mrfintoil

Senior Member.
The recent weeks have had an intense debates about whether colloidal silver works on ebola. I know there is a specific thread for this, but I want to focus more on a specific case that is often brought up as an example of how colloidal silver supposedly treats ebola.

I think most of you have seen the claims made by Natural Solutions Foundation's founder Rima Laibow how her product was sent to Sierra Leone and allegedly "did wonders" on 500 patients.
http://drrimatruthreports.com/this-works-sierra-leone-information-minister/

I know Rima got a long history of quackery, and it just seem to be the case without any doubt. I think most of us will just dismiss Rima's claim as simply a marketing scheme created to cash in on the fear of an eventual ebola pandemic.

But personally I like to gather more specific information about the case, and it seem to be very little information about this beyond what Rima Laibow have claimed. A lot of "truth-oriented" sites have mirrored this story, stating it is proof colloidal silver cures ebola.

As you can find basically no other source than Laibow about this, I would like to concentrate on some specific points in the alleged email correspondence that just feels odd.

• What you have here is basically an alleged speech claimed to have been held at a local hospital, something that have been translated by the imam that allegedly sent the silver in the first place. An email was sent by Rima to Kanu to confirm that the translation accurately reflects Kanu's speech. Nobody seem to know if this speech was held or not, except for Rima. I cannot find any other source for this alleged speech. We simply have to take Rima's words for granted.
  • There also seem to be something odd about Kanu's email address. If this was an official post with a governmental minister, wouldn't a @gov.sl be used instead of a simple @gmail.com? Anyone can register a gmail account and pretend to be someone else.
  • There is also very little information about this imam from Atlanta - "Sheikh Massally". The only trace I could find was this Yahoo group conversation mentioning someone by the name "Alhaji Sheikh Ismail Massally", "reknowned Imam in our Sierra Leonean community".
Rima also praises Kanu on Twitter, well, at what looks like a basically never-used Twitter account baring Kanu's name:
So what I'd like to know is how much truth there is to this story, if anyone can find out.
Is this story a complete fabrication by Rima Laibow? Or did they really send a sample of colloidal silver to Sierra Leone?

Bill

Senior Member.
The recent weeks have had an intense debates about whether colloidal silver works on ebola. I know there is a specific thread for this, but I want to focus more on a specific case that is often brought up as an example of how colloidal silver supposedly treats ebola.

I think most of you have seen the claims made by Natural Solutions Foundation's founder Rima Laibow how her product was sent to Sierra Leone and allegedly "did wonders" on 500 patients.
http://drrimatruthreports.com/this-works-sierra-leone-information-minister/

I know Rima got a long history of quackery, and it just seem to be the case without any doubt. I think most of us will just dismiss Rima's claim as simply a marketing scheme created to cash in on the fear of an eventual ebola pandemic.

But personally I like to gather more specific information about the case, and it seem to be very little information about this beyond what Rima Laibow have claimed. A lot of "truth-oriented" sites have mirrored this story, stating it is proof colloidal silver cures ebola.

As you can find basically no other source than Laibow about this, I would like to concentrate on some specific points in the alleged email correspondence that just feels odd.

• What you have here is basically an alleged speech claimed to have been held at a local hospital, something that have been translated by the imam that allegedly sent the silver in the first place. An email was sent by Rima to Kanu to confirm that the translation accurately reflects Kanu's speech. Nobody seem to know if this speech was held or not, except for Rima. I cannot find any other source for this alleged speech. We simply have to take Rima's words for granted.
  • There also seem to be something odd about Kanu's email address. If this was an official post with a governmental minister, wouldn't a @gov.sl be used instead of a simple @gmail.com? Anyone can register a gmail account and pretend to be someone else.
  • There is also very little information about this imam from Atlanta - "Sheikh Massally". The only trace I could find was this Yahoo group conversation mentioning someone by the name "Alhaji Sheikh Ismail Massally", "reknowned Imam in our Sierra Leonean community".
Rima also praises Kanu on Twitter, well, at what looks like a basically never-used Twitter account baring Kanu's name:
So what I'd like to know is how much truth there is to this story, if anyone can find out.
Is this story a complete fabrication by Rima Laibow? Or did they really send a sample of colloidal silver to Sierra Leone?
Has she noticed or tried to explain the rate of infection increasing in Sierra Leone where she claims her treatment is being used and falling in Liberia where conventional treatments are be used? I tried to find out but my computer stops me when I try to access her web page.

deirdre

Senior Member.
I cant find any confirmation of any of the assertions other than on Leibows site. but who knows, Kanu a while back did mention the possibility of trying silver.

but here Laibow allegedly states the shipment arrived Sept 28th.
but this article dated Sept 26th says they are already testing a 'batch'. ?

-----------------------
Seems very plausible to me Kanu did give that speech. He seemed to be in the area around Oct 11th and giving speeches about all the new strategies the Port Loko area has been implementing (public awareness, new treatment centers, etc) heres an example of such Oct 16th <at 3 mins he even uses the word "debunked" : )

The "transcript" Leibow and other similar sites have posted doesn't mention silver at all. sounds like him just talking about what he says he's talking about...[Cured by...] getting to the hospital and taking "the medicines the hospitals can give you for diarrhea, fever vomiting". <its kinda a major public campaign over there. I personally find it suspicious he would say anything that would be counter productive to the awareness campaign they are pushing hard. And mentioning a 'treatment' people can do at home seems counterproductive to me. (but who know people say weird things all the time)
-----------------

in Rima Leibows alleged email TO kanu, she says:

rl.JPG

and yet I've not yet seen a link to this video OR a direct quote from Kanu about silver OR clarifying he was talking about silver. <seems Odd. (perhaps why she CC'd it to her 'lawyer' ?

-------------------------------------------------
Oct 10th Leibows site has this: (bold and italics mine)
----------------

found this site, seems to have good news links/info for Sierra Leone but so far I haven't seen nano silver mentioned anywhere, but I only glanced it over quick. http://news.sl/drwebsite/exec/search.cgi?start=101&perpage=100&template=index/default.html

Bill

Senior Member.
I cant find any confirmation of any of the assertions other than on Leibows site. but who knows, Kanu a while back did mention the possibility of trying silver.

-----------------------
Seems very plausible to me Kanu did give that speech. He seemed to be in the area around Oct 11th and giving speeches about all the new strategies the Port Loko area has been implementing (public awareness, new treatment centers, etc) heres an example of such Oct 16th <at 3 mins he even uses the word "debunked" : )

The "transcript" Leibow and other similar sites have posted doesn't mention silver at all. sounds like him just talking about what he says he's talking about...[Cured by...] getting to the hospital and taking "the medicines the hospitals can give you for diarrhea, fever vomiting". <its kinda a major public campaign over there. I personally find it suspicious he would say anything that would be counter productive to the awareness campaign they are pushing hard. And mentioning a 'treatment' people can do at home seems counterproductive to me. (but who know people say weird things all the time)

----------------

found this site, seems to have good news links/info for Sierra Leone but so far I haven't seen nano silver mentioned anywhere, but I only glanced it over quick. http://news.sl/drwebsite/exec/search.cgi?start=101&perpage=100&template=index/default.html
This seems to be the only mention of nano silver on the papers web site. It is selling a different brand of false hope.
http://news.sl/drwebsite/publish/article_200526565.shtml

I can't find a mention of Sheik Ismail Massally.

It is notable that Alhaji Alpha Abubakarr Kanu is the Minister of Information and Communications and is not involved in with the Ministries tasked to deal with the Ebola outbreak. Miatta Barlay Kargbo is the actual Minister of Health and Sanitation. Kanu apparently also tends to speak out of turn.

MikeC

Closed Account
Miracle Mineral Supplement is a whole different world of quack "treatment" - as outlined in this article - it doesnt' contain silver, but it is based around Sodium Chlorite - which turns in to industrial-strength bleach Chlorine Dioxide when exposed to acid - such as in your stomach:

mrfintoil

Senior Member.
The "transcript" Leibow and other similar sites have posted doesn't mention silver at all. sounds like him just talking about what he says he's talking about...[Cured by...] getting to the hospital and taking "the medicines the hospitals can give you for diarrhea, fever vomiting".

Actually the transcript does mention nano silver:

But like you say, it's not clear from the transcript exactly how the nano silver was used.

Was it to sanitize equipment? Treat wounds? There is no mention of how the product was administered. Most vendors of colloidal silver recommend drinking it daily for protection, and I think that is how Laibow consider how the product is supposed to be used, treating ebola as well. At least it's a very common thing in the CS community to drink that stuff.

deirdre

Senior Member.
Actually the transcript does mention nano silver:

But like you say, it's not clear from the transcript exactly how the nano silver was used.

Was it to sanitize equipment? Treat wounds? There is no mention of how the product was administered. Most vendors of colloidal silver recommend drinking it daily for protection, and I think that is how Laibow consider how the product is supposed to be used, treating ebola as well. At least it's a very common thing in the CS community to drink that stuff.
oh yea. oops. I dismissed that sentence as it is so out of place in the context of the question and the rest of the response..plus the way he allegedly adds in the "nutrient" Nano Silver is pretty markety. anyway, ....and then, apparently, I completely forgot about it. sorry.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.

That is some awesome political journalism. If only the mainstream newspapers here would report as honestly on Tony Abbott's cabinet.

Related Articles