Conspiracy web sites have paid shills?

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
I have noticed that there has been a deluge of posts to Craigslist that promote stories on conspiracy profiteering web sites. It was more than a simple coincidence that the same story would be posted and reposted (ad nauseum) in several different cities forums day after day.

1.PNG 2.PNG 1_20_SD.JPG

After a little more research I found posts on Craigslist for "writers" for some of those conspiracy profiteering web sites.

WritersSought.JPGWritersSought2.JPG

I found that there are some people who create many Facebook pages promoting themselves and their videos, as well as promoting many of the conspiracy profiteering websites. These all tie back originally to Syd Stevens, under the guise of Socal Skywatch, although some of the sites he has now shared the administrative upkeep with others since they failed to draw many followers/likes.

https://www.facebook.com/socalskywatch?ref=ts&fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Diego-Chemtrails/496348250403666
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Skies-San-Diego/464896093535878
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailychemtrail/
https://www.facebook.com/events/537858932910745/

In addition to their more non-conspiracy Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/syd.stevens?fref=ts

His real Name is Tim Svetz, though he goes by the name Syd Stevens.

Also with links to their Wordpress blog and YouTube videos they have of chemtrails.

http://socalskywatch.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/socalskywatch?feature=watch

I noticed also the dozens of his posts to beforeitsnews (one of the conspiracy profiteering web sites)

Stories.JPG

And he is also hosting a viewing of Why in the World are they Spraying? San Diego Premiere

https://www.facebook.com/events/466321883415082/

and he also posts links to other conspiracy profiteering websites as well.

I am of the opinion that in the 'conspiracy theorist crowd' there are 2 types of people; people that seek to be influential and make a buck selling the conspiracy BS, and the other people that are 'true believers' and honestly believe that crap. When I see someone so avidly promoting conspiracy websites and their BS I am thinking that he is one of the persons seeking to gain by spreading that BS. I am wondering if there has been any other documentation of the conspiracy theory profiteers paying people to endorse and spread their conspiracy theories and web sites?

Last edited:
I have a friend who writes articles for either BeforeItsNews or AboveTopSecret... I didn't realize he might be getting a kick-back from them. The subject matter doesn't stray too far into the fringe, though, they are mostly about real or perceived injustices in the world.

Interesting today there was the "UFO" story, which I did a quick debunk for:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/1098-Debunked-UFO-Missile-Streaks-Over-California

The "news" story that promoted it was:
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981841340

The Writer is Tom Rose, and he posted it as happening yesterday, even though it happened seven years ago, and the piece was very melodramatic, with lots of groundless speculation, like "Isn't that extremely dangerous?". Turns out he also writes for Examiner.com (a hotbed of bunk), and has a book called "Doomsday 2012: The UFO Phenomenon". He's got about 100 UFO type posts on Examiner.com.

Examiner.com (and seemingly gather.com) is basically a "content farm", like ehow.com - endless streams of banal content that someone knocked out in a few minutes for a few dollars. All aimed at pulling in clicks, so they can sell ads.

So yeah, there's a clear profit motive in promoting bunk. The content creators seem to be doing it purely with the intent of getting readers, and are totally unconcerned with reality. It's how the supermarket tabloids have evolved onto the internet.

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that in the 'conspiracy theorist crowd' there are 2 types of people; people that seek to be influential and make a buck selling the conspiracy BS, and the other people that are 'true believers' and honestly believe that crap. When I see someone so avidly promoting conspiracy websites and their BS I am thinking that he is one of the persons seeking to gain by spreading that BS. I am wondering if there has been any other documentation of the conspiracy theory profiteers paying people to endorse and spread their conspiracy theories and web sites?[/QUOTE] Although I agree with these two definitions I believe you left out the third possibility, that conspiracies exist. There are many though history, and to completely and fully trust our media, our government, our propoganda (ex: WMD's in Iraq) then you are a fool.

Although I agree with these two definitions I believe you left out the third possibility, that conspiracies exist. There are many though history, and to completely and fully trust our media, our government, our propoganda (ex: WMD's in Iraq) then you are a fool.
That may be true, but mind that - on the other hand - the general "conspiracy theorist crowd" seems ready to believe the wildest claims on YouTube and Facebook.
Why not apply the same caution there?

Example: in videos and image captions, you will often find the claim that 'normal' contrails dissipate in few minutes, so trails that stay for a long time must be chemtrails.
This is a completely bogus assumption, but people are still parroting it in discussions without checking the base of that claim (who brought it up first, was this person qualified, what is the state of science ?) ...

That may be true, but mind that - on the other hand - the general "conspiracy theorist crowd" seems ready to believe the wildest claims on YouTube and Facebook.
Why not apply the same caution there?

