How might some test chemtrails? Spectroscopy?

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
There are quite a few suggestions for that - the main one is to directly sample the trail, which is actually do-able, and perhaps have it analysed at several labs to allay suspicion of tampered results. The other is plane tracking/identification; identify the plane the suspect trail came from with flight tracking software and telephoto lenses, then look into it's maintenance and fuelling schedules to see where it was done, what fuel was put in, go to the airport, watch the people working, etc. Samples of the fuel used could be got.

(it's possible off-topic discussions will be moved to their own thread or an already existing one - there's a thread on most chemtrail related questions here. Mick likes to keep things organised.)

TWCobra

Senior Member.
I wonder why no-one has considered spectroscopy. Surely if we can analyse the light from stars millions of light years away then we can point a spectroscope at a persistent contrail and end this once and for all.

Jazzy

Closed Account
I wonder why no-one has considered spectroscopy. Surely if we can analyse the light from stars millions of light years away then we can point a spectroscope at a persistent contrail and end this once and for all.
But they have, in that laser tools have been/are used both looking upward from the ground, and looking downward from satellite. Not that I suppose the scientists were looking for materials they didn't expect to find.

Ross Marsden

Senior Member.

We get a visible light crystallography often enough when cirrostratus clearly originated from contrails displays impressive halos arcs and sundogs exactly the same as those displayed in completely naturally formed cirrostratus. The two cloudscapes can only be composed of the same substance with the same crystal geometry; water ice. A different substance would have a different display.

This is a fairly stringent test. Very hard to fake.

I am amused by the idea of sending up an aircraft to take in situ samples. Wouldn't that very aircraft produce "chemtrails" as it closed on its target? That would be a bit embarrassing.

There is no need to actually take a sample. Use a "trusted" aircraft. Any aircraft will do. Identify one that is "chemtrailing", and have it inspected when it lands. If there is no spray equipment, it then becomes the "trusted" aircraft, post facto. Conclude that chemtrails don't exist after all. If it does have spray equipment, then we have some work to do.

It's difficult to find a fault with either if these simple tests. Yet they are done every day, in a sense. It's hard to understand why this (chemtrails) has had legs for 15 years.

HappyMonday

We get a visible light crystallography often enough when cirrostratus clearly originated from contrails displays impressive halos arcs and sundogs exactly the same as those displayed in completely naturally formed cirrostratus. The two cloudscapes can only be composed of the same substance with the same crystal geometry; water ice. A different substance would have a different display.

This is a fairly stringent test. Very hard to fake.

I am amused by the idea of sending up an aircraft to take in situ samples. Wouldn't that very aircraft produce "chemtrails" as it closed on its target? That would be a bit embarrassing.

There is no need to actually take a sample. Use a "trusted" aircraft. Any aircraft will do. Identify one that is "chemtrailing", and have it inspected when it lands. If there is no spray equipment, it then becomes the "trusted" aircraft, post facto. Conclude that chemtrails don't exist after all. If it does have spray equipment, then we have some work to do.

It's difficult to find a fault with either if these simple tests. Yet they are done every day, in a sense. It's hard to understand why this (chemtrails) has had legs for 15 years.

It's because many of the believers don't want it to turn out wrong and as such are not open to that possibility, because they love the idea they're fighting the good fight by spreading the nonsense. Without providing the demo for EVERY SINGLE believer on the planet simultaneously and in person, no demonstration will ever be acceptable.

If you flew a moon hoax believer to the moon and showed them the Apollo equipment, upon their return they'd be denounced as a patsy and ignored, and spurious claims about their photos and footage created.

Many of these guys armour each other against the facts...You must have seen it on twitter, those users who intervene in arguments when you debunk a claim, and sort of shephard the individual away from the big bad debunker?

That's the funny thing about the denouncement of language like 'nut-job' (which I agree isn't helpful terminology)...It really is interesting from a psychological perspective, to me at least. Folie a deux.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.

That's great, I didn't know or think of this simple use of logic.

Are there tests and proofs for this? ie, how alduteration of water ice with other substances would effect the ability of light to prism?

SeanDWalker

Are there tests and proofs for this? ie, how alduteration of water ice with other substances would effect the ability of light to prism?

I'm also curious of this,

on one day i suspected chemtrails (criss-crossing spreading contrails, with clouds seemingly developing from them), i also saw a very amazing light show, rainbows all over, upside down, wiggly ones, it was bizarre and though all very black swan, i have only seen this twice, on days where contrails were spreading to form clouds, the second time was far less spectacular, but still what i presume they call sun dogs.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I'm also curious of this,

on one day i suspected chemtrails (criss-crossing spreading contrails, with clouds seemingly developing from them), i also saw a very amazing light show, rainbows all over, upside down, wiggly ones, it was bizarre and though all very black swan, i have only seen this twice, on days where contrails were spreading to form clouds, the second time was far less spectacular, but still what i presume they call sun dogs.

Sun Dogs are just one of several type of solar halos, see:

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/common.htm

There are others as well, check the links on the right at AtOptics, under Ice Halos.

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

The shape of the halos (and their angular positions relative to the sun) proves that it is comprised of crystals with the same heaxgonal structure and refractive index of water ice. That immediately rules out powders like iron oxide or titanium oxide. It also rules out frozen liquids with a different refractive index, or other suggestions like oil.

