Deleted Post Placeholders

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I (and other moderators) sometimes have to delete posts that are either off-topic, violate the posting guidelines, or are excessively impolite. Previously the deleted posts would simply vanish into the ether, which was tidy, however a bit problematic because:

• The poster might not realize I'd deleted it, and just repost it
  • The poster might not understand why I'd deleted it, so I'd have to give a warning for each post
  • The poster might not see that I'm deleting off-topic posts by other people in the same thread, and so they may feel they are being unfairly targeted.
So, I've changed it so now deleted posts are listed in the place they were posted, with a notation of who deleted it (usually me) and the reason (often abbreviated, OT = Off Topic, PG = Posting Guidelines).

Example:

Deleted posts are still in the database, and can be viewed or un-deleted by moderators.

Posts can still be removed without trace (only by administrators, i.e. me), which I generally only do to tidy up a thread, removing a redundant posts, or spam.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
P "Deleted Votes" Claim, 2020 Election, Erie County, New York Election 2020 16
Mauro Can anyone explain me how to link a specific post? Site Feedback & News 7
P Problems with first post not meeting posting guidelines Site Feedback & News 7
Oystein Report: "23 die in Norway after receiving Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine" (NY Post) Coronavirus COVID-19 9
Mendel Post Election Social Media Crackdowns Election 2020 19
JFDee Washington Post: Former QAnon believer's tale Escaping The Rabbit Hole 2
Royce Malphrus What is this? [unidentified object in photo from vehicle: lamp post] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Mick West 4Chan's QAnon's +++ vs. Trump's. Post timestamps Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Debunked: Dylann Storm Roof Huffington Post Timestamp before the shooting Conspiracy Theories 33
Mick West Debunked: Obama Geoengineering April Fools Joke on Huffington Post Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West How to Tag someone in a post to let them know they were mentioned How To 3
Mick West How to upload and attach an image or file to a post How To 3
Cairenn Washington Post Blog on weather conspiracies Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West How to Post an Image on Metabunk How To 5
Mick West Double Post Prevention Site Feedback & News 1
Mick West Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here General Discussion 2370
D Post 9/11 Government Contractors ' War on Terror' Authorized Testing on U.S. Persons Conspiracy Theories 3

Related Articles