons attacks in Syria

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
High in even the mainstream media is the news of chemical attacks in Syria and the resulting dangers of an escalation in war in the area. But who is responsible and why?

The finger is being pointed to Assad by the West even though there is a distinct lack of proof at this time. In fact there is much evidence that the 'rebels', could actually be the perpetrators. Finds of chemical munitions (supplied by Saudi Arabia) have been made in areas recently taken from rebel forces.

So is there a conspiracy to instigate direct action by the U.S in Syria as per PNAC aims?

Preparations appear underway with U.S Naval forces building up in the Med and Obama is under pressure to intervene even though responsibility for the attack is not clear.

Also interesting is the statement that 'If it is proved that the Syrian Gov are responsible, a red line will have been crossed'. However there is no reciprocal warning if it is found that the attack is by 'rebel forces'.
http://news.yahoo.com/syria-accuses-rebels-using-chemical-weapons-141457992.html
http://rt.com/op-edge/syria-gas-attack-chemical-propaganda-796/
http://www.timesofisrael.com/saudi-arabia-tries-to-woo-russia-away-from-syria-with-arms-deal/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/15/us-syria-crisis-arms-idUSBRE97E0QH20130815
http://iransaudisyria.com/2013/syria-naval-base-blast-points-to-israeli-raid/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/saudi-arabia-tries-to-woo-russia-away-from-syria-with-arms-deal/

David Fraser

Senior Member.
I have not read it like that. I have interpreted it as they need more info hence the UN and Russia pushing for inspections.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
I have not read it like that. I have interpreted it as they need more info hence the UN and Russia pushing for inspections.
Hope you are right.

Do you not find the disparity between ('If it is proved that the Syrian Gov are responsible, a red line will have been crossed'. However there is no reciprocal warning if it is found that the attack is by 'rebel forces'.), of concern.

David Fraser

Senior Member.
Hope you are right.

Do you not find the disparity between ('If it is proved that the Syrian Gov are responsible, a red line will have been crossed'. However there is no reciprocal warning if it is found that the attack is by 'rebel forces'.), of concern.
Of course I do and I am very cynical. However I am pretty certain that if it was not Assad action will be taken. While the MSM may be posturing about US policy you need to remember the Russians. I think people are taking their lead.

To me this could be a good opportunity for the UN to step up to the crease.

cosmic

Senior Member.
Given that the US position on the Syrian conflict (mirrored by many allies) desires to see the Assad regime out of power, I don't see how the statement is a surprise. Even if it were somehow traced to opposition forces, which I think is unlikely -- I doubt that the White House and State Department would be thrilled to learn of rebel forces using chemical munitions, however I wouldn't expect to see a warning directed at the faction they support.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Given that the US position on the Syrian conflict (mirrored by many allies) desires to see the Assad regime out of power, I don't see how the statement is a surprise. Even if it were somehow traced to opposition forces, which I think is unlikely -- I doubt that the White House and State Department would be thrilled to learn of rebel forces using chemical munitions, however I wouldn't expect to see a warning directed at the faction they support.
I think you are likely right.

There was a good debate on Al Jazeera over who was responsible but I cannot find it on their site or YT. U.S senator assigning likelihhod of blame strongly to Assad Gov whilst dismissing evidence that it could easily be rebels.

Turkey found enough Sarin in rebel hands back in April (4kg), to kill 4 million people but even that seems difficult to find on the net.

Here is a YT video purportedly showing rebels practising with nerve agent, (probably Sarin) on rabbits.

I don't know who is responsible any more than most people but it seems like a good idea to check iy out thoroughly before aiding Al Nousra, (Al Qaeda) to depose Assad and plunge Syria into another Iraq or Libya with millions dead and wounded.

McCain obviously wants to get stuck in.

No one can ever know that they understand something.
They can only hope that they understand.

