Collapse of 12 Story Building in Miami Beach

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/us/miami-beach-building-collapse/index.html
Any tall building collapse is interesting in the context of 9/11 Controlled Demolition conspiracy theories. In this case the building was being prepped for controlled demolition, which probably means that some columns and shear walls would have been cut or removed to aid the collapse. Since there was no reports of explosions it seems like some engineers badly miscalculated and this weakening of the structure caused the collapse.

Of note is a large expanding cloud of dust.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Blk_BKGnkGO/?utm_source=ig_embed

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
So no explosives were used. The building was in the process of being demolished "by conventional methods" - presumably meaning things like cutting and jack-hammering.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article215352400.html

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
At 1:02 in this video
Source: https://youtu.be/6G4PmwH5m9Y?t=1m2s

you can see they have removed a lot of the floors and cut some columns, and then initiate a collapse by pulling one key column. This seems like a rather unsafe technique. Presumably in the current collapse they were very near this stage, but something happened to trigger the collapse too early.
Metabunk 2018-07-23 15-44-12.jpg

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Toddbrook Dam Collapse, Whaley Bridge, UK Current Events 14
Mick West Explained: Flashes of Light During the World Trade Center Collapse 9/11 5
Mick West A wider perspective on the WTC7 collapse 9/11 2
C Goldman Sachs' plume of smoke during WTC2's collapse [Probably diesel generators starting] 9/11 31
Miss VocalCord São Paulo High Rise Fire and Collapse - Wilton Paes de Almeida Building Current Events 87
Tony Szamboti Sound Analysis of Plasco Collapse 9/11 45
Mick West WTC7 Smoke Movement Before and After Penthouse Collapse 9/11 7
John85 How could the interior collapse in WTC7 Move West Without More Visible Exterior Damage 9/11 63
Mick West Kai Kostack's WTC7 Collapse Simulation using BCB and Blender 9/11 10
Mick West Spillway Failure and Possible Collapse of Guajataca Dam, Puerto Rico Oroville Dam 5
benthamitemetric Atlanta I-85 Freeway Fire and Collapse - World Trade Center Comparisons 9/11 9
Mick West A virtual model illustrating some aspects of the collapse of the WTC Towers Tools for Investigating and Debunking 132
Mick West Debunked: FEMA Predicting ''Imminent Oroville Dam Collapse" Oroville Dam 0
Mick West AE911 Truth Forced to Claim Plasco Collapse is an Inside Job 9/11 336
Whitebeard Tehran Plasco Highrise Fire And Collapse - 9/11 WTC7, WTC1&2 Comparisons 9/11 84
Mick West How Buckling Led to "Free Fall" acceleration for part of WTC7's Collapse. 9/11 127
aka How does this Domino Tower Collapse relate to 9/11 Collapses 9/11 75
Mick West Towards A Replicable Physical Model Illustrating Aspects of the Collapse of The WTC Towers on 9/11 9/11 442
MikeG Debunked: The Baltic Dry Index as an indicator of economic collapse General Discussion 4
T How Does This Failed Demolition Relate to the Collapse of the WTC Towers? 9/11 14
trevor The pre-collapse inward bowing of WTC2 9/11 252
lemonlover Debunked: NIST's collapse theory contradicts Newton's Third Law of Motion 9/11 183
Guardian Society Collapse Imminent General Discussion 23
FuzzyUK "Geoengineering And The Collapse Of Earth 2014", a Dane Wigington presentation Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Jason Aluminum-Water Explosions Theory of Collapse, Christian Simensen 9/11 17
Mick West Photos of Street After Impact, Before Collapse, Possible Passport 9/11 15
Hitstirrer Kuttler's paper: Estimates for time to collapse of WTC1 9/11 262
Mick West What would a new WTC7 Collapse Investigation look like? 9/11 127
Oxymoron WTC 5 Damage vs WTC 7 Collapse 9/11 6
Alchemist Collapse of the Twin Towers 9/11 21
Josh Heuer The Uniqueness of the WTC7 Collapse 9/11 528
Oxymoron Discussion: 9/11 WTC: AE911's "Pyroclastic Flow" collapse dust clouds 9/11 16
Cairenn Colony collapse disorder and bee's diet Science and Pseudoscience 0
Grieves BBC's Jane Standley Premature reporting of the collapse of WTC 7 (Building 7) 9/11 13
Mick West Debunked: 9/11 WTC: AE911's "Pyroclastic Flow" collapse dust clouds 9/11 9
cheeple Global Economic Collapse coming and the Gold/silver rule Conspiracy Theories 32
lee h oswald 9/11: Is this photo consistent with a progressive collapse? 9/11 962
V My story Escaping The Rabbit Hole 0
R My story (and struggle with mental illness) Escaping The Rabbit Hole 4
Martin M Beard Martin M Beard - What Happened? - My Story Escaping The Rabbit Hole 7
CeruleanBlu CBS San Fransico local news story about Marine Cloud Brightening Project. Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Rusty Far Eye flight MH370 Sorcha Faal Hoax Story Conspiracy Theories 5
Mick West Debunked: Internet Death Hoax Story Generator on MediaMass General Discussion 5
Mackdog My story of how I came into the CT movement and how I got out. Escaping The Rabbit Hole 20
MichaelStox NY Mag Covers Michael Hastings Story Conspiracy Theories 3
scombrid NPR Story on Geoengineering: Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Chuck CWC's transition story Practical Debunking 0
J Janet D's Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory Story (Part I) Escaping The Rabbit Hole 7
J Janet D's Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory Story (Part I) Escaping The Rabbit Hole 0
Jesse3959 FE Debunked with water tube level - 187 foot building 21.2 miles away below eye level Flat Earth 0
Related Articles

Related Articles