Footage of Japanese "haunted hospital"

ParanoidSkeptic2

I was debating whether or not to make this post, but after looking at how many people believe the authenticity of this video I think it's worth pointing out.

This video has circulated around the web since 2009 and usually it goes by the title of Japanese ghost: haunted hospital (full footage) and even till this day people question whether it's real or not.

It's fake.

Before talking about empirical proof, I'll just mention some pointers why this is fake from a logical standpoint.
  • At the beginning of the video there's a warning about how this clip drove people to suicide and madness after watching it. As soon as you see something like that, you already should conclude that the footage is not real.
  • The name of the hospital is never told, it's just referred to as a "haunted hospital."
  • The name of the reporter, cameramen and interviewees is never mentioned, they're just referred to by their role.
  • The second interviewee, despite not having their face concealed like the first interviewee, is referred to as 'Mr. B' which makes no sense why they would conceal his identity whilst displaying his face.
  • Most glaringly, if something like this did happen, it would be all over the news- not just in Japan, but internationally.
Now, the clip is from a found-footage anthology horror film known as Ura horâ. The film is from 2008 (a year before this video started circulating).

When you type in Ura Horror hospital into google it's the first clip you get.

1615647076525.png

I thought it was worth having a debunk of this because surprisingly there's very little info on the web about it, I had to jump through hoops just to find the origin of the clip haha.

um... just because you google something and find someone else mislabeling something does not equal debunk.

looked about half an hour (can't find the movie yet online to watch), and i see some segments from the Ura Hora anthology but none that match that footage that we see.

This site says there are 13 segments in the Ura Hora movie anthology and gives a photo of each one. None seem to match the OP footage.
https://echecetcinemat.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/ura-horror-shiraishi-koji-2008/

not sure why so hard to find this actual movie (to watch or buy) as he has many other silly little ghost movies on Amazon. i'll keep looking.

um... just because you google something and find someone else mislabeling something does not equal debunk.

looked about half an hour (can't find the movie yet online to watch), and i see some segments from the Ura Hora anthology but none that match that footage that we see.

This site says there are 13 segments in the Ura Hora movie anthology and gives a photo of each one. None seem to match the OP footage.
https://echecetcinemat.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/ura-horror-shiraishi-koji-2008/

not sure why so hard to find this actual movie (to watch or buy) as he has many other silly little ghost movies on Amazon. i'll keep looking.
That’s my bad... Really sorry, just got overzealous about it by the looks of it.

I’ve researched this quite a bit and a lot of people are saying it’s from Ura Horror for some reason, seems to be a common misconception.

I’ll keep looking for the source of the footage and I’ll post anything I find. Thanks for pointing this out! :)

people are saying it’s from Ura Horror for some reason, seems to be a common misconception
that happens with ghost legends all the time. like i heard the legend of the Winchester House (that a psychic told her to build to keep the ghosts away.. which yes makes little sense) is made up. But that story is so engrained in the legend now...

that happens with ghost legends all the time. like i heard the legend of the Winchester House (that a psychic told her to build to keep the ghosts away.. which yes makes little sense) is made up. But that story is so engrained in the legend now...
True, I guess when it comes to things like that embellishments and misconceptions are easier to sneak into the lore of the matter given the nature of the topic.

I was debating whether or not to make this post, but after looking at how many people believe the authenticity of this video I think it's worth pointing out.

This video has circulated around the web since 2009 and usually it goes by the title of Japanese ghost: haunted hospital (full footage) and even till this day people question whether it's real or not.

It's fake.

Before talking about empirical proof, I'll just mention some pointers why this is fake from a logical standpoint.
  • At the beginning of the video there's a warning about how this clip drove people to suicide and madness after watching it. As soon as you see something like that, you already should conclude that the footage is not real.
  • The name of the hospital is never told, it's just referred to as a "haunted hospital."
  • The name of the reporter, cameramen and interviewees is never mentioned, they're just referred to by their role.
  • The second interviewee, despite not having their face concealed like the first interviewee, is referred to as 'Mr. B' which makes no sense why they would conceal his identity whilst displaying his face.
  • Most glaringly, if something like this did happen, it would be all over the news- not just in Japan, but internationally.
Now, the clip is from a found-footage anthology horror film known as Ura horâ. The film is from 2008 (a year before this video started circulating).

When you type in Ura Horror hospital into google it's the first clip you get.

1615647076525.png

I thought it was worth having a debunk of this because surprisingly there's very little info on the web about it, I had to jump through hoops just to find the origin of the clip haha.

this video it's not available for me, why?

Back