Example: in videos and image captions, you will often find the claim that 'normal' contrails dissipate in few minutes, so trails that stay for a long time must be chemtrails.
This is a completely bogus assumption, but people are still parroting it in discussions without checking the base of that claim (who brought it up first, was this person qualified, what is the state of science ?) ...

JF, then we both agree, use caution when reviewing claims. Or, as it is within the courts, if something is wrong look to a motive, there is always a motive involved in ones actions. Why state WMD's in Iraq? Mutiple motives behind this, but the primary motives are 2, secure oil and he put a hit out on my dad, thus a conspiracy was developed to accomplish his goals and fulfill his motives. $$$ and revenge, the two top motivators in any criminal activity.

Who brought it up first?

Larry Wayne Harris sold books and helped others sell colloidal silver water.
Next came William Thomas, who sold vitamins he said would protect you from chemtrails.
Thomas allied with John Hammell who still sells sulfur he says will protect you from chemtrails.
Jeff Rense and Art Bell both promoted the hoax on radio and internet through the first five years, they sell advertising and wanted to attract traffic.
The owner of chemtrailcentral.com, once the hub of activity for the whole milieu, tried to establish himself as a clearinghouse for all things conspiracy.
Steadham called it the "X- Network", and it was a very ambitious project to get click revenue which never panned out.
Michael J. Murphy was unemployed, he sought money for his first movie from G. Edward Griffin who sells all sorts of stuff and does endorsements and gets click-through ad revenue.

I could go on and on, but to my knowledge there has NEVER been a shortage of folks working to make a buck off of chemtrails.

Why state WMD's in Iraq? Mutiple motives behind this, but the primary motives are 2, secure oil and he put a hit out on my dad, thus a conspiracy was developed to accomplish his goals and fulfill his motives.
The Iraq WMD affair is actually an interesting example. I agree it was a conspiracy of the top government - and a rather bungled one. Few people outside the U.S. were convinced by the "evidence", and critical voices inside were hesitant to call the bluff loudly enough, fearing being labelled 'unpatriotic'.

The conspirators were not even able to plant actual evidence during the chaos of the Iraq war.

On the other hand, if chemical spraying on a global scale were a reality, imagine how big the conspiracy would have to be. Tens of thousands of aircraft engineers, ground technicians, chemical suppliers would have to be involved. Pilots would have to know about the additional load to correct their weight balance calculations.
And all this is running like a clockwork, with no hiccups and no whistleblowers?

What would a news broadcaster pay for a story like this - and no takers, in a slumped-down economy?

I don't know about you, but I find all this totally implausible.

JF, then we both agree, use caution when reviewing claims. Or, as it is within the courts, if something is wrong look to a motive, there is always a motive involved in ones actions. Why state WMD's in Iraq? Mutiple motives behind this, but the primary motives are 2, secure oil and he put a hit out on my dad, thus a conspiracy was developed to accomplish his goals and fulfill his motives. $$$ and revenge, the two top motivators in any criminal activity.

I'm not sure that oil and "he tried to kill my dad" would be at the top of my list.

I'd be more inclined to think the neo-com "here's an opportunity to bring democracy to the Middle East and save them from their heathen ways" BS would have been high on the list. Oil and "hitman" were, IMO, happy coincidence.

I noticed in another thread the link to the globalskywatch's page on how to make money pushing the Chemtrail agenda, which is yet another piece of the puzzle why some people are such avid proponents of selling conspiracy theories to others, despite the fact that what they are saying is evidence has been debunked.

$$$.JPG

and it is no surprise to see that Russ Tanner of globalskywatch is a Facebook friend of socal skywatch.

FBFriend.JPG

Just to further explain one of the ways that people can be paid by posting links to the conspiracy profiteers websites, I want to offer the explanation of the pay per click business model:

Pay per click (PPC) (also called cost per click) is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, in which advertisers pay the publisher (typically a website owner) when the ad is clicked. It is defined simply as “the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked
Content from External Source

Last edited:
In last night's conference call, Russ Tanner admitted he had no qualms about using "Fear Based Marketing" tactics, even though he had seen our criticism of his advocation on this forum. He also called for his followers to connect every possible health concern with "chemtrails" even if there is no evidence for it. Basically, they are planning to blame anything and everything on chemtrails.

In last night's conference call, Russ Tanner admitted he had no qualms about using "Fear Based Marketing" tactics, even though he had seen our criticism of his advocation on this forum. He also called for his followers to connect every possible health concern with "chemtrails" even if there is no evidence for it. Basically, they are planning to blame anything and everything on chemtrails.