Last edited:

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
http://www.blacklistednews.com/Syri...ck;_US_Says_"Too_Late'/28384/0/38/38/Y/M.html

cosmic

Senior Member.
Here is a YT video purportedly showing rebels practising with nerve agent, (probably Sarin) on rabbits.
There's of course good reason to treat claims aired on Syrian state television with skepticism due to the propaganda battle being waged. The same can unfortunately be said for the opposition's attempts to counter the state with their own. It all really underscores the dire need for UN/independent investigation before the conflict escalates any further.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
There's of course good reason to treat claims aired on Syrian state television with skepticism due to the propaganda battle being waged. The same can unfortunately be said for the opposition's attempts to counter the state with their own. It all really underscores the dire need for UN/independent investigation before the conflict escalates any further.
I think this argument is well put.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/US_Set_to_Launch_‘Iraq,_The_Sequel’_in_Syria/28383/0/38/38/Y/M.html

jvnk08

Senior Member.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/US_Set_to_Launch_‘Iraq,_The_Sequel’_in_Syria/28383/0/38/38/Y/M.html
There really is not enough evidence either way, and this information asymmetry is made worse by the propaganda coming from both sides.

I have to take issue with this news site, however. Several claims they make are either unsupported or outright wrong. For example,

Errr, any supporting evidence to this? Firstly, there have been more than a handful of chemical weapons attacks in Syria in recent weeks(not just one or two). Secondly, we have no idea where the UN inspectors are staying in Damascus, and saying that the attacks were just a few miles away from where they were absolutely needs to be corroborated in order for it to be a remotely relevant or even useful tidbit of information. Syria is, as has been pointed out before, literally swimming in chemical weapons, it's entirely possible that both sides are using them.

This is absolutely not true, see here.

David Fraser

Senior Member.

Has not a great deal of the reporting come from Medecin sans frontieres? I would say they are totally reliable.

ColtCabana

You can cherry pick enough evidence to make a conspiracy about absolutely anything you can think of, no matter how absurd.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
You can cherry pick enough evidence to make a conspiracy about absolutely anything you can think of, no matter how absurd.
So you have the proof that Assad Gov did it then do you? And what happens after the U.S hawks send in 200 missiles and the U.K sends in 2 (just to say... yeah we agree... can we have a pat on the head now?) Of course it will "be legal" as it is "humanitarian aid". And the band played believe it if you like. It's all 'black and white' to you Colt isn't it?

ColtCabana

So you have the proof that Assad Gov did it then do you? And what happens after the U.S hawks send in 200 missiles and the U.K sends in 2 (just to say... yeah we agree... can we have a pat on the head now?) Of course it will "be legal" as it is "humanitarian aid". And the band played believe it if you like. It's all 'black and white' to you Colt isn't it?
If you give me twenty minutes, I could have enough evidence that velociraptors discovered America after taking control of the Death Star.

My point is that to conspiracy theorists, nothing ever just happens. It's all apart of some giant plan that they cherry pick evidence to support. When your first instinct is "this must be a false flag and I'm going to prove it" then you have obvious cognitive issues.

Cairenn

Senior Member.
So Assad didn't do it? Just like Sadam and Quadafi never killed any of their people. Or if they did, the 'West made them do it."

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
So Assad didn't do it? Just like Sadam and Quadafi never killed any of their people. Or if they did, the 'West made them do it."
Do you have any proof he did... because if you do I am sure the U.N would be very interested in hearing from you. But no you don't do you. All you have is your usual baseless accusations and an extraordinary eagerness to 'bring freedom' with rockets and drones, iris scans and dna databases and 'well yeah you expect collateral damage don't you'...cavalier attitude.

Last edited:

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
If you give me twenty minutes, I could have enough evidence that velociraptors discovered America after taking control of the Death Star.

My point is that to conspiracy theorists, nothing ever just happens. It's all apart of some giant plan that they cherry pick evidence to support. When your first instinct is "this must be a false flag and I'm going to prove it" then you have obvious cognitive issues.
Well of course " nothing ever just happens. It's all apart of some giant plan". If you think it 'all just happens with no thought and planning'... well what can I say.

ColtCabana

Well of course " nothing ever just happens. It's all apart of some giant plan". If you think it 'all just happens with no thought and planning'... well what can I say.
Oh, wow! A conspiracy theorists taking something someone says entirely out of context. That's a new one!

