- Video on Reddit shows "Tic-Tac shaped object" viewed from a plane over Kansas.
- Plane Type identified as Embraer E175 (@flarkey)
- Precise time from Mufon File 2022-09-01T16:07:32-0400, (20:07:32 UTC) (@Mick West)
- Livery indicated United Airlines (@flarkey)
- Planes identified, SKW5553, SkyWest Embraer 175 (N615UX) flying for United Express and DAL982, a Delta Air Lines Airbus A321 (N121DZ). And background features matched. The location is over 300 miles from that in the video description. (@Easy Muffin)
- KML Files for both planes' ADS-B tracks (@flarkey)
- Terrain match at the start of the video (@jarlrmai)
- Recreation in the Sitrec simulator proves an exact match. (@Mick West)
I think the haze is an important factor here to why it looks like a tic tac - not saying the only factor, but a contributor
BTW, there now seems to be a another very similar case that has been posted on reddit.
Pic taken looking down out of a plane at a tic tac looking object through haze
Last edited by a moderator: