Geoengineering illustration [From New Scientist, 2009]

Steve Funk

Senior Member.
Has anyone seen the original source of this illustration. I can't bring up anything that isn't a chemtrailer source, but it looks like it came from a serious paper somewhere. I'm in a facebook conversation with a local about this. One thing I notice is that it only gives aerosols one dot for readiness. This probably reflects the unsolved technological problems, including clumping of metallic particles due to electrostatic attraction, and lack of a plane that can reach 60,000 feet with a heavy payload. 10704064_10152432804150869_5679366215035735078_n.jpg

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It's from an article in New Scientist, a UK popular science magazine.
http://www.newscientist.com/article...the-only-climate-solution-left.html?full=true

The text can be found here:
http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/forum/msg118923.html&sid=#118923

The low readiness seems to largely be related to the lack of understanding of what it will do.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, with the key on @Mick West 's image, that is the highest level of readiness. Years vs. centuries or decades.

Ah right, the lack of understanding is in the "Flaw" section.

Remember though this is just a popular science magazine. I used to read it as a teenager. It's not an actual science journal.

Gundersen

Senior Member.
Just curious, is this illustration used as some kind of evidence for chemtrails / geoengineering? (I'm on my phone, so can't do the image search myself)

Sometimes I feel that both denial and acknowledgement (like this) are interpreted as proof of a conspiracy.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious, is this illustration used as some kind of evidence for chemtrails / geoengineering? (I'm on my phone, so can't do the image search myself)

Sometimes I feel that both denial and acknowledgement (like this) are interpreted as proof of a conspiracy.

Yes, pretty much any discussion of doing geoengineering in the future is taken as evidence that it has been done for decades.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Yes, pretty much any discussion of doing geoengineering in the future is taken as evidence that it has been done for decades.
Yes, scientists discussing geongineering is taken as proof, because it's scientists talking about it. But the part where scientists are talking about it being only a future possibility is ignored, because all scientists are paid to lie!

Gundersen

Senior Member.
Yes, scientists discussing geongineering is taken as proof, because it's scientists talking about it. But the part where scientists are talking about it being only a future possibility is ignored, because all scientists are paid to lie!
Exactly my feeling! What ever is useable is trustworthy, what contradicts the belief is part of a cover-up. So everything can be used as evidence.

Like contrails in old photos/movies. A lack of them is evidence of the phenomenon being a new thing, but if they are present they are added to alter our perception of what a sky should look like. This illustration gives me the same feeling. It does neither prove nor disprove aerosols being used, but it can still be presented as a "sign", apparently.

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
So are the giant space mirrors also a reality then? I will be pissed if the government has hid something as amazing as that from me!

Yeah there's been a few times when this has been brought up as proof that aerosol spraying is actually happening and I've countered with some comment about the giant space mirrors looking beautiful when they catch the setting sun. :rolleyes:

SR1419

Senior Member.

...and thats a shame.

Here is the MSM (NYT) with an article in today's paper on SRM et al...which is explicit that its a potential future solution and not something currently underway- it will probably fall on deaf ears:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/10/s...0141110&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=25300769&_r=0

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Agent K Earthquake at China Lake Current Events 1
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West TFTRH #11: Jim Lee – Chemtrails, Geoengineering, Conspiracies, and Semantics Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
MikeG Geoengineering in Southeastern Pennsylvania Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Geoengineering Watch and the Wagon Wheel Effect Contrails and Chemtrails 20
skephu Solar geoengineering and the chemtrails conspiracy on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Magic77 What is this Dark Mysterious Line in the Sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Mick West Banff Chemtrails Billboard Worries David Keith Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Quantifying Expert Consensus Against Covert Geoengineering / Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 116
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
mrfintoil Debunked: CIA Director admits chemtrails, geoengineering, stratospheric aerosol injection Contrails and Chemtrails 24
MikeG Debunked: Geoengineering Killing Great Barrier Reef Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Van Wigington Debate Mentioned in this radio segment, Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, January 30, 2016 Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Mick West Debunked: A Snow Test for Signs of Geoengineering, Portland Oregon Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Accidental Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 7
cmnit Patrick Roddie and the Saudi princess Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Ray Von Geezer Ian Simpson / Look-up.org.uk debunks chemtrails & geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 13
Dan Page Scott Stevens Unique Geoengineering Ideas Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Common Core and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 2
skephu Debunked: Geoengineering And The Ozone Layer Recovery Lie Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Trailblazer Debunked: "Top climate scientist Tim Lenton admits to ongoing geoengineering" Contrails and Chemtrails 23
Jay Reynolds Claim: Did Geoengineering Just Kill Almost 200,000 Alpacas In Peru? Contrails and Chemtrails 1
CeruleanBlu CBS San Fransico local news story about Marine Cloud Brightening Project. Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Debunked: Strontium as Footprint of Geoengineering Proposals or Patents [There is none] Contrails and Chemtrails 24
Mick West Debunked: J. Marvin Herndon's "Geoengineering" Articles in Current Science (India) and IJERPH Contrails and Chemtrails 355
3 Debunked: Fort Lauderdale Passes Resolution Banning Aerial Aerosol Dispersement General Discussion 6
3 Rhode Island Bill H5480 - Relating to the Health and Safety of Geoengineering General Discussion 51
deirdre Madison Moonstar's Fake clouds Contrails and Chemtrails 2
MikeC Warning over aerosol climate fix from Vienna Contrails and Chemtrails 0
derrick06 Debunked: HAARP ELF waves causing a earthquake Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Tunnelvisionary Geoengineering would be 'irrational and irresponsible' - Article on New Scientist Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Comments not showing up on Geoengineering Watch's UVB Radiation Video? Contrails and Chemtrails 30
H Bill Gates is helping fund geoengineering (chemtrails) ... so why are you denying it? Contrails and Chemtrails 77
Gabriel Incertis Claim: MOREGELLON'S Is Patent US 6245531 And It Is Not A Disease Health and Quackery 6
H2meloen Clouds formed when they should not? Contrails and Chemtrails 52
Mick West Debunked: The Science Claims of Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Debunked: Geoengineering Watch's confirmation of "Record Shattering UV Levels" Contrails and Chemtrails 73
mrfintoil Debunked: SKYSCRATCH - The Geoengineering/Chemtrail Cover Up Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Mick West Debunked: Aerosol Geoengineering Film Footage Reality [Fuel Dumps] Contrails and Chemtrails 54
Jason Geoengineering with Rockets? Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Mick West Debunked: Ice Boulders on Great Lakes Caused by Geoengineering [Natural but Rare Ball Ice] General Discussion 11
Mick West Climates of suspicion: 'chemtrail' conspiracy narratives & the int'l politics of geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 182
Mick West Debunked: Patents. As Evidence of Chemtrails, Geoengineering, Existence, Operability, or Intent Contrails and Chemtrails 62
A.G. "EPA Rep Has Loose Lips About Geoengineering" Contrails and Chemtrails 60
Mick West Debunked: Rosalind Peterson "Leaker" Addressing UN about Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 85
Mick West Debunked: Obama Geoengineering April Fools Joke on Huffington Post Contrails and Chemtrails 2
FuzzyUK "Geoengineering And The Collapse Of Earth 2014", a Dane Wigington presentation Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Strawman David Keith on Colbert discussing Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 30
solrey Debunked: Weatherwar101-Geoengineering ice storm Cleon HAARP 10
scombrid NPR Story on Geoengineering: Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Related Articles

Related Articles