Claims of Green Screen and that US Marine Sentries at Biden speech in Philadelphia weren't really there.

I believe the reason that this is occurring is due to differences in camera magnification and angles. The main camera that is filming Biden and his surroundings appears to be zoomed in, likely from afar, and at a higher elevation. The phone in the audience is similarly as far as the camera, I believe, but is not zoomed in. So it captures a much wider shot of the environment. Why the soldiers don't appear on the persons phone is because the soldiers are many feet behind Biden, and the camera is filming from a lower angle. The reason they show up on the main broadcast is due to the camera being higher than the people in the crowd, perhaps on the same elevation as Biden

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The phone appears in the broadcast during the first seconds of the YouTube video for the speech. It appears to be filming at a different angle, or perhaps zoomed in. I think I may be able to see a soldier?{27010A25-F433-4D09-AF3F-D6B1CBD957CB}.png

Angle is not an important factor

The important factors are:
-distances
-focal length
-perspective distortion
-focus

- The TV camera has a long focal length (telephoto) lens. Someone not familiar with perspective distortion might assume the phone is close to the President. It's not. Therefore the display on the phone is in poor focus. It's much closer to the TV camera than is the President. Too close to be in good focus.
-The phone is much farther away from the Marines than a naïve person might think. Perspective distortion again. Notice when the President and First Lady walk toward the door, how long it takes them to reach it.
- The camera on the phone has a short focal length (wide angle) lens, making the images small. The images of the Marines on the display are much smaller than a naïve person might expect. Note how much of the building (Independence Hall?) is visible in the display. Note how small the image of the lectern is on the display. And It's a long way from the lectern to the door.
-The display on the phone is a small part of the overall frame, reducing the size of the images even more.
- Must be some quirks involving a video camera capturing a video display that I don't know much about.

Last edited:
Certainly quite a long lens, likely telephoto. It "flattens" the perspective (looks like a flat 2D scene). Below is an example, (a) is wide angle, (b) is tele.
Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 18.33.21.png

Last edited:
there are marines there. they are just blurry as hell (like the rest of the back drop.) black tops, white pants. although the flags i cant make out

1662400895386.png

the premise doesn't even make sense, if it was a green screen then the wall and door wouldnt be there either.

The premise doesn't even make sense, if it was a green screen then the wall and door wouldnt be there either.
Deirdre, I don't think you understand the principles of a "green screen" at all. If it were filmed in front of a green screen, then the background could be any darn thing the photographers chose to put there.

Deirdre, I don't think you understand the principles of a "green screen" at all. If it were filmed in front of a green screen, then the background could be any darn thing the photographers chose to put there.
ah you think CNN edited the guys phone green screen with different footage then the footage they used on the green screen behind biden?

possibly. that idea never occurred to me.

I live in Philadelphia. If it was a hoax and the President was not here they went whole hog on the deception. Road closures, areas cordoned off, balconies made off limits.

The premise confuses me. Assume that whatever bit of fakery is being faked were going on -- why mess about with green screens and the like when real Marines (or, with paranoia set to "Maximum," folks in rented costumes) would be easy and much less susceptible to mechanical failure. Under what circumstances would using a green screen for this be needed? To what end?

ah you think CNN edited the guys phone green screen with different footage then the footage they used on the green screen behind biden?

possibly. that idea never occurred to me.
No. No, that's not what I said at all. You missed that important word "IF" in your own sentence. "IF it was a green screen...".

No. No, that's not what I said at all. You missed that important word "IF" in your own sentence. "IF it was a green screen...".
no i meant, that's what you think the OP claimant is saying. obviously i dont think you personally would ever think Biden was faking anything ever :)

The premise confuses me. Assume that whatever bit of fakery is being faked were going on -- why mess about with green screens and the like when real Marines (or, with paranoia set to "Maximum," folks in rented costumes) would be easy and much less susceptible to mechanical failure. Under what circumstances would using a green screen for this be needed? To what end?
That's my reaction to 99% of these silly "green screen" claims.
Any time any thing looks a tiny bit odd, from any angle,
it seems that some folks need to create an entire wacky narrative, in which someone
allegedly goes to great lengths (and risks)...to achieve precisely nothing of import.

Here's something similar in terms of a view from two cameras visible at the same time, with different settings, in a photo I took in San Francisco in 2015.

My view (long zoom/narrow angle) is clearly very different to that through the camera of the tablet (wide angle) that the guy is , with none of the apparently nearby features (e.g. the "California St" sign) visible in on the tablet screen.

No "green screen" required.
P1030692.JPG

Here's the alternative focus, albeit with a little less zoom on my camera, showing the scene in the distance in focus.P1030688.JPG

Back