Claim: TSA allowing illegals to fly without verifiable ID

E**

The purported claim is that the government is allowing illegals to fly unrestricted with no real ID only their notice to appear forms while legal citizens have to put up with invasive TSA regulations:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ithout-Verifiable-ID-Says-Border-Patrol-Union

“This is not the CBP [Customs and Border Protection] or another federal agency renting or leasing an aircraft, these are the same planes that the American public uses for domestic travel,” said Garza. “This just adds insult to injury. Not only are we releasing unknown illegal aliens onto American streets, but we are allowing them to travel commercially using paperwork that could easily be reproduced or manipulated on any home computer. The Notice to Appear form has no photo, anyone can make one and manipulate one. They do not have any security features, no watermark, nothing. They are simply printed on standard copy paper based on the information the illegal alien says is the truth.”

Spokesman Garza continued, “We do not know who these people are, we often have to solely rely on who they say they are, where they say they came from, and the history they say they have. We know nothing about most of them, ICE releases them into the American public, and now they are boarding aircraft at will with a simple paper document that anyone can easily alter or reproduce themselves.”
Content from External Source
In the documents posted in a follow up article supposedly proving the TSA "lied" this proves untrue:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...owed-to-fly-without-id-just-notice-to-appear/

The TSA was not lying as it did not let illegal aliens fly with just an I-862 form, if an undocumented individual had just an I-862 form DHS would be contacted and the passenger would be screened until their identity was verified.

TSA conducts identity verification to make sure that the individual who is attempting to enter the screening checkpoint is the same individual listed on the boarding pass, and therefore has undergone watchlist matching.
An individual who presents a Form I-862 has been processed by DHS. The process includes a biographic systems check, and a biometric systems check against both the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) and the Automated Biometric Identification System(IDENT) prior to the issuance of Form I-862.
If the Form I-862 is the only form of identificationin the person's possession, TSA verifies that individual's identity with CBP. If TSA is unable to verify the individual's identity, the individual is denied access to the security checkpoint.Any passenger who uses the Form I-862 form to establish identity undergoes additional screening before being allowed into the sterile area of the airport.
This also puts the passenger under extra scrutiny:

If TSA is able to verify the passenger's identity through CBP, we require the passenger to undergo additional screening before being permitted to enter the sterile area of the airport
The articles and the comments make is sound as if they are just coming and going as they please.

Back