Claim: Original Calvine UFO Photo

NorCal Dave

Senior Member.
Perhaps you need to rethink the "island and reflection" theory. Occam's razor suggests that to be far more likely than secret and mysterious craft, or the sci-fi-like "anti-gravity" hypotheses.
I didn't think I was being that obtuse. At this point I would put the "anti-gravity" option WELL below the reflection one. As I've said in other threads, I'll buy it if someone comes out and says that's what they did or someone can find the place and get something similar in a picture. Doesn't need a plane and can have ripples, just something that shows here is where it happened.

My main negative with the reflection theory is the amount of composing that happened with the island/rock, fence, trees and a compliant aircraft. That, along with the existence of the other two similar photos of tress, aircraft and UFO and my own experiments showing something like the photo can be made in camera with simple techniques, has me leaning hoax at this point. Edit: I should note the reflection theory is also a hoax, assuming it was being passed off as a UFO/stealth craft. We're basically debating techniques for creating the hoax.

Last edited:

Mauro

My main negative with the reflection theory is the amount of composing that happened with the island/rock, fence, trees and a compliant aircraft.
The reflection hypothesis gets easier if the 'aircraft' interpretation of the smudge in the lower right of the picture is replaced by it being something else on the surface of the water (or sticking out of the water).

I 'romantically' like the reflection theory because the photo would then be quite an exceptional one, taken with the right weather and light conditions (and more) to create the illusion of being taken against the sky, a really cool shot! But at this point the 'staged' theory looks a lot more probable.

JMartJr

Thanks Duke!
Would your best guess be that the folks getting a UFO report like this at MoD would likely have been given that level of information, as it might be handy in evaluating UFO reports, or that they would likely not be read in on it, or option 3: who knows?

Duke

Thanks Duke!
Would your best guess be that the folks getting a UFO report like this at MoD would likely have been given that level of information, as it might be handy in evaluating UFO reports, or that