Jazzy

Closed Account
The shape of the halos (and their angular positions relative to the sun) proves that it is comprised of crystals with the same heaxgonal structure and refractive index of water ice. That immediately rules out powders like iron oxide or titanium oxide. It also rules out frozen liquids with a different refractive index, or other suggestions like oil.
An argument I used with the Bard of Ely. Friday night off for me. Thanks Mick. Right on. There should be more sites with Atoptics's quality. Does this site have a list of quality sites?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
An argument I used with the Bard of Ely. Friday night off for me. Thanks Mick. Right on. There should be more sites with Atoptics's quality. Does this site have a list of quality sites?

I've got somewhat of a list on ContrailScience.com in the "Links" section (Under articles and feedback, above Clouds of the World, in the left sidebar) . Some might be out of date now.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The whole optics argument might make a good CS article. I've not really bothered so far as very few "chemtrails" actually have color in them. But then there are quite a few "chembow" posts.

Last edited:

captfitch

Senior Member.
It might but I would need to see some "rainbows" created by something other than pure water or ice. And you would have a hard time with all the images that were not processed or recorded correctly. Or not modified after the fact. I say you shouldn't bother.

Belfrey

Senior Member.
I would just add that there have been some scientific studies that sampled directly from persistent contrails using aircraft. One example is Petzold et al. (1998), "Elemental composition and morphology of ice-crystal residual particles in cirrus clouds and contrails" in the journal Atmospheric Research. They sampled ice from both natural and contrail cirrus - other than the ice itself, they found particles composed of carbon, oxygen, and sulfur in the contrails as well as small amounts of Cr, Fe, and Ni in proportions consistent with stainless steel (from engine wear).

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mendel 5G might interfere with aircraft altimeters 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 8
Mick West TFTRH #29 - Geoff: Everything is a Hoax, The Earth Might Be Flat Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West Email problems - you might not be getting any Site Feedback & News 7
Efftup I might be wrong on this......... for once. General Discussion 10
Mick West Butterfly UFO - Things it Might Be, Like an EDF Flying Wing UFOs and Aliens 17
J What might these three planes be? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West Debunked: Nasa: Strange Markings Across The Globe 'Might Have Been Made By Aliens' UFOs and Aliens 26
Mick West How to link to (Archive) a web page that might change or vanish How To 16
Soulfly Quebec 'runaway train' might have been tampered with. Conspiracy Theories 2
H Were Fravor and co in the middle of a test of radar spoofing tech? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 20
LorentzHall 1994 Nellis Test Range UFO (Sightings / Hard Copy) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Z.W. Wolf President Trump And First Lady Test Positive For The Coronavirus Coronavirus COVID-19 126
deirdre Info: Face Mask test links Coronavirus COVID-19 2
Mick West How to test if Satellites are real Flat Earth 2
Z.W. Wolf All The Ships At Sea: A Pragmatic Test Of Earth's Shape Flat Earth 10
Rory How to Show the Horizon is Below Eye Level, Using Actual Eyes Flat Earth 59
sirtwentythree San Mateo Bridge to Bay Bridge 17 mile curvature test Flat Earth 36
Mick West Rocket Contrail, South of Monterey, California [ Trident II Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Willie Explained: NBC Local News Accidentally Posts US Election"Results A Week Early [Test Data for Layout] General Discussion 11
Mick West F-WWQF high altitude test flights Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Debunked: A Snow Test for Signs of Geoengineering, Portland Oregon Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Trailspotter Omega loop contrail over Toronto: Veni Vidi Volavi?.. [Likely Bombardier Test Flight from Montreal] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
Norsely Hey, Howdy General Discussion 9
Gundersen Debunked: Australian Rainwater "Chemtrail" test Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West Flight BOE1 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West "Strange Lights" over Hawaii [Aegis Ashore SM-3 Missile Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Leifer The Ignorance Test (Gapminder) General Discussion 52
JRBids Military test releases fiberglas cloud Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Mick West Lie Detector Test General Discussion 30
FreiZeitGeist Russian ICBM-Test photographed from the ISS Science and Pseudoscience 4
MikeC Bombardier C-series flight test video shows ballast tanks Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Leifer Home test kits...quackery Health and Quackery 6
Mick West What would it take, and how much would it cost, to test a "chemtrail" Contrails and Chemtrails 44
Mick West Debunked: "Rainwater Samples From Alachua County Florida Test Positive for Aluminum" Contrails and Chemtrails 51
Leifer My old videos.... re: chemtrails..... Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West TFTRH #11: Jim Lee – Chemtrails, Geoengineering, Conspiracies, and Semantics Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ben Geddy Happy to have found this site and Mick thru JRE! Practical Debunking 4
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
FlightMuj Claims of Predictions of Chemtrails in Old Texts Contrails and Chemtrails 3
M Bornong Can Belief in Chemtrails and/or other Conspiracy Theories Lead to Violence? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
skephu Solar geoengineering and the chemtrails conspiracy on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Chemtrails and the Anti-Vaccine Movement Contrails and Chemtrails 34
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Banff Chemtrails Billboard Worries David Keith Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Quantifying Expert Consensus Against Covert Geoengineering / Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 116
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
mrfintoil Debunked: CIA Director admits chemtrails, geoengineering, stratospheric aerosol injection Contrails and Chemtrails 24
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Related Articles

Related Articles