Futurism and Chemtrails

MikeG

Senior Member.
Dane Wigington recently posted another one of his revelations about the past history of geoengineering.

Climate Engineering And Polar Meltdown, How Long Has It Been Going On?

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...polar-meltdown-how-long-has-it-been-going-on/

His evidence in this case focuses on a 1958 article featured in Popular Science entitled "Weather as a Weapon".

Many threads have addressed Wigington’s penchant for interpreting old theories, studies, speculation, or U.S. patents as iron-clad evidence of ongoing geoengineering efforts by the “global power structure.” The Popular Science article falls into the same category and is a fairly easy assertion to debunk.

I wanted to dwell on this part of history to add a little more context to the discussion.

People were fascinated by the possibilities offered by technology after World War II. Paul Boyer wrote a great book, By the Bombs Early Light: American Thought and Culture at the Dawn of the Atomic Age (Pantheon Books, 1985) that discusses this particular topic.

In the forties, we were captivated by the possibilities of atomic power. Theorists speculated that pea-size power plants could run cars and planes for years.

Atomic powered car and plane.png

In the fifties, the helicopter was the new wonder weapon.

xlg_helicopter_cavalry_1.jpg
Frank Tinsley, “Let’s Use Helicopter Cavalry,” Mechanix Illustrated (April 1956): 72-77.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/lets-use-helicopter-cavalry/

Robert B. Rigg wrote War—1974 in 1958 and offered a host of new innovations to combat, from flying tanks to resupply missiles.

Flying Tanks.jpg

Fuel Missiles.jpg

Some future predictions applied to the weather. H.T. Orvilled penned “Weather Made to Order?” for Collier’s Weekly in May 1954. The cover has appeared on Metabunk and other CT websites.

1954 May 28 Colliers Cover paleofuture.jpg

I supposed that my point is fairly simple. At a time when the polio vaccine was conquering a chronic disease and the Mercury Program was just getting started, there was a much greater sense of optimism about how science and technology would affect the future than there is today.

It is sad to see this history shoe-horned into a chemtrail agenda the way it appears on geoengineeringwatch.org

Attachments

• Atomic powered car and plane.png
    Atomic powered car and plane.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 143

deirdre

Senior Member.
I think you might be better off debunking/explaining some of Geoengineering Watch's specific claims in the article you link. To more specifically debunk/explain the truth behind the articles intentional fear mongering.

Quick examples, Dane says
But his link is to Skepticalscience.
upload_2015-12-27_2-16-45.png

If Dane actually read the article he would see the answer he cites has absolutely nothing to do with intentional geoengineering

bold mine

or here where Dane misleadingly claims (bold mine):

Total deception to hide this fact? The Popular Science article 1958 Dane cites seems to debunk that, no? Scientists have been talking about (and publishing about) Climate Change and what to do about it since early 20th century. "First calculations of human-induced climate change, 1896"

Was not Popular Science an extremely popular, mainstream newssource esp. back in 1958? How is that "hiding" anything?

MikeG

Senior Member.
I think you might be better off debunking/explaining some of Geoengineering Watch's specific claims in the article you link. To more specifically debunk/explain the truth behind the articles intentional fear mongering.

Quick examples, Dane says
But his link is to Skepticalscience.
View attachment 16842

If Dane actually read the article he would see the answer he cites has absolutely nothing to do with intentional geoengineering

bold mine

or here where Dane misleadingly claims (bold mine):

Total deception to hide this fact? The Popular Science article 1958 Dane cites seems to debunk that, no? Scientists have been talking about (and publishing about) Climate Change and what to do about it since early 20th century. "First calculations of human-induced climate change, 1896"

Was not Popular Science an extremely popular, mainstream newssource esp. back in 1958? How is that "hiding" anything?

Fair enough. I'll make another pass through the Wigington article.

MikeG

Senior Member.
I took Deidre’s advice and went back through the geoengineeringwatch.org article cited in the original post. I did not cover all the mistakes and omissions, but here are a few representative samples.

Wigington is selective with his use of excerpts from the article.

However, he fails to cite the preceding paragraph, which notes testimony from Edward Teller before the Senate Military Preparedness Committee (my emphasis):

In other words, no one had any idea when or if such programs were possible.

Wigington follows with this:

It is interesting that the article also lists a number of other types of options beyond sodium vapor.

Aerial spraying is only one of a host of options being discussed in the fifties. They ranged from controlled thermonuclear reactions to “spreading heat-absorptive substances on the polar ice caps.” (page 56 of the Popular Science article). Dane is cherry picking the one option that fits his website.

Following the Popular Science article, Wigington offers additional evidence of the polar meltdown.

USS Skate.png

This is recollection is attributed to a crewman aboard the USS Skate in 1959

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/26/ice-at-the-north-pole-in-1958-not-so-thick/

Here is a reference for the term polynyas, a naturally occurring phenomena.

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/seaice/characteristics/polynyas.html

Finally, Wigington creates a correlation with a document he posted earlier this year.

This report was covered in another thread

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-m...lobal-weather-modification.t6916/#post-167402

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but Dane Wigington cannot seem to make the distinction between climate and weather. Cloud seeding to increase rainfall or provide hail abatement is not the same as geoengineering.

In fact, cloud seeding is mentioned on page 56 of the Popular Science article.

Deidre covered a good number of other faults in the geoengineeringwatch.org piece and I thank her for the nudge to add more. ;)

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West TFTRH #11: Jim Lee – Chemtrails, Geoengineering, Conspiracies, and Semantics Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ben Geddy Happy to have found this site and Mick thru JRE! Practical Debunking 4
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
FlightMuj Claims of Predictions of Chemtrails in Old Texts Contrails and Chemtrails 3
M Bornong Can Belief in Chemtrails and/or other Conspiracy Theories Lead to Violence? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
skephu Solar geoengineering and the chemtrails conspiracy on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Chemtrails and the Anti-Vaccine Movement Contrails and Chemtrails 34
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Banff Chemtrails Billboard Worries David Keith Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Quantifying Expert Consensus Against Covert Geoengineering / Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 116
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
mrfintoil Debunked: CIA Director admits chemtrails, geoengineering, stratospheric aerosol injection Contrails and Chemtrails 24
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Trailblazer Russ Tanner accidentally debunks chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Demythologizing Prince's reference to "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 5
ParanoidSkeptic Chemtrails: Experiments on the Public Contrails and Chemtrails 5
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
F Explained: Video of plane leaving "6 chemtrails, then 2" [Mixed Exhaust and Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Debunked: Article: "Court Takes Child From Mother After She Mentions Chemtrails At School" Contrails and Chemtrails 92
skephu Chuck Norris on chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Vice: 'It Was Like a Cult': Leaving the World of Online Conspiracy Theories Escaping The Rabbit Hole 4
skephu Paul Beckwith (climate scientist) on chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 19
JFDee Debunked: Lichens and Moss on Trees Caused by Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Sausalito Spectral analysis of alleged "chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Jay Reynolds Safya Yassin, Missouri ISIS supporter and chemtrails believer arrested for threats Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
MikeG Climate Change War Games Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
Dan Page idea: a "Debunked" Stamp Practical Debunking 9
Z 3 military helicopters Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Mick West Debunked: AnonSec's NASA Hack, Global Hawk Hijack, Evidence of Chemtrails [Public Domain Data] General Discussion 32
MikeG Giant Snowflakes [Rimed Dendrites] Contrails and Chemtrails 24
Balance Blatant photoshop deceit of BP refueling tank Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Dan Page Claim: Mobile app uses atmospheric data to prove chemtrails vs contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 12
MikeG Accidental Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Debunked: HAARP Caught in Action Contrails and Chemtrails 28
Ray Von Geezer Ian Simpson / Look-up.org.uk debunks chemtrails & geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 13
skephu Parallel lines of clouds (Virginia Beach) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ray Von Geezer George Monbiot in the Guardian on "Chemtrails" & Look-up.org.uk Contrails and Chemtrails 26
Dan Page Is Belief in "Chemtrails" Growing? Contrails and Chemtrails 63
P Hi all, I'm new to this forum, so still trying to find my way around. I wanted to comment regarding Contrails and Chemtrails 2
MikeG Common Core and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Trailblazer Debunked: "Top climate scientist Tim Lenton admits to ongoing geoengineering" Contrails and Chemtrails 23
Mick West Mick West on the Pat Walsh Show, KFBK Sacrament, Talking About Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
TEEJ "Airline Pilot" at Climate Engineering Awareness Day - Carlow, Eire, 22nd August 2015 Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Mick West Debunked: Rise In Respiratory Mortality from 4th to 3rd Cause of Death. "Chemtrail Flu" General Discussion 13
Mick West How Rogue Scientist J. Marvin Herndon Disproved the Last Resort of the Chemtrail Theory Contrails and Chemtrails 31
Mick West Fear From Above: Chemtrails vs. Conspiracy Theory in the Bay Area Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Related Articles

Related Articles