How to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed

WeedWhacker

Boo to YT; what are you thinking?

Did you mean the variable speed option on YT? AFAIK (and I often use the feature) it is available to those viewing from the U.S. Cannot speak for other viewing regions.

FYI.....YT recently "changed" the choices....whereas it used to be 1 or +1.5 and +2.0. Now there are "intermediary speeds" of "+1.25" and "+1.75" (although, your speeds may vary! ;) ).

(ALSO.....0.25 and 0.50.......slooooowwwwwwww mooooootion......)....No, not "Moo-tion" (sorry, couldn't resist a very terrible joke, here! No cows were harmed in the creation of this joke).

Last edited:

NoParty

Senior Member.
I've been begging my co-workers for years to hold the damned meetings in 1.5

Unfortunately, their brains have trouble keeping up with their mouths even at .5 :oops:
(and sometimes Mario gets a bit pixellated @ 1.5)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Is that to save time?

Edit: Dumb question maybe, probably the only logical reason.

Not entirely, it also makes the videos easier to watch even if you have lots of time. A slow trickle of information just makes my brain shut down in frustration. And some people just speak annoyingly slow.

Try it on this interview with William Gibson. His slightly slurred normal speech sounds vastly better at 1.5, even though the interviewer sounds a bit rapid.

David

Not entirely, it also makes the videos easier to watch even if you have lots of time. A slow trickle of information just makes my brain shut down in frustration. And some people just speak annoyingly slow.

Try it on this interview with William Gibson. His slightly slurred normal speech sounds vastly better at 1.5, even though the interviewer sounds a bit rapid.

I don't have that option. Not available in the Netherlands I guess.
But I get why you want to listen to this interview in 1.5 speed.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

JRBids

Senior Member.
This is soooooooooooo useful to me. I hate clicking on something and there is no article, just a YouTube video. And yes I am Type A.

Thomas

Cool feature and time-stretching the audio instead of pitching it.

Tried two browsers on ipad, both do not support it for this location. I guess I never get the time to watch that ten hour video of black screen.

Thomas

It is working now for me. The time-stretching of the audio sometimes makes it hard to understand at 1,5x speed. I really have to pay 1,5x times more attention to English and German. For Dutch language it's alright.

Now when people accuse me of replying to quickly in a thread and not watching 2,5 hours of 'undeniable proof' from beginning to end, I can blame it on the speed control. :rolleyes:

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West YouTube's Changes Reduce Watch Time of Borderline Content and Harmful Misinformation by 70% Practical Debunking 38
Mick West Geoengineering Watch and the Wagon Wheel Effect Contrails and Chemtrails 20
Mick West Oroville Dam Main Spillway Waterfall Erosion Watch Oroville Dam 249
Van Wigington Debate Mentioned in this radio segment, Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, January 30, 2016 Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Mick West Conspiracy Watch: Umpqua Community College Shooting, Roseburg Oregon Conspiracy Theories 90
Jay Reynolds Geoengineering Watch Radio: Dane Wigington's Quack Infomercial Contrails and Chemtrails 2
MikeC Watch out for these!! Conspiracy Theories 0
Steve Funk Censorshop on Geoengineering Watch Contrails and Chemtrails 12
M FLIR Technician Discusses Navy videos and claims to refute Mick's claims UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 300
LorentzHall 3 Videos, From Separate Angles, Of An Orb UAP In Moscow (2015) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
D Claim: Videos of people exhaling vape smoke through a mask, demonstrate masks as useless against a virus.. Coronavirus COVID-19 42
ofu Colombia UFO (2 videos) what are they? UFOs and Aliens 2
H CLAIM: USS Omaha videos were taken on the ship's "Combat Information Center" by "VIPER team" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 5
April. Skinny bob videos? UFOs and Aliens 57
Mick West How Do You Stage UFO Photos and Videos? Let us Count the Ways. UFOs and Aliens 42
Leifer My old videos.... re: chemtrails..... Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1
Mick West The Evolution of Official DoD/Pentagon Statements Regarding The Navy UFO Videos and UAP Investigations UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 6
Mick West Explained: New Navy UFO Videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 210
Mick West Why Michio Kaku is wrong about the UFO Burden of Proof & Navy Videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 32
Mick West TTSA Videos Declassification Email Exchange Release under FOIA UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 45
Mick West TTSA's Form DD-1910 for FLIR, Go Fast, and Gimbal videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 69
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Whitebeard Martymer 81 Practical Debunking 4
Trailblazer Contrail videos on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Close Up Videos of Contrails Forming And Evolving Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 19
USAFMXOfficer 9/11 - Pentagon 86 CCTV videos 9/11 6
DarkStar Terry Robinson's "Oahu seen from Kauai" videos Flat Earth 2
Leifer Jet ID....the underside, from photos/videos Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Time Lapse Videos of the Sky (that you took yourself) Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 49
Mick West Video Embedding Site Feedback & News 0
Rusty Far Eye More information videos here. Contrails and Chemtrails 8
derrick06 Any tips for identifying CGI in fake UFO videos? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
jtmac Help me to understand - Photos and Videos with very large numbers of contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 52
Clock The Illuminati Symbolism of Ke$ha’s “Die Young” (and other videos) Debunked! Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Gimbal distance and Speed Range Estimates using Lines of Bearing and/or DCS UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 247
Bunkmeister Need help with calculating vertical speed of ascending shadow at sunset Flat Earth 13
FlightMuj ISS and Soyuz Antennas. Rotation Speed and Earth Movement Flat Earth 9
Trailblazer Measuring the distance to the moon with laser reflections and the speed of light Flat Earth 5
MikeC Speed tape vs Duct tape General Discussion 2
mrfintoil Debunked: The Great pyramid of Giza and the Speed of Light Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 21
Related Articles

Related Articles