Debunking Humor...

Mendel

Senior Member.
That earns an eye roll...
Thank you for making me aware of this.

The link in question is https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/...-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html , and the information in it it obviously correct:
Based on this announcement, various types of misinformation have begun to spread, e.g. that the PCR test has a high false positive rate (it doesn't) or that it can't distinguish between Influenza and Covid (it is only positive for Covid, not for Influenza).

A full debunk with authoritative statements is at https://factcheck.afp.com/http%3A%2F%2Fdoc.afp.com%2F9H36PP-2 , here's an excerpt:
I'm sure a click on "See why" in the screenshot would have led to a similar page.

Now Facebook obviously uses automation to scan for misinformation, and one efficient way to do that is to scan for a links: people can write different words, but they'll usually link to the same sources. So, to curb the type of misinformation that I described above, obviously somebody added the CDC link to Facebook's misinformation scanner, which may have resulted in some automated false positives (easily cleared up via the "see why" link).

Kinda funny if you think the CDC is lying to the public, but to me it's more of a shoulder shrug than an eye roll.

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.

Mendel

Senior Member.
but not the moon one, its gone over my head
Established cosmology says that the moon is basically a big round rock orbiting the Earth that the sun shines on. (If you have doubts, find a daytime moon -- dateandtime.com will give you moonrise and moonset -- go outside, and hold up a round object next to it, and compare light and shadow.)

Some people who don't hold with established cosmology claim that this is a deception, and that the light that reaches us from the moon is not reflected sunlight, but instead claim that the moon is its own light source, akin to the sun.
Article:
Genesis 1:16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

Of course nobody would try to claim that established cosmology can't be true because rocks don't reflect light, and illustrate it with a picture of a rock reflecting light, except as a joke -- or would they?
You decide: Source: https://twitter.com/davino_mike/status/1207047245041930240

OK thanks Mendel, thats sort of what I understood (I thought there perhaps might of been a deeper meaning which I wasn't getting)
except I took the picture to mean, OK the rock/moon is illuminated in this picture (and since rocks cant reflect light according to them) then the answer is it must be giving off light somehow

Of course everything we see reflects light photons or else we couldn't see it.
Speaking of the genesis quote, I met someone in the last year when I pointed out the moon to them during the day, it blew their mind 'I didn't think you could see the moon during the day, is this normal etc'
I'm like (to myself), you've been on this planet for over 40 years and you have never noticed o_O

Mendel

Senior Member.
Of course everything we see reflects light photons or else we couldn't see it.
That's slightly overstated: we can see something that emits light, but does not reflect it.
image.jpeg

Rocks do have shadows, though.

(If you want to discuss this further, we should make a separate thread.)

Last edited:

JMartJr

(If you have doubts, find a daytime moon -- dateandtime.com will give you moonrise and moonset -- go outside, and hold up a round object next to it, and compare light and shadow.)
Well whattaya know?

Attachments

• reduced to fit b file size limit.JPG
    reduced to fit b file size limit.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
  • moon ball illuminated phases.jpg
    moon ball illuminated phases.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 42

Mendel

Senior Member.
Talking about sheeple, this has been a source of deep amusement for me:
Article:
Sheep have a strong instinct to follow the sheep in front of them. When one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision." For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter. If one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow.

image.jpeg
It's like, if a flock of sheep had to choose a slogan, it'd be that.

Last edited:

Agent K

I just remembered a children's joke: Why is an elephant big, grey, and wrinkly? Because if it were small, white, and smooth it would be an aspirin.
And why is an F-18 "Rhino" big, grey, and angular? Because if it were small, white, and round it would be a Tic Tac.

FatPhil

https://www.saynotosmokedetectors.com/

This is how it begins...
"""
Say NO to Smoke Detectors!
People are waking up to the danger of smoke detectors!

Here are some FACTS you NEED TO KNOW!
"""

Too many facts to quote here, and if I quote the best, I'll spoil it for you, and if I quote the worst, you'll not feel tempted to waste your precious 3 minutes reading them all, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mendel Standards for debunking Practical Debunking 6
Oystein Debunking resource: Engineers Assess the Truth in AE911Truth (Scott & Hamburger, 2021) 9/11 36
S Needs debunking: Pentagon plane could have been shot down 9/11 10
C Need Debunking: Concert photograph from 8/27/21 (Billy Strings) fans claiming UFO. No eyewitness that I know of. UFOs and Aliens 12
ki_cz Need help debunking FE video Flat Earth 42
V Needs debunking: flat earthers claim this reflection to show a harness in ISS video Flat Earth 10
FatPhil Debunking backfiring Practical Debunking 36
M Need Debunking: Apollo 12 LM caught on a wire Conspiracy Theories 12
P Need Debunking: "Experimental Vaccine Death Rate for Israel's Elderly 40 Times Higher Than COVID-19 Deaths" Coronavirus COVID-19 7
Mick West Gabriel Sterling Debunking Trumps Accusations from the Raffernsperger Call Election 2020 3
Edward Current Needs Debunking: That the GPS does not implement time corrections from Einstein's relativity Science and Pseudoscience 7
A Needs Debunking: Proposed COVID Vaccine will become part of our DNA, make us programmable Coronavirus COVID-19 37
gtoffo Needs Debunking: "UFO crash" near Rio de Janeiro UFOs and Aliens 17
Code-Beta Needs Debunking: CE-5, humans initiating UFO sightings UFOs and Aliens 15
Mick West Debunking Correlations Between 5G deployments and Coronavirus Coronavirus COVID-19 14
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 16
Mick West TFTRH #34 - Stian Arnesen: Debunking, Censorship, 9/11, and UFOs Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 0
H Need Debunking: Hernando County platforms from more than 10 miles Flat Earth 9
Bill Statler Needs debunking: "Magnetic water" for treating diabetes Health and Quackery 8
Mick West TFTRH #14: Rory – Flat Earth Debunking and Spiritual Journeys Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 6
Qulaey Two problems need help debunking and debating tips? please. Flat Earth 9
Scaramanga The Easy And Logical Debunking Of UFO 'Size' UFOs and Aliens 1
Mendel MediaWise #IsThisLegit program Practical Debunking 1
brad fuller Does the inverse-square law apply to the flat-earth debunking tool chest? Flat Earth 4
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
vooke Need debunking: Writings in the sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West Debunking 9/11 Microsphere Myths 9/11 0
Starman Debunking Bob Lazar's drawing of S-4 hangers UFOs and Aliens 15
Mick West Debunking Guidelines for: "Convex Earth - The Documentary" Flat Earth 0
T Debunking needed – anomalous mp3 recording distortion Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 12
Mick West Here's to the "Debunker"! Practical Debunking 1
ConfusedHominid Need Debunking (Claim): Metabunk Curve Calculator Does Not Calculate for Angular Size Flat Earth 13
Mick West NY Times: In Italian Schools, Reading, Writing and Recognizing Fake News Practical Debunking 60
Mick West Debunking: A Meta-Analysis of the Psychological Efficacy of Messages Countering Misinformation Practical Debunking 5
Rory Where online is debunking most effective? Practical Debunking 14
Whitebeard Martymer 81 Practical Debunking 4
N Neeson's anti-debunking thoughts Site Feedback & News 15
Mick West Fireproof Cabbage, Burning Snow, Flat Earth - Are Some Things too Silly to Debunk? Practical Debunking 7
Mick West Burying the Debunk: How Fake News about "Pyramids" in Antarctica Creates False Balance Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
Mick West Debunking911.com offline - How to Preserve Good Debunking Sites? 9/11 3
Sam Hill Debunking "That's not a Space Station, it's an airplane" Flat Earth 1
Mick West When Absence of Evidence is Evidence of Absence in Conspiracy Theories Practical Debunking 35
Rogerpenna Debunking Flat Earth with the Southern Hemisphere Flat Earth 11
Leifer Polite video interviewing/debunking Practical Debunking 8
Veronica! Any resources for debunking a 'cold case' UFO sighting? Practical Debunking 7
M Flat Earth theory simple debunking by the moon's appearance Flat Earth 48
mrfintoil Study: When Debunking Scientific Myths Fails (and When It Does Not) Practical Debunking 3
deirdre study on how to 'sway people' Practical Debunking 0
Leifer Pseudo debunking, trickery, product promos Health and Quackery 10
MikeG College Course on Conspiracies Practical Debunking 89
Related Articles

Related Articles