Explained: "Floating Ball of Fire Over Argentina" [Short Sunlit Contrail]

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Another contrail at sunset is mistaken for a "UFO":
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/28/unexplained-floating-ball-of-fire-ufo_n_6561314.html

Very blurry and shaky video, and rather over-exposed.

Sunset contrails are explained here:
http://contrailscience.com/short-sunlit-contrails-look-like-ufos/

[Update] Some views of the "UFO" match this video of an A340 Contrail very well in shape if we simply assume the trail does not last as long, and it's viewed from the ground instead of a nearby plane:

Tracking the origin of the story is interesting:
HuffPo Wierd News got it from:
http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/2015/01/ufo-shocked-residents-of-city-of-frias.html
With what looks like it was translated
This traces back to
http://www.nuevodiarioweb.com.ar/no...rana-luz-conmociono-vecinos-ciudad-frias.html
Which would put the date at Jan 23rd. (see below)

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
Which would put the date at Jan 23rd.
i dont know. this video seems to be from january 4th.
and the UFO site has a post dated January 8th, that looks like the same thing. ??
http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/2015/01/glowing-ufo-as-bright-as-sun-over.html

fb.JPG

not that there cant be two contrails, but maybe the stories are getting mixed up?

deirdre

Senior Member.
here another video that has my above footage after 1:40.. and allegedly shot from another location in Brasil in beginning in video.

How weird is this.. it does look like 2 contrails! i can even see the planes somewhat but strange they overlap like this.

bra.JPG

Trailblazer

Staff member
here another video that has my above footage after 1:40.. and allegedly shot from another location in Brasil in beginning in video.

How weird is this.. it does look like 2 contrails! i can even see the planes somewhat but strange they overlap like this.

View attachment 11335

I would say that is just the trails from one four-engined jet.

Compare this pic I took the other day:

That is a Lufthansa A340.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's basically this (also an A340)

But looking up more, so the shape of the trails is stretched, and with atmospheric conditions such that the trail does not last very long:

Since the animated trail was videoed from a relatively nearby plane, some the visual spreading is from perspective. Correcting for that, we get:

Video source:

[Added this animation to the OP]

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
Yeah it's basically this (also an A340)
ah. thanks. i can see the plane much clearer now. couldnt get a handle on my perspective.

i think i found one of the original uploaders. translated some comments they give locations and times so maybe @Trailspotter or someone can do your 'magic' and find the specific flight.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
i think i found one of the original uploaders. translated some comments they give locations and times so maybe @Trailspotter or someone can do your 'magic' and find the specific flight.

I do not have Premium FR24 to play back the flights in that area on January 4, 2014. However, checking it up for the just past sunset hour showed that an A340 does fly there at the time in a right direction (chasing the Sun):
Screen shot 2015-01-31 at 00.27.07.png
This looks like a daily flight (apart Saturdays?) that occasionally flies over Porto Alegre (it happened other days of the past week). And it is the only four-engine plane flying there at around sunset.

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Sunset around 8-9PM local time there? so 23:00UTC Jan 3rd.

Flightaware KMZ attached, unfortunately no ADSB near Porto Alegre, so the straight line interpolation dips underground.

Attachments

• FlightAware_IBE6845_LEMD_SAEZ_20150103.kml
    26.2 KB · Views: 568
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Explained: Floating Triangle UFO in Buenos Aires Google Maps [Bridge] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Z.W. Wolf Explained: Red Mirages, Blue Shifts, and Data Dumps in the 2020 Election Election 2020 0
Mick West Explained: Trump's Claim of Suspicious Early Morning Michigan Bump [It's Detroit] Election 2020 1
Mick West Explained: New Navy UFO Videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 77
Cassi O Polaris Height Perspective Explained (No math required) Flat Earth 1
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
A Explained: astronaut's movement causes lunar flag to wave in Apollo 15 footage Conspiracy Theories 0
Mick West Explained: The "Many Faces" of Patrick Crusius, the El Paso Shooter Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West Explained: "Beam of Light" in To The Stars Academy header images UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Explained: "UFOS" in Donald Trump's Crowd Photo on 4th of July UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
D Explained: Photo of 747 with Contrails Only on One Side [Fake, April Fool] Contrails and Chemtrails 21
Qulaey Explained: 17.61 Mile Mirror Flash Supposedly Proves Flat Earth [Refraction] Flat Earth 5
Mick West Explained: The Navy's New "UFO" Reporting Guidelines UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 32
Mick West Explained: "It's photoshopped because it has to be" Flat Earth 3
Mick West Explained: Jet Chasing UFO: X-45A and F/A-18B Formation Flight Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Rory Explained: How Mount Rainier helps demonstrate the shape of the globe Flat Earth 38
creatonez Explained: Why the Earth does not look oblate in photos from space Flat Earth 0
MikeG Explained: EU Army Deployed to Paris Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West Explained: Unexplained Green Light During Thunderstorm [Water on Lens, Caustics] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Explained: Flashes of Light During the World Trade Center Collapse 9/11 5
Mick West Explained: House "Cut in Half", Tubbs Fire, Santa Rosa, Coffey Park Wildfires 0
Mick West Explained: Burnt Cars on California Beach [TV Set] Wildfires 1
Mick West Explained: Unknown Brewing Company UFO UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Explained: Why Kavanaugh's Calendar PDF looks Edited [OCR] Current Events 0
Mick West Explained: Mysterious Red Planet Like Object Filmed Next To The Moon. Atglen [Reflection] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Explained: Podesta 14 + Fish [Promotional Tweet for UN Global Sustainability Goals] Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Explained: Dark Streak UFO Photo - Barn Swallow + Motion Blur UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Explained: DEW Energy Beam Starting Forest Fires - Dirty Lens, Light Streak Conspiracy Theories 13
Mick West Explained: A Dozen Or More Southern Valley UFOs UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Rory Explained: Space Shuttle Footage Reflection of Face [Shot Through Window] Conspiracy Theories 5
Mick West Explained: Washington State Island "Mystery missile" - Helicopter Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 49
Andrew Gillett Explained: Squares in the sky? [Reflection of lights in a window] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Mick West Explained: Mysterious lights over Milwaukee [Seagulls, Night Exposure Trails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
Mick West Explained: Why Some Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shooting Google Search Results Predate the Event Conspiracy Theories 1
Priyadi Explained: Why We Don't See Satellites in Photos Taken From The ISS Flat Earth 1
Trailblazer Explained: Vatican "chemtrail spraying" coin [part of set depicting Pope's travels] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
deirdre Explained: Mysterious burning crater in Mexico spurs UFO crash speculation (Garbage pit) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Benjamin Moore Explained: Why Earth Has A Magnetic Core Even Though the core is Molten Metal Flat Earth 2
FlightMuj Explained: Photo from ISS shows "open window" [Scratch Cover] Flat Earth 2
Mick West Explained: "Smoke Trails" On 9/11 World Trade Center Falling Debris [Dust/Powder] 9/11 10
Mick West Explained: Roy Moore Two Color Yearbook Signature [Depth of Field Chromatic Aberration] Conspiracy Theories 34
Mick West Explained: Why Planes Get Dented Nosecones - It's Mostly Birds General Discussion 4
Mick West Explained: Unburned trees next to burned down structures as evidence of secret "energy weapons" Wildfires 120
Mick West Explained: Photo of "UFO" Used in Connection with Nimitz Incident [Balloon] UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 8
Mick West Explained: Mexico City Earthquake Lights [Power Line Arcing and Transformer Explosions] Science and Pseudoscience 33
Mick West Explained: Cloud Seeding Weather Modification in Texas before Hurricane Harvey Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Bunkmeister Explained: Coast Guard Geographic Range Table promoted by flat earthers Flat Earth 15
Mick West Explained: Charlottesville Car Attack License Plates - Ohio GVF 1111 (and GVF 1122) Conspiracy Theories 2
FlightMuj Explained: NASA documents stating a flat Earth??? Linear Aircraft Models Flat Earth 7
Related Articles

Related Articles