How do I link to a PDF found on a search engine ?

Leifer

Senior Member.
Simple question I suppose.
Example....
I search Google (on Firefox, Win7), and I see results listed as a PDF.
It seems cumbersome and not-the-correct-method to right-click on the result, "copy link location", and post that link.
The link then, begins with www.google......etc....

How do I link directly to the PDF source ?
......or should I copy /save the PDF, then add it as a file, to the thread ?

deirdre

Senior Member.
Simple question I suppose.
Example....
I search Google (on Firefox, Win7), and I see results listed as a PDF.
It seems cumbersome and not-the-correct-method to right-click on the result, "copy link location", and post that link.
The link then, begins with www.google......etc....

How do I link directly to the PDF source ?
......or should I copy /save the PDF, then add it as a file, to the thread ?
some PDFs do have independent links when you open them. If not I think you would have to download the PDF. But personally I would like the google link if that is all that is available.

Hevach

Senior Member.
If you have the Adobe PDF plugin installed in your browser (I know I routinely disable it), the actual URL of the file will be in the address bar when you link to it.

Other than that, in google, you'll notice every link has the actual URL in green text. For example, here's something that turned up high on the first page of a search for "PDF":

You can copy that second line.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
After it has downloaded, click the download progress arrow, right click on the file, then "Copy Download Link"

20140820-071300-t4da8.jpg

Also under Tools/Download
upload_2014-8-20_7-15-18.png

Similarly in Chrome, under Window/Downloads
upload_2014-8-20_7-16-58.png

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Rory Debunked: Study shows link between menstrual cycle and the moon Health and Quackery 30
Mick West Metabunk's Link Policy Site Feedback & News 13
deirdre Debunked: Look-up.org.uk's Chemtrail "Missing Link" [hybrid contrails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
nanotchi Debunked: Iran claims Snowden Documents Proving “US-Alien-Hitler” Link Stun Russia [Sorcha Faal] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
Mick West How to link to (Archive) a web page that might change or vanish How To 16
HappyMonday Chemtrails / Orgone Sponsored link on Facebook Contrails and Chemtrails 0
HappyMonday Chemtrails and Wireless Tech Link Contrails and Chemtrails 17
HappyMonday The geoengineering 'link' Contrails and Chemtrails 8
DasKleineTeilchen 2,400 "new" unseen 9/11 photos found at estate sale, june 2019 9/11 12
Ben Geddy Happy to have found this site and Mick thru JRE! Practical Debunking 4
Whitebeard Debunked: Nibiru FOUND? Mysterious gigantic rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system Science and Pseudoscience 1
Mick West Explained: "Lizard Found on Mars Rover" [Dust Removal Tool] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Rory Debunked: "Buddha said, 'Enlightenment is found in the Yoni'" Quotes Debunked 20
derwoodii Possible MH370 Debris found on Reunion Island Flight MH370 86
Leifer 2 more [some holistic] MD’s found dead, total 8 Health and Quackery 19
Rroval Cow Aduction video I found UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 26
JesseCuster Debunked: Humanoid skull found on Mars. [Rock] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 25
Bruce Lansberg Main prosecuter Westerbeke says metal particles have been found in the victims bodies and luggage Flight MH17 10
Mike Fl Debunked: The Claim That the Envelope Was Found in the Lanza Home Sandy Hook 10
Rroval Zim Shipping Company "Did you know" photo I found from FB 9/11 3
Rroval A UFO/Alien video I found from FB UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
derwoodii Debunked: Exploration company "Georesonance" believes it may have found MH370 Flight MH370 572
Critical Thinker Natural News: Some of the misinformation found there People Debunked 5
Mick West MH370: Five Indian Ocean Runways found in Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s flight simulator Flight MH370 12
Critical Thinker Report: New ozone-destroying chemicals found in atmosphere General Discussion 5
Tony Szamboti Why hasn't the U.S. mainstream media reported on the claim that nanothermite was found in WTC dust? 9/11 59
Mick West Kevin Trudeau - Diet Conspiracy Theorist - Found Guilty of Criminal Contempt Health and Quackery 138
Mick West Debunked: Michael Hastings Crash Engine Found North of Crash going South? Conspiracy Theories 43
Mick West Conspiracy or Accident? Piece of 9/11 Airliner found by planned Islamic Center in NY 9/11 60
Mick West BBC Report: Body of student falsely accused of Boston attacks possibly found Boston Marathon Bombings 7
HappyMonday Calling all chemtrail believers, it's okay, the solution has been found... Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Thomas Hughson Hidden Viral gene found in GMO Crops? Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Explained: Why Some Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shooting Google Search Results Predate the Event Conspiracy Theories 1
Brett t. Christensen “No find no fee” search to begin Flight MH370 4
vooke Towed #MH370 Search Sonar Vehicle lost Flight MH370 5
Leifer Mike Adams' "good gopher" search engine General Discussion 19
Trailspotter Strange cloud formation in South Indian Ocean Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
Critical Thinker How to search for an image on Metabunk (and other websites) How To 9
zebra100 JAAC- New MH370 Underwater Search Area Definition Flight MH370 60
Josh Heuer Flight mh370 independent group's new search location Flight MH370 8
Mick West Change to default quick search, now searches entire site by default Site Feedback & News 1
Balance Search Box Site Feedback & News 12
David Fraser Explained: Search plane in MH370 filmed spraying over Indian Ocean [Fuel dump] Contrails and Chemtrails 18
AluminumTheory CNN: Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane expands to Indian Ocean Flight MH370 1
betamonk Sandy Hook: Search Warrants Sandy Hook 36
TWCobra Chemtrail search statistics-Google Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles