Debunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout.

Cairenn

Senior Member.
Thank you, now to determine if this is to replace old stocks or ???

It is doses for 700,000 folks

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It seems quite plausible that this story is simply an attempt by Infowars to boost sales of their own (overly expensive) iodine supplements:

http://www.storyleak.com/government-stockpiling-iodine-fukushima-meltdown/ (http://archive.is/HdqDP)
The link goes to:
http://www.infowarsshop.com/Survival-Shield--Nascent-Iodine_p_1104.html (http://archive.is/uewaq)

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_National_Stockpile

That these things are stockpiled is unsurprising. Where is the evidence of a suspicious purchase?

It's probably just something like -
Iodine = radiation treatment = foreknowledge of radiation fallout disaster, either from fukushima or a planned nuclear attack/dirty bomb.
And 700 000 is probably the amount of necessary personnel to keep the elite in champagne and chocolate.

(where does the '14 million doses' come from?)

Landru

Staff member
Drill down to the federal website and you'll see the government is not buying anything. It is a RFQ or Request for Quote. The US wants to know how much this stuff would cost. It's called contingency planning.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
And this is where it is going:
http://sscweb.psc.gov/index.cfm
Basically it's the pharmacy for the federal government and the U.S. armed forces. So it's hardly surprising that they buy in bulk.

Pete

I bet if you test the iodine for sale on that website, its just water... I wouldn't put it past Alex Jones.

AluminumTheory

Senior Member.
I remember back when the fukushima accident occurred, potassium iodide (that had been expired) was being sold on eBay at massively inflated prices. I don't even know where or how you would obtain this stuff and know tthat you got the genuine article. But it would be interesting to test the quality and legitimacy of the potassium iodine that Alex Jones is selling. They seem to have made a career of scrutinizing household products and claiming they're dangerous. I wonder what would happen if his products went under real scientific scrutiny.

Last edited:
J

Joe

It seems that the conspiracy theorist logic is that someone who buys a fire extinguisher is planning to start a fire.
Well I know a few firefighters that were pyromaniacs . No I think their logic is that they feel they are not being told the truth about dangers coming from Japan . I see nothing wrong with that . I will pass being I am allergic to Iodine .

Landru

Staff member
Well I know a few firefighters that were pyromaniacs . No I think their logic is that they feel they are not being told the truth about dangers coming from Japan . I see nothing wrong with that . I will pass being I am allergic to Iodine .

So they tell lies about the US purchasing iodine? And then sell their own iodine?

http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/radiological/documents/institutions.pdfPotassium Iodine is useful in treatment for ONLY I-131 the program has been around since the late 80s and was redone in 2001. States with a population living with in 10 miles of a nuclear power plant are encouraged to participate in the program which makes available KI tablets to that populace. A package of 20 KI tablets is enough for 10 doses (2@65 Mg). there is nothing secret about the program as you can find all of the details on the federal site as well as numerous state sites. The Tablets only work if you take them immediately before or during exposure and only protect the thyroid gland.

the koolaid

Banned
Banned
http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/radiological/documents/institutions.pdfPotassium Iodine is useful in treatment for ONLY I-131 the program has been around since the late 80s and was redone in 2001. States with a population living with in 10 miles of a nuclear power plant are encouraged to participate in the program which makes available KI tablets to that populace. A package of 20 KI tablets is enough for 10 doses (2@65 Mg). there is nothing secret about the program as you can find all of the details on the federal site as well as numerous state sites. The Tablets only work if you take them immediately before or during exposure and only protect the thyroid gland.
then why is this spefific one a big deal? something is up for sure.

MikeC

Closed Account
It is a request for quote for the Govt's agency that acts as a pharmacy for the armed services - read the thread.

Because of poor vetting skills. A little research would show that the supply has to be repurchased every 5 years because they expire.

Mackdog

Senior Member.
I remember back when the fukushima accident occurred, potassium iodide (that had been expired) was being sold on eBay at massively inflated prices. I don't even know where or how you would obtain this stuff and know tthat you got the genuine article. But it would be interesting to test the quality and legitimacy of the potassium iodine that Alex Jones is selling. They seem to have made a career of scrutinizing household products and claiming they're dangerous. I wonder what would happen if his products went under real scientific scrutiny.
Alex is actually selling "Nascent Iodine" which is something that you can take orally..but yeah I know what you mean. He is a sellout nowadays. back when I first started listening to him in 2009 he wasn't a big time salesman like he is now. He was just a conspiracy nut from texas.

The only new news in this issue is that a contract was requested to replace the expiring KI. Note the timeline below this program has been running in its current form since 2002. Unless someone disagrees I see this issue as debunked.

http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/emerg-...reparedness/potassium-iodide.html#eligibility

Chew

Senior Member.
The gubmint scientists aren't dumb enough to think KI will protect anyone from another meltdown. KI is a defense from I-131. I-131 is produced only during the fission process and the Fukushima reactors haven't undergone fission since they were shut down by the earthquake.

The gubmint scientists aren't dumb enough to think KI will protect anyone from another meltdown. KI is a defense from I-131. I-131 is produced only during the fission process and the Fukushima reactors haven't undergone fission since they were shut down by the earthquake.
That is why they are only recomended for those living within a 20 mile radius of the plants. KI must be taken immediately preceding or during an exposure period.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
And I think it's worth explaining "KI is a defense from I-131."

KI = Potassium Iodide.
I-131 = Radioactive iodine.

KI is ONLY a defense against radioactive iodine, it will not protect you against "radiation" in other forms, such as strontium and cesium - the main substances reported leaking from Fukushima. It works very simply by basically filling you up with safe iodine, so your body (specifically your thyroid gland) does not absorb any more radioactive iodine , and you pee it out. It's not a magic anti-radiation pill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potass...tion_due_to_nuclear_accidents_and_emergencies

Last edited:
And I think it's worth explaining "KI is a defense from I-131."

KI = Potassium Iodide.
I-131 = Radioactive iodine.

KI is ONLY a defense against radioactive iodine, it will not protect you against "radiation" in other forms, such as strontium and cesium - the main substances reported leaking from Fukushima. It works very simply by basically filling you up with safe iodine, so your body (specifically your thyroid gland) does not absorb any more radioactive iodine , and you pee it out. It's not a magic anti-radiation pill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potass...tion_due_to_nuclear_accidents_and_emergencies
To build on that Mick it protects ONLY the thyroid, no other organ, part, or system

Chew

Senior Member.
That is why they are only recomended for those living within a 20 mile radius of the plants. KI must be taken immediately preceding or during an exposure period.

The state of Connecticut mailed me a pack because I lived near the Millstone nuclear power plant. iirc people were selling them on eBay for $50 a tablet. I could have made $300!

Belfrey

Senior Member.
For further documentation that this is an ongoing program with previous orders made, see this 2007 page: Anbex: Government Acquisition of iOSAT
I propose that the thread title be updated with a "Dubunked:" label. Since the bunk part is that it has something to do with Fukushima, perhaps "Dubunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout."

For further documentation that this is an ongoing program with previous orders made, see this 2007 page: Anbex: Government Acquisition of iOSAT
I propose that the thread title be updated with a "Dubunked:" label. Since the bunk part is that it has something to do with Fukushima, perhaps "Dubunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout."

Agreed

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Debunked: "There Exists a Shadowy Government" — Daniel Inouye Quotes Debunked 0
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Debunked: Government to Nationalize Food Supply Conspiracy Theories 0
Mathias Olsen Partially Debunked: List of Monsanto Employees in Government Conspiracy Theories 30
Critical Thinker Debunked: "Government Labels those who Grow Their Own Food ‘Extremists’" Conspiracy Theories 12
Mick West Debunked: Government Stockpiling Unusual Amounts of Ammo [by Tom Coburn's GAO Report] Conspiracy Theories 63
Mick West Debunked: Debunkers Trust the Government and Think Everything is Fine Practical Debunking 89
BlueCollarCritic Debunked Conspiracies Update - The Government Is Not Confiscating Guns General Discussion 18
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars Study: Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile General Discussion 25
Cairenn Debunked: Government buys 30,000 guillotines Conspiracy Theories 20
BenC Debunked: UK Government admits Chemtrails (Legislation HC221) Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Mick West Debunked: ‘White Guilt’ Bracelets - Government wants you to wear them? Conspiracy Theories 223
Spongebob Has this Government paper been debunked yet? Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Debunked: Navid Keshavarz-Nia's Claims of "A Sudden Rise in Slope" as Election Fraud Evidence Election 2020 4
Mick West Debunked: Trump's Claim of "1,126,940 votes created out of thin air" in PA Election 2020 2
Mick West Debunked: Crowder's "Fraud Week" Title Graphic (and Why it Matters) Election 2020 1
JFDee Debunked: Democratic senators complained about 'vote switching' by Dominion voting machines in 2019 Election 2020 2
Mendel Debunked: The Democrats are trying to take away freedom of religion Election 2020 6
H Debunked: Dr. Shiva's Scatterplot Analysis of Michigan Precincts Election 2020 37
Mick West Debunked: Suspicious "Biden Only" Ballots in Georgia Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: "Nancy Pelosi's long time Chief of Staff is a key executive at Dominion Voting" Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: Wisconsin Turnout 89% Impossible High [Actually 72%] Election 2020 1
Mick West Debunked: Video of Poll Worker "Filling In" Ballots. Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: Pentagon has Evidence of "Off-World Vehicles Not Made on this Earth" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 14
derrick06 Debunked: United Nations creates a "NWO" website Conspiracy Theories 2
N Debunked: Google Mail icon shows linkage to Freemasons Conspiracy Theories 4
Mendel Debunked: The WHO did not take the Taiwan CDC seriously Coronavirus COVID-19 0
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mendel Debunked: Radar Waves Affect Clouds General Discussion 0
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 16
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Jesse3959 FE Debunked with water tube level - 187 foot building 21.2 miles away below eye level Flat Earth 0
H Debunked: Cadillac Mountain from 220 miles Flat Earth 7
Jesse3959 FE Claim Debunked: JTolan Epic Gravity Experiment - Flat earther disproves Perspective! (or his instruments.) Flat Earth 0
Mick West Debunked: DoD prepares for martial law in CONUS: Conspiracy Theories 0
Oystein Debunked: AE911T: CNBC Anchor Ron Insana claims Building 7 a Controlled Implosion 9/11 13
A Debunked: NASA tampered with the original television audio of the Apollo 11 moon landing Conspiracy Theories 1
Greylandra Debunked: media headline "Judea declares war on Germany" [boycott] Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Discovery Channel's "Contact: Declassified Breakthrough" was debunked 2.5 years ago UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Joe Hill Debunked: "The North Face of Building 7 Was Pulled Inward" 9/11 66
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Debunked: Photo with Sun Rays at Odd Angles Flat Earth 0
Staffan Debunked: Wikileaks releases unused footage of moon landing (Capricorn One movie scenes) Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West Debunked: Neil deGrasse Tyson : "That Stuff is Flat" Flat Earth 10
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Trees being cut down "because they block 5G" (tree replacement in Belgium) 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 44
deirdre Debunked: Exemption from military service doc proves Jews had foreknowledge of WW2 (fake leaflet) General Discussion 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Obama called Michelle "Michael" in a speech. (Referring to Michael Mullen Jr) Quotes Debunked 0
Rory Debunked: 120-mile shot of San Jacinto proves flat earth Flat Earth 39
Rory Debunked: The Lunar Cycle affects birth rates Health and Quackery 26
Related Articles

Related Articles