High altitude holding patterns and racetrack contrails

awake101

I find it very strange that every day traffic flies in the pattern as we can see from satellite images. They are short little strips side by side, not the pattern I expect from a regular air flight.

Here is a picture from a trail in the sky above my hometown. What would the pilot here be doing? The nearest airport is 100km away and it doesn't even look like holding.

photo.jpg

What is your response on the fact that there has been various examples (with prove) that governments have experimented with chemicals on people and the fact that governments are involved in geo-engineering? Of course contrails exist but do you really trust the government that much too say that they would never spray chemicals in the air that could potentially or definitely harm us? http://urlbam.com/ha/M004U

I guess I know the answer to this and I also assume you and your friends don't believe in the 3 laws of thermodynamics as you think that the NIST is a pretty good analysis of what happened on 9/11. Really?? Are you that much brainwashed? I guess you have to be. Anyone is completely discrediting him or herself no matter how plausible your arguments are, when you believe that a building can collapse into its own footprint at free fall speed due to fire. You may be more intelligent than I am but apparently that doesn't exclude you from being ignorant. I am sure you are happy to hear that I will no longer post any more comments.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Awake101, you asked a bunch of questions, and they were answered honestly. I even get satellite photos of contrails over China, as you asked. So I'm not sure what you are upset about.

Contrails form in "short little strips side by side" because they are passing through a region of air that supports contrail formation. This region is moving with the wind, so the "strips" (which in the photo above are 100 miles long) end up parallel to each other.

The photo shows a U-shaped (or possibly oval) contrail. There are a variety of possible reasons why someone might fly along that path.

If you think there's any factual errors here, then feel free to let me know.

firepilot

Senior Member.
Here is a picture from a trail in the sky above my hometown. What would the pilot here be doing? The nearest airport is 100km away and it doesn't even look like holding.
Who knows, its not illegal for planes to turn around. Do you get alarmed when cars turn around too?

Just because a plane turned, is not evidence of some spraying conspiracy. Thats evidence that a plane changed direction, thats it. Anything beyond that, and you are just coming up with it via your imagination, not evidence.

MikeC

Closed Account
100km is not too far to be holding - I work with pilots who have flown over the Pacific and they tell me they occasionally used to hold literally over the middle of the ocean if they got too close to a flight in front - it is routine, but something not appreciated by the general public.

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
I was in a holding pattern offshore from Miami this summer for 2 hours, as the airport was closed due to afternoon storms.
We ran low on fuel and ended up having to land in the Bahamas because all other Florida airports were jammed as a consequence. Of course, missed our connecting flights and had to overnight(non-compensated since the delay was "weather"). Actually, on the ground at MIA, there were dozens of flights jamming the tarmac and the gates were all full as well, so we spent almost 2 hours waiting for that. There were probably holding patterns all over the souitheastern US that afternoon. The little holding pattern you see overhead might indeed be the result of something hundreds of miles away.

The chemtrail believers really need to learn about aviation, and the fact that their leadership doesn't know or won't educate the followers tells you a lot. Very few people who actually learn about aviation will ever hold on to the chemtrail belief.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It happens all the time. I was in a flight from LA to New York, and we got put into a hold somewhere in the middle of the country, apparently because the ATC center had too many planes in the air, or something. Flew in circles for a while, and then landed in some smallish airport to refuel and continue. That was about 1000 miles from our destination.

firepilot

Senior Member.
I was in a holding pattern offshore from Miami this summer for 2 hours, as the airport was closed due to afternoon storms.
We ran low on fuel and ended up having to land in the Bahamas because all other Florida airports were jammed as a consequence. Of course, missed our connecting flights and had to overnight(non-compensated since the delay was "weather"). Actually, on the ground at MIA, there were dozens of flights jamming the tarmac and the gates were all full as well, so we spent almost 2 hours waiting for that. There were probably holding patterns all over the souitheastern US that afternoon. The little holding pattern you see overhead might indeed be the result of something hundreds of miles away.

The chemtrail believers really need to learn about aviation, and the fact that their leadership doesn't know or won't educate the followers tells you a lot. Very few people who actually learn about aviation will ever hold on to the chemtrail belief.
I know of several ex chemmies, who learned a bit about aviation and then left the chemtrails myth behind. I do not know of a single chemtrail believer who is actually knowledgable about aviation. And when you try and present facts, they just end up either ignoring or name calling

However I do notice many chemmies who do their best to avoid learning anything about aviation. They can not let facts get in the way of their pseudo religious chemtrail belief.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
omaehamoushindeiru De-fisheye techniques for high altitude photography of earth show earth still curved Flat Earth 11
Mick West F-WWQF high altitude test flights Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West How Do You Take Good Photos of High Altitude Planes and Contrails? Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
Henk001 High altitude clouds don't have a cooling effect Contrails and Chemtrails 2
PCWilliams High Altitude Airways (Get 'em now!) Contrails and Chemtrails 3
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Miss VocalCord São Paulo High Rise Fire and Collapse - Wilton Paes de Almeida Building Current Events 87
Mick West Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting Current Events 11
drhex Explained: Apollo 17 Photo of Earth from Moon Seems too High Conspiracy Theories 16
Steve Funk Claim: Extremely high radiation levels in the US. General Discussion 7
Leifer Bumblebee Pupae Contain High Levels of Aluminium General Discussion 15
Whitebeard Dubai High Rise Fire - Not like 9/11 9/11 9
Mick West Debunked: High Bypass Turbofans do not make Contrails [actually they make more] Contrails and Chemtrails 150
Balance Debunked: High Radiation Readings in Japanese Green Tea, linked to Fukushima? Conspiracy Theories 24
TWCobra Debunked: High Bypass TurboFans not making contrails, and other misconceptions Contrails and Chemtrails 5
tryblinking High pressure = no 'chemtrails' Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Cairenn Celestial Seasoning Teas have a high amount of pesticide General Discussion 5
Mat Is there any high quality evidence of chemtrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 31
Des O High School Kids launch Weather Balloon Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Mick West Debunked: Mile High Halo over Bronco's Stadium, Tim Tebow UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Mick West Engine Efficiency, High Bypass, and Contrail Frequency - How much? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
MikeC High barium levels in blood? ( Mohave, AZ?) Contrails and Chemtrails 79
Mick West Explained: Manurewa NZ, 'Extra-terrestrial' Fireball Jumps Up [Contrail, Altitude change] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Trailblazer Persistent contrails at 26,000ft Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
TWCobra Flat earth Debunk-change in apparent altitude of clouds as seen from airliner Flat Earth 2
Trailblazer Altitude and contrail persistence Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Mick West Which Plane is Higher? Optical Illusions in Assessing Relative Altitude Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 23
Mick West Converting mb (pressure) to altitude, and sites where this is useful Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Marine0811 Do contrails form around low level clouds? [Generally not] Contrails and Chemtrails 124
Mick West Two planes at the "Same" Altitude, only one leaves a trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
Vindog Debunk this [Planes at different altitude and different contrails over France] Contrails and Chemtrails 43
M Need help debunking this [Low Altitude Survey Flight] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
HappyMonday CLAIM: "air at altitude doesn't deviate much statewide at any given time" Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Trailspotter Racetrack contrails near Genoa, Italy on December 26 [Air France and EasyJet flights on hold, Fog] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West Solved: U-Shaped Contrail near San Francisco [NASA502 Survey, again] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Holding Pattern Contrail near Nowra, Australia. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Related Articles

Related Articles