My point is that conspiracy theorists don't ever consider the possibility that this world has a few sick individuals who wish to do harm to others. EVERY SINGLE large scale attack or event is part of some plan designed by the government/Illuminati/New World Order/j00z/whatever buzz word it is this week.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Oh, wow! A conspiracy theorists taking something someone says entirely out of context. That's a new one!

My point is that conspiracy theorists don't ever consider the possibility that this world has a few sick individuals who wish to do harm to others. EVERY SINGLE large scale attack or event is part of some plan designed by the government/Illuminati/New World Order/j00z/whatever buzz word it is this week.
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
There really is not enough evidence either way, and this information asymmetry is made worse by the propaganda coming from both sides.
Exactly, so is that a proper basis to go to war with a country which is thousands of miles away and is no threat to you... 'because they may have chemical weapons from Saudi Arabia (your ally), in their underpants? You have seen the result of the U.S warmongering and disgraceful ineptitude and horrors that it has brought.

I have to take issue with this news site, however. Several claims they make are either unsupported or outright wrong. For example,
Content from external source
Somehow we are supposed to believe that within 72 hours after the arrival of a UN chemical weapons inspection team to assess — with the Syrian government’s cooperation — the sites of previous claimed chemical weapons attacks, that same Syrian government would launch a chemical weapon attack on civilians just miles from where the UN inspectors are staying.
Errr, any supporting evidence to this? Firstly, there have been more than a handful of chemical weapons attacks in Syria in recent weeks(not just one or two). Secondly, we have no idea where the UN inspectors are staying in Damascus, and saying that the attacks were just a few miles away from where they were absolutely needs to be corroborated in order for it to be a remotely relevant or even useful tidbit of information.
That is entirely accurate and reported by all news sources

Syria is, as has been pointed out before, literally swimming in chemical weapons, it's entirely possible that both sides are using them.
So what, loads of countries have chemical weapons... they were even supplied by Saudi Arabia. Perhaps both sides are using them... no one knows but what is not in doubt is Cameron & co and the U.S are chaffing at the bit to get stuck in and fuel another bloodbath because they know that 'when there is blood on the streets, there is vast amounts of money to be made'.
This is absolutely not true, see here.
That is dealing with the reaction to the initial 'bloodless coup'. The U.S is still funding the military junta despite the irrefutable evidence of there shooting unarmed civilians in the thousands.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Conspiracy Theorists Mind Set:

Terrorist Attack? Government did it.
Assassination? Government did it.
I stubbed my toe? Government did it.

Get it?
No I don't get it... we are discussing the U.S and U.K going to war, yet again, with yet another M.E country which was on its wish list PNAC. No one cares about your toe. It is no conspiracy theory it is a conspiracy fact. Do you have proof that Assad has used chemical weapons and 'the rebels' haven't?

Josh Heuer

So basically at this point, they're 100% sure it was Assad to blame (says VP Biden, via CNN report I just read), and they've already moved warships with cruise missile into place, ready to strike whenever. They're just waiting on the word.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
So basically at this point, they're 100% sure it was Assad to blame, and they've already moved warships with cruise missile into place, ready to strike whenever. They're just waiting on the word.
Even CNN is calling this out as seeming like an excuse, rather than a reason:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/27/world/meast/syria-chemical-weapons-red-line/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Cairenn

Senior Member.
So what, loads of countries have chemical weapons... they were even supplied by Saudi Arabia. P.
Evidence of both of those assertions please?

It seems that Syria is producing it theirselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

JRBids

Senior Member.
Do you have any proof he did... because if you do I am sure the U.N would be very interested in hearing from you. But no you don't do you. All you have is your usual baseless accusations and an extraordinary eagerness to 'bring freedom' with rockets and drones, iris scans and dna databases and 'well yeah you expect collateral damage don't you'...cavalier attitude.
Do you have proof otherwise? Or do you just have questions?

Josh Heuer

Even CNN is calling this out as seeming like an excuse, rather than a reason:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/27/world/meast/syria-chemical-weapons-red-line/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
Carney is quoted by CNN as saying:
"Allowing the use of chemical weapons on a significant scale to take place without a response would present a significant challenge to or threat to the United States' national security"

Basically, because it was a large(r) scale attack, we must do something about it. Hero complex stuff. In the name of 'national security' as always.

