How would actual chemtrails appear?

Brakada

Hey all! First of all I'd like to commend you for all the effort in maintaining such a wonderful source of useful information, not only for debunking, but also for spreading the awareness and knowledge about contrail science. :)

And now to the point. If there was, hypothetically speaking ;) actual spraying of aerosols and chemicals going on. How would it appear from the ground? What would happen with the chemicals sprayed in the atmosphere. My laymen understanding is that since the stuff sprayed would not be at the same temperature as exhausts (not hot at all), it would not sublimate and would probably not be visible from the ground, or would it?

On a similar note, are there any videos or photos of chaff released?

Thx in advance,
B

What is the altitude you assume the substances would be injected?

Smoke can be seen from several thousand feet very easily until wind currents spreads and dissipates it.

Chaff is usually not visible except at very low altitudes or if you are very close to the release and is designed to disperse at specific rates to maximize its effects. For detection reasons one wouldn't want a visible trail leading to the very aircraft you wish to hide, that would be illogical!

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/06/used_by_the_military_to_help_a.html

In the case of the ship released Chaff clouds, visible blocking of your shielded ship would not be a bad effect along with radar shielding. This is obviously not the case for high flying aircraft.

Last edited:
This is probably the best video of Chaff at altitude. You can see it is not very visible.

Thx for the links.

Otherwise, I was referring to commercial flight cruise altitude(s). Just trying to explore the idea of how the actual chemtrails would look like and behave if the conspiracy theories were true. So if all the assumptions of conspiracy theories were true, how would they look like from the ground. My guess is, they would be close to invisible and they wouldn't disperse into clouds or myst, but I lack the required knowledge and capacity to explore the filed and support my assumption.

Thx for the links.

Otherwise, I was referring to commercial flight cruise altitude(s). Just trying to explore the idea of how the actual chemtrails would look like and behave if the conspiracy theories were true. So if all the assumptions of conspiracy theories were true, how would they look like from the ground. My guess is, they would be close to invisible and they wouldn't disperse into clouds or myst, but I lack the required knowledge and capacity to explore the filed and support my assumption.
I would say your assumptions are very correct. There isn't enough carrying capacity in commercial aircraft to carry enough tonnage to make a visible trail for several kilometers. What we see in a persistent contrail is the propagation of ice crystals that are formed from the preexisting ambient atmospheric conditions.

The Thread below discusses the concept very well:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/the-ice-budget-argument.819/

Last edited:
Thx for the links.

There's a variety of pics of things being sprayed that are not contrails here:
http://contrailscience.com/things-that-are-not-contrails-or-chemtrails/

No pics of chaff being sprayed, as it's basically invisible - and in small quantities.

If there was, hypothetically speaking actual spraying of aerosols and chemicals going on. How would it appear from the ground?

I'm glad you raised this point, since it's one that I use in attempts to explain to "chem"trail believers. I ask them to consider a contrail and cirrus cloud (basically the same thing), their color (white) and their overall appearance and behavior. Then, I ask the "chem" believer what he/she thinks a "sprayed" substance would look like (the litany of the several "materials" that are commonly claimed), and also the big question:

"Why does every alleged "chem"trail look exactly the same as what we know are contrails?"?

Maybe this is another way to get people to think rationally, instead of emotionally, on the subject.

Back