They aren't doing this already?

If you want to see some real 'shilling' of fear, Check out Debra Dupree's posts on the Examiner. Especially those about the sinkhole in Louisiana.

She has managed to link the BP blowout, the sinkhole, a meteor shower and explosions at an army weapon's depot together. And folks believe her, hook, link, sinker

This is classic. On facebook he first 'likes' the meteorologist, then she accepts his friend request and then he attacks her when she doesn't agree with the chemtrail BS.1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

More evidence of conspiracy sites paying per hit on site, supporting the supposition that people are shilling on craigslist for the conspiracy websites.

writerssought3.JPG
site.JPG

This is classic. On facebook he first 'likes' the meteorologist, then she accepts his friend request and then he attacks her when she doesn't agree with the chemtrail BS

That was a painful read. Truly despicable behavior from a gang of nutcases. If there is ever only one reason for me to debunk chemtrails, I think it would be because of people like those.

That was a painful read. Truly despicable behavior from a gang of nutcases. If there is ever only one reason for me to debunk chemtrails, I think it would be because of people like those.
Yeah, the self-righteousness of the truly delusional is sickening.

Oddly enough it seems that he is posting on beforeitsnews under more than one identity. This time making claims of police harassment of protesters, when all the cops are doing is assuring that they stay to the sidewalk.

2.JPG

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 634
This individual has at least 4 Facebook chemtrail pages he has started (plus other blogs):

https://www.facebook.com/socalskywatch?ref=ts&fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Diego-Chemtrails/496348250403666
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Skies-San-Diego/464896093535878
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailychemtrail/

And he then tells people "San Diego Chemtrails This is going on all over the world,Christina! Type in "Chemtrail" in the facebook search box, and look at all the pages that comes up!"

Capture.JPG

Oddly enough it seems that he is posting on beforeitsnews under more than one identity. This time making claims of police harassment of protesters, when all the cops are doing is assuring that they stay to the sidewalk.

By virtue of the loose definition of conspiracy damn near anything that involves two or more people discussing a way to accomplish something can be called a conspiracy. Harassment is somewhat analogous. No matter, wherever there is money to be made, legitimately or not, someone will take advantage of the situation and the sheep will be shorn with no compunction.

Not sure what this website is planning to be about, but based on this ad I found on Craigslist, this seems to be yet another scam to profit by promoting chemtrails.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/sks/3899578063.html

ARe you a for profit? Ready to enjoy Paradise. (Henderson and Las Vegas)

You think I'm small? Yeah, I am.
Dynamite comes in SMALL packages. EXPLODES!:)
YOU GOT BUSINESS?
I KNOW...WHERE'S THE DEAL?

Right here, with the Environmental Business Network Community Campaign.
We're the ones with the checkered Racing flags.

*Professional Business Growth Advocacy.
*Business and Community Development and Promotion.

Hi, my name is Jacqueline Garcia-Green dba Environmental Business Network Community Campaign, Since 2000. A for profit- Group Promotional Campaign

We make promotion of your services and products affordable and meaningful, to your customer and you. We know it takes our entire community working together to create and live in Paradise. You can't just sweep NASCAR and other industries under the rug. We know it takes the backbone of America and of all Countries, the for profits, to 'Stabilize and Grow' economies. Black, white, red, yellow, green; Business society is the one thing we, butchers, bakers, auto makers, have in common. We take care of families- our communities, with real work now.

We are slashing our prices to stir the economy-- and bring in as many of our fellow associates in businesses society, as possible before July 5, 2013.
We are having a relaunch July 4th powered by PRO Manager. An innovative technology that will allow major promotion. Our prices will go back to the normal fees, July 5, 2013, with our for profit relaunch and launch of our Non profit education starting with Geo engineering aka chemtrails (green logos).

YOU ARE THE REAL HERO'S, in our slumping country. TAKE advantage of the timing. Let's get you started making long lasting relationships and the
c o m f o r t you deserve.

"Playing hard and living easy!"
Jac :)
www.readytoenjoyparadise.com
cell: 702.771.2670

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
I had been curious to find out more about "The Business Model" project and found the page at geoengineeringwatch that gives detailed instructions of how to promote the conspiracy theory....

$R6IMABF.JPG $R136YR2.JPG $R7KWTKY.JPG
to play devils advocate...I don't know. ive seen similar stuff on causes that aren't conspiracies too. haven't seen them specifically mention a kick back, but since you always link back to their main web pages and the donation button is right there...

Here is an instance where the chemtrail recruiter has been recruiting from another conspiracy activist group, though even other members of the 9/11 truth group are puzzled why this person is conflating the two conspiracies.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Back