How much research does a truther have to do to get any respect around here?

Jeffrey Orling

Right. "It wouldn't have been a big enough statement/gesture/excuse to go to war?"
Likely, but not certain. It seemed as if GWB wanted to "finish the war" his father had started and didn't (get Saddam etc.) So... maybe they would leverage a multi-plane hijacking with "only" passengers killed as a reason to invade.

Oystein

I know that the official story is that of the fuel. But the fuel is part of the plane...
No.

If you think that "the fuel" that fed the fires that caused the collapses was (only, or mostly) the jet fuel, then no, that is NOT the "official story". What would have made you think it is? Where did you read or hear that?

econ41

I know that the official story is that of the fuel. But the fuel is part of the plane and I thought I covered that by saying "heat".
First - my point was to distinguish two very different stages of Twin Towers collapse:
(a) The plane impact which did some damage BUT the Towers both withstood - survived - that initial damage BUT it started fires. AND

(b) Those fires were fueled mainly by office contents and fit-out material which had been heaped in concentration by the plane impact and accelerated in fire startup by aircraft fuel.

And that, in my words, is the official explanation, NOT "aviation fuel". Then the key factor is that the fires were far greater than the office fire scenario that the towers were designed for. In size, multi-storey start-up, plus disabled sprinklers and no active fire fighting. All those are the parameters on which the three hour fire rating was defined.

Last edited:

econ41

Indeed, it's a difficult challenge.

Is there an online interactive "physics" website/app where you could build a simple model that others could play with to help understand the points being made? I know of some simple rigid body physics simulations, but that's not enough, it would need to understand stress/strain and general irrigidity.
I doubt there is such a model which addresses the specific WTC issues without re-introducing the same problems that stop people from comprehending in the first place. The WTC collapses involved some very complex mechanisms which most people cannot "visualise". Misunderstandings arise over some very fundamental issues of engineering applied physics. Those issues when reduced to simplified models can be understood by most persons who seriously want to understand. My target is to help those persons. NOT the so-called truthers who are locked in denial at any cost.

And the simplified models I employ are simplifications of the actual WTC collapse mechanisms. This should assist a person who needs to comprehend where all the bits of fundamentals into the overall complexity of the real WTC Twin Towers collapse events. They also target errors that I see repeated many times in these discussions.

The alternate approach, preferred by most members active in this sequence of Thomas B threads, is to bring in different models, different structures. Which adds another level of "translation" into an already complex situation. If the person you are trying to help cannot visualise a complex situation asking them to visualise an analogous but different bit of complexity is probably only adding to the confusion. (Yes it MAY occasionally help >> you just need to be alert to that in any ongoing live discussion. And that is not possible if we are in the "Dummy's Guide" book scenario. )

Jeffrey Orling

I doubt there is such a model which addresses the specific WTC issues without re-introducing the same problems that stop people from comprehending in the first place. The WTC collapses involved some very complex mechanisms which most people cannot "visualise". Misunderstandings arise over some very fundamental issues of engineering applied physics. Those issues when reduced to simplified models can be understood by most persons who seriously want to understand. My target is to help those persons. NOT the so-called truthers who are locked in denial at any cost.

And the simplified models I employ are simplifications of the actual WTC collapse mechanisms. This should assist a person who needs to comprehend where all the bits of fundamentals into the overall complexity of the real WTC Twin Towers collapse events. They also target errors that I see repeated many times in these discussions.

The alternate approach, preferred by most members active in this sequence of Thomas B threads, is to bring in different models, different structures. Which adds another level of "translation" into an already complex situation. If the person you are trying to help cannot visualise a complex situation asking them to visualise an analogous but different bit of complexity is probably only adding to the confusion. (Yes it MAY occasionally help >> you just need to be alert to that in any ongoing live discussion. And that is not possible if we are in the "Dummy's Guide" book scenario. )
Not to mention that steel, and slabs from the core and outside the core was subject to heat and were expanding. The NIST "scenario" seems to largely ignore that the core was losing capacity including the load transfer that Econ shows in his diagram. The core's perimeter shared the floor loads with the facade panel columns... And there was "excess" capacity referred to as "factor of safety....

One thing is pretty sure... as a core column would fail... and NOT immediately cause the tower to collapse (we witnessed this) the redistributed loads were "using up" the reserve capacity and when another column fails the process will repeat in increasing rapidity... and go "runaway".

Mendel

Senior Member.
But why not just fly in planes and leave out the collapse? That would've been much easier and wouldn't leave any evidence that it was a set up. It wouldn't have been a big enough statement/gesture/excuse to go to war?
I'm not going to defend that answer for you, maybe ae911truth explains it better elsewhere on their site. I just found it for you.

Another problem is that the terrorists weren't even from Iraq, the country the US subsequently went to war with.

J.d.K

No.

If you think that "the fuel" that fed the fires that caused the collapses was (only, or mostly) the jet fuel, then no, that is NOT the "official story". What would have made you think it is? Where did you read or hear that?
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FVAzn1Yuz8

Maybe my interpretation of this wrong and I made a mistake, but all I wanted to do was make a clear distinction between the theory of "natural collapse due to consequences of airplane hitting" and "collapse caused by a second party" (bombs or whatever the theories may be).