JRBids

Senior Member.
No I don't get it... we are discussing the U.S and U.K going to war, yet again, with yet another M.E country which was on its wish list PNAC. No one cares about your toe. It is no conspiracy theory it is a conspiracy fact. Do you have proof that Assad has used chemical weapons and 'the rebels' haven't?
Do you have proof of whatever it is you think happened? Or you just don't know what happens but the "official story" smells?

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
How many countries have chemical and biological weapons and nukes. It is not an excuse to start a war... especially with our abysmal track record.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/06/02/syrian-m...om-rebels-russia-blocks-un-quasir-resolution/

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Carney is quoted by CNN as saying:
"Allowing the use of chemical weapons on a significant scale to take place without a response would present a significant challenge to or threat to the United States' national security"

Basically, because it was a large(r) scale attack, we must do something about it. Hero complex stuff. In the name of 'national security' as always.
It has nothing to do with the warmongering U.S or the U.K. It is none of our business.

Sarin type gas can be made and distributed from caves and kitchens and we all know how easy it is to disperse ... viz Tokyo subway. They have planned and schemed for this for years as evidenced by PNAC.

David Fraser

Senior Member.
It has nothing to do with the warmongering U.S or the U.K. It is none of our business.

Sarin type gas can be made and distributed from caves and kitchens and we all know how easy it is to disperse ... viz Tokyo subway. They have planned and schemed for this for years.
Hence the need to inspect the areas so chemical signitures can be analysed. They are able to tell the difference.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Whatever one you don't believe.

What evidence do you have that " there a conspiracy to instigate direct action by the U.S in Syria as per PNAC aims?"
Because they are doing it now. Missiles are prepared... cabinets are in emergency session... the players are justifying it ... without the least modicum of evidence.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Hence the need to inspect the areas so chemical signitures can be analysed. They are able to tell the difference.
They are not interested. It is obvious from the rhetoric "Assad is guilty... we are planning our action"

All I hope is that we have sufficient MP's with enough backbone to stop it... but I doubt that very much.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Because they are doing it now. Missiles are prepared... cabinets are in emergency session... the players are justifying it ... without the least modicum of evidence.
Oh I think there's a modicum. There's a bunch of dead people, children, and animals, and some people who seem superficially to have symptoms of nerve gas poisoning. There's just not conclusive evidence of exactly what was done, and by whom.

There does seem to be a rush to action on the part of the US. It does remind me of the start of the Iraq war. But I admit I'm not entirely familiar with the subject.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Oh I think there's a modicum. There's a bunch of dead people, children, and animals, and some people who seem superficially to have symptoms of nerve gas poisoning. There's just not conclusive evidence of exactly what was done, and by whom.

There does seem to be a rush to action on the part of the US. It does remind me of the start of the Iraq war. But I admit I'm not entirely familiar with the subject.
No, I am not questioning that gas was used. I am saying there is no evidence as to who deployed it and why. It is Iraq 2 Mick and it will be even more catastrophic.

SR1419

Senior Member.
I think the jury is still way out on this...there are many reasons why more extremist elements amongst the rebels would like to draw the US et al into to Syria- 2 birds with one stone- get rid of Assad and open a new front against the US....and whilst Kerry claims to have evidence, they haven't presented it as far as I know.

However, "Iraq 2" is hyperbole...especially with the Russians standing right behind Assad- "Libya 2" maybe but the idea of invading Syria is not something that seems very likely for many reasons. There has been quite some hesitation from the Obama Admin to actually engage in this conflict. If it was Bush, chances are the missiles would be flying already.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
P Hi all, I'm new to this forum, so still trying to find my way around. I wanted to comment regarding Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Explained: JFK: "We are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy" Quotes Debunked 260
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mick West Discussing 5G EMF Concerns, Theories, and Conspiracy Theories 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 15
JFDee 9/11 Conspiracy Idea Slipped into Academic Course Material (France) 9/11 8
Mick West TFTRH #33 – Anthony Magnabosco: Street Epistemology and Conspiracy Theories Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Mick West TFTRH #31: Professor Elizabeth Loftus – Memory and Conspiracy Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 6
Mick West TFTRH #15: Brad - Math vs. Conspiracy Theories Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 21
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Marin B Facebook moderators believing in conspiracy theories Conspiracy Theories 4
Critical Thinker Russia's role in promoting conspiracy theories General Discussion 20
Rory The Conspiracy Theory Spectrum Practical Debunking 12
Mick West Conspiracy Theory or "Devil Theory" of Politics Conspiracy Theories 0
Mick West Alex Jones Deplatforming and Related Conspiracy Theories Current Events 49
Mick West Paper: How paranoid are conspiracy believers? Practical Debunking 21
Mick West Eruption of Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii – Conspiracies and Science Current Events 34
Mick West Perspective on the popularity of conspiracy theories. Practical Debunking 23
Leifer The Where's Waldo game, and the Conspiracy version. General Discussion 15
qed Roy Moore yearbook signature faked? Conspiracy Theories 111
M Bornong Can Belief in Chemtrails and/or other Conspiracy Theories Lead to Violence? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
G Applications of Game Theory to Assessing the Plausibility of Conspiracy Theories Practical Debunking 1
skephu Solar geoengineering and the chemtrails conspiracy on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 3
DannyBoy2k Are There Any Professional Groups Rebutting 9/11 Conspiracy Theories? 9/11 13
Mick West Explained: Unburned trees next to burned down structures as evidence of secret "energy weapons" Wildfires 119
Cube Radio What British Muslims think about 9/11 Conspiracy Theories 9/11 26
ZoomBubba Las Vegas Massacre - Surveillance Footage? Conspiracy Theories 115
Mick West Debunked: Hurricane Harvey, Project Stormfury, Conspiracy Theories Current Events 40
Mick West Dylan Avery - Director of the 9/11 Conspiracy Film "Loose Change" Escaping The Rabbit Hole 2
Mick West Hurricane Harvey. Cat 4. Major flooding. Conspiracy Theories. Current Events 10
Mick West Consensus Messaging vs. Message Targeting in Science Communication Practical Debunking 16
Mick West 2016 Berlin Truck Attack Conspiracy Theories Current Events 13
Mick West Current Events Forum Guidelines Current Events 0
skephu Changing Conspiracy Beliefs through Rationality and Ridiculing Practical Debunking 25
Marin B Garrett Graff : "Bungling" is a more likely explanation for government conspiracy theories Conspiracy Theories 7
Dick Holman How many people follow multiple conspiracy theories? Practical Debunking 12
Jay Reynolds New Dutch paper Analyzes how Conspiracy Theorists see themselves Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Conspiracy? Trump Repeating Falsely Attributed Quote from Russian Media. Conspiracy Theories 26
txt29 Conspiracy Theory: No blood on truck in Nice Conspiracy Theories 34
qed On Skeptoid's definition of Conspiracy Theory General Discussion 15
Mick West When Absence of Evidence is Evidence of Absence in Conspiracy Theories Practical Debunking 35
endoplasmic_reticulum Debunked: iPhone in 350-year-old painting [Letter, Tim Cook was Joking, Obviously] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
MikeG Body Armor Order Indicates Major Military Deployments Conspiracy Theories 1
Whitebeard Manchester Terror Drill and bad reporting. General Discussion 1
Mick West Explained: Head Of The Army Admits to "Little Green Men" [Covert Russian Agents] Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Vice: 'It Was Like a Cult': Leaving the World of Online Conspiracy Theories Escaping The Rabbit Hole 4
Mackdog Justice Scalia death: No autopsy as evidence of conspiracy Conspiracy Theories 15
deirdre Zika Virus: News, microcephaly and conspiracy theories Health and Quackery 14
MikeG Giant Snowflakes [Rimed Dendrites] Contrails and Chemtrails 24
Critical Thinker Fareed Zakaria: An angry victim of the Internet misinformation websites, speaks out Practical Debunking 11
Mick West Pete Santilli's Malheur (Burns, Oregon) FBI False Flag Conspiracy Theory Conspiracy Theories 4
Related Articles

Related Articles