Flir1, Go Fast, Gimbal - Navy Releases New Information: Official Dates

Getoffthisplanet

"The Navy did not offer the exact designation numbers for the videos, but did reveal the dates for all three incidents. “[The] dates are 14 November 2004 for ‘FLIR1’ and 21 January 2015 for both ‘Gimbal’ and ‘GoFast.
Content from External Source
Source: https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...ially-acknowledged-encounters-with-phenomena/

This is clearly becoming more convoluted by the day.

Yesterday we got a new "descriptor" of the 3 videos:

Mr. Gradisher added, “The ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena’ terminology is used because it provides the basic descriptor for the sightings/observations of unauthorized/unidentified aircraft/objects that have been observed entering/operating in the airspace of various military-controlled training ranges.”
Source: https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...ial-phenomena-not-cleared-for-public-release/

Today we get:

When asked what the three videos represented, Gradisher stated to The Black Vault, “The Navy has not publicly released characterizations or descriptions, nor released any hypothesis or conclusions, in regard to the objects contained in the referenced videos.”
Source: https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...ially-acknowledged-encounters-with-phenomena/

Thanks for your efforts, Mr. Greenewald and the Black Vault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

"The Navy did not offer the exact designation numbers for the videos, but did reveal the dates for all three incidents. “[The] dates are 14 November 2004 for ‘FLIR1’ and 21 January 2015 for both ‘Gimbal’ and ‘GoFast.

This is the second time, 21 January 2015 comes out for the Gimbal video, the first time and if I remember well, it was a pilot who confirmed that date but I'll have to double check.

I was searching for the date(s) of these incidents in 2018 and my investigations made me think that 26 January 2015 was a good candidate but if this information is right, I was wrong by a few days.

You can download my document below.

Correct me if I am wrong but it is the first time that we learn that both Gimbal and Go Fast were filmed the same day if Mr. Gradisher is right but I am always cautious with such statements when there's no metadata or any kinds of
logs available with the videos.

This is clearly becoming more convoluted by the day.

You bet, this is why we have to be very cautious with any official/unofficial statements without solid evidence to back them up.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

• Gimbal.v2.pdf
    9.5 MB · Views: 689
Wind speed is pretty high on that day:

and direction(if i'm not wrong) is exactly away from the coast.
Meaning it's another point for GoFast being a balloon.

Hi Div,

Yes it was blowing approx away from the East coast of Northern Fla at the altitude indicated in the sounding balloon data since it was blowing offshore (surfers would say so for their glassy barrels with surface winds lol) but please explain why you think if I was right about the date/time, why would it be another point for the Go Fast video being a balloon?

Thank you Div or whatever your real name is for reading my document, much appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
his snip says the 21st (the Navy's date) not the 26th (your date).

Hi there,

Sorry, I missed that (thought he used data from my document) but my question is still "valid", what makes him think this would be another point for the Go Fast video being a lighter than air?

Cheers,
Chris

what makes him think this would be another point for the Go Fast video being a lighter than air?
esp since the sounding he used -from your PDF- says its the camera height, not the object height.
upload_2019-9-12_14-55-37.png

it's an object that's around 13,000 feet ((25000 feet) - (1.95 nautical miles)) in altitude, viewed from a jet at 25,000 feet.
fyi: to get to the original thread of a quote click the little up arrow next to the quoted persons name

(and when was the training exercise on Jan 21st? your soundings say they are from 7am florida time)

Hi Deirdre,

When I did my research to find date/time of the Gimbal video, I used among other things:

1. What they said in the Gimbal video: "They are all going against the wind, the wind is 120 kts out of the west"
2. Wind speed & direction at the altitude they (pilot & wso) were flying since they get this data from their sensors at their flight level
3. Wind data sent to me by Keith Basterfield for two dates & time he filtered out as the best candidates

I don't know how Mick West could figure out an altitude of around 13,000 feet since we have no idea what the slant range is. Maybe he talked about the Go Fast video because that's also what I figured out in my analysis (FL 130 = approx B alt).

Now, when the pilots in the Gimbal video say that these objects are all going against the wind, how do I know that they are right since I don't know for sure if they know the slant range and altitude of the objects and how could they know wind speed & direction from their sensors at a lower altitude (Gimbal video elevation is -2°) even if they did know the alt and range of these objects?

These are just questions, I am not stating that they are wrong, just that I cannot prove that they are not wrong.

So stating that this is another point to support the LTA hypothesis is speculation at best. The opposite is also true...

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Wind speed is pretty high on that day:

and direction(if i'm not wrong) is exactly away from the coast.
Meaning it's another point for GoFast being a balloon.

http://weather.uwyo.edu/upperair/sounding.html

Hi Div,

Sorry about that, I got mixed up with Gimbal and Go Fast...but what I said about Gimbal does not change.

1.We don't know (yet) what was the wind speed/direction at FL 130 B alt in the Go Fast video if the correct date is 21 Jan 2015 (Max speed/ht is indicated in meters, it's not 12,511 ft but 12,511 m so +- 41,047 ft/126 kts)
2. We don't know for sure what was the direction of the object or biological in the Go Fast video.

Cheers and SORRY again.
Chris

Last edited:
Back