How the Hunga Tonga Volcano Eruption demonstrates the Shape of the Earth

MyMatesBrainwashed

When I'd seen these reports about the pressure waves picked up at weather stations I couldn't help wonder about what that data could show about the shape of the earth.

One thing that struck me is analysis of the data assuming a flat earth would most likely lead towards Tonga having to be at the centre of flat earth.

One thing that struck me is analysis of the data assuming a flat earth would most likely lead towards Tonga having to be at the centre of flat earth.
Ravi quoted a Dutch weather site:
Here is another nice report, about the air pressure changes in The Netherlands, caused by the blast.

Source: https://twitter.com/Weerplaza/status/1482600709254221824?s=20

Goedemorgen! Afgelopen nacht hebben we ook de 2e schokgolf van #Tonga (die vanaf de andere kant kwam) gemeten.
Good morning! Last night we also measured the 2nd shock wave from #Tonga (which came from the other side).
Content from External Source
I would expect that on the globe because the great circle (closest thing to a straight line on a sphere) that connects Tonga and the Netherlands has a short and a long segment, and the shock wave travels both ways.

I don't expect that Flat Earth has a good explanation.

Also, the timing of the shock wave should reveal the shape of Earth, too.

Last edited:
the great circle (closest thing to a straight line on a sphere) that connects Tonga and the Netherlands has a short and a long segment, and the shock wave travels both ways.

I don't expect that Flat Earth has a good explanation.

Also, the timing of the shock wave should reveal the shape of Earth, too.
When you add up the short segment and the long segment, you get the length of the great circle, which is constant since all great circles are the same. Now Earth isn't perfectly spherical, and wave propagation in air depends on air density and isn't perfectly uniform, but it works out approximately.

SmartSelect_20220117-140435_YouTube.jpg
SmartSelect_20220117-140628_YouTube.jpg
SmartSelect_20220117-140742_YouTube.jpg
SmartSelect_20220117-140920_YouTube.jpg
Content from External Source

Source: https://youtu.be/NIDBBkNMmTc

As long as you don't actually look at the numbers then the pressure waves bouncing of the dome could suffice.
One thing that struck me is analysis of the data assuming a flat earth would most likely lead towards Tonga having to be at the centre of flat earth
If Tonga is at the centre, this does work, but the AE map for that looks kinda strange, because the edge is in Africa:
SmartSelect_20220117-142520_Samsung Notes.jpg

Attachments

• AzimuthalMap.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 246
From another thread:
Verifying that satellite images are real is done by comparing them against the "ground truth" - i.e. the actual situation on the ground.
The Hunga Tonga eruption is more evidence that satellite images are real; and that obviously disproves Flat Earth.

From another thread:

The Hunga Tonga eruption is more evidence that satellite images are real; and that obviously disproves Flat Earth.
Or all of this pressure data is also fake, to support the globe conspiracy. If all of astronomy could be faked for hundreds of years, surely data from a few weather sites can easily be faked.

If all of astronomy could be faked for hundreds of years
Astronomy's not fake, the stars are fake and just happen to look the way they do because of refraction and perspective, I keep getting told. The sky has to not be what it looks like because of the FE dogma.

Astronomy's not fake, the stars are fake and just happen to look the way they do because of refraction and perspective, I keep getting told. The sky has to not be what it looks like because of the FE dogma.
You can’t fit modern astronomy inside the dome.

Do FE-ers think that Elon's Starman Tesla is driving around the inside of the dome like a giant Wall of Death?
I would assume they just think it’s faked. I’ve heard some say that because a vacuum requires a container that the atmosphere must fill the entire dome. So space can’t even exist. I’ve heard a lot of things from flat earth videos and posts, some of which is mutually conflicting. It’s all pseudo-intellectual garbage.

Back