People keep sending me UFO videos, including old ones from years ago that were also figured out years ago. It struck me it might be useful to have a list of way in which UFO photos and videos can be staged without CGI.
A rough broad overview:
- Tossed in the air - Something thrown, like a hubcap, and photos taken until you get a good one. Photos only.
- Thing on a string - something suspended on string, like fishing line, that's too fine to see.
- Thing on glass - similar, but an object on a sheet of glass or perspex (maybe even a fine mesh?) allowing more detailed photos or videos. Upswinging attic window
- Reflections - Shot through glass, maybe close to the camera, maybe a window - showing a reflection of a light source.
- Balloon - Anything lighter than air, maybe on a string.
- Drone - can carry a light or an exterior shell that looks like anything - but 21st century only.
- Projection - Laser or light beam shining on a cloud or other thing in the sky - often accidental.