Last edited:

Oystein

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FVAzn1Yuz8

Maybe my interpretation of this wrong and I made a mistake, but all I wanted to do was make a clear distinction between the theory of "natural collapse due to consequences of airplane hitting" and "collapse caused by a second party" (bombs or whatever the theories may be).
The video oversells what the Purdue project did and didn't show.
They simulated the airplane impact.
They did NOT calculate how the "widespread fires initiated by the jet fuel" would heat up and affect the structure, and bring it to the verge of collapse.

Their model was valuable in determining
a) What internal damage there was due to plane impact (with the mass of jet fuel in the wings being a significant influence)
b) Where the jet fuel would go within the building and thus be likely to initiate fires.

But that's where their story ends. (And it's Purdue's story - not an "official" story)

The fuel that ended up heating the structure and causing its collapse came from combustible building contents (and also a bit from combustible plane contents other than the fuel).
Jet fuel caused some structural heating, of course, but far from enough to bring the structure in trouble. It was mostly consumed in matter of minutes - long before conditions were ripe for collapse.
The main role of jet fuel was that of an accelerant - of getting building content fires started simultaneously on several floors, and widespread throughout floors.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Teertskcab Why Don't Cloud Formations Change Much in DSCOVR animations? Flat Earth 4
FolsomG10 Does Zooming in Change How Much of Something is Hidden by the Horizon [No] Flat Earth 54
B Claim: Flu vaccine from multi-dose vials Use Too Much Mercury Health and Quackery 19
skephu How much do contrails reduce the energy from solar cells? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
R How much blood should there be here? Boston Marathon Bombings 7
NikTesla How Much Water is there in Jet Engine Exhaust? [About 1.3 Gallons per Gallon of Fuel Used] Contrails and Chemtrails 67
Oxymoron How much of the Smoke Around WTC7 actually from WTC7? 9/11 20
Mick West How Much Does Metabunk.org Cost to Run? Site Feedback & News 17
Cairenn How much does a storm weigh? Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West How Much Money Does Alex Jones Make? People Debunked 17
HappyMonday CLAIM: "air at altitude doesn't deviate much statewide at any given time" Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West What would it take, and how much would it cost, to test a "chemtrail" Contrails and Chemtrails 44
Mick West Engine Efficiency, High Bypass, and Contrail Frequency - How much? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
JFDee BBC: "Too much weight to fringe views", says review Practical Debunking 4
A.G. Explained: Covid-19 research with pre-2020 dates in Google search results Coronavirus COVID-19 4
JFDee Research: Consequences of Travel Shutdown for Contrail Coverage Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West Key Temperatures in 9/11 Research 9/11 15
Mick West Paper: How paranoid are conspiracy believers? Practical Debunking 21
Mick West Argentina's Committee for Aerospace Phenomenae Research (CEFAe) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Marin B Claim: Academic research groups increasingly beholden to interests of corporate publishing groups Science and Pseudoscience 19
skephu Interesting articles about contrail research Contrails and Chemtrails 8
keefe ARM Climate Research Facility Contrails and Chemtrails 17
Graham2001 Debunked: FVX Research [Fake Web Site] Conspiracy Theories 1
MikeC Warning over aerosol climate fix from Vienna Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Thor Odinson GMO Independent Research Health and Quackery 7
Quantumbeliever Claim: CDC covers up research linking MMR vaccine to autism Conspiracy Theories 13
KC-10FE Identified: Wing with Three Gold Nozzles [D-ADLR Gulfstream G550 - German Research Plane ] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Jason How Doing Research can Lead Both In and Out of the Rabbit Hole Escaping The Rabbit Hole 55
Leifer New supplement campaign, "Whole Body Research" Health and Quackery 35
Tybalt ‪98.7% Proven Meditation Techniqu‬e - scientific research? Science and Pseudoscience 6
Mick West Why don't Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth Fund Research? 9/11 450
moderateGOP Debunking Global Research TV Conspiracy Theories 64
TomC chemtrails research kickstarter Contrails and Chemtrails 6
MyMatesBrainwashed Research can only prove that something exists Conspiracy Theories 0
Critical Thinker Interesting research on 'thought control'.... how long before CTer's freak out? General Discussion 0
Boston peer reviewed research on aluminum content of rainwater required Contrails and Chemtrails 79
Cairenn Global Research People Debunked 1
F4Jock Why Don't CT Believers Do Their Own Research? General Discussion 22
Mick West Debunked: OverpopulationIsAMyth.com (Overpopulation is a Myth, Population Research Institute) Conspiracy Theories 14
Pete Tar Internet research. How to do it effectively? Practical Debunking 47
Edward Current Does the beginning part of Gimbal debunk the claim that the object rotates? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 13
W What exactly does “Explained:” mean in a thread title? Site Feedback & News 2
S Does this video footage show a dragon (sea serpent) attacking a manatee? [No] Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
Jeff Semenak Does Benford's Law apply to Elections? Election 2020 2
P What does "genuine UFO" mean in the Condon Committee report General Discussion 5
Edward Current Needs Debunking: That the GPS does not implement time corrections from Einstein's relativity Science and Pseudoscience 7
Mick West What does "Off-World" mean to the US Military? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 17
J Why Does the Sun Rise and Set In a Straight Line? Flat Earth 14
Joe Hill WTC7: Does This "Look Like" a Controlled Implosion? 9/11 45
Related Articles

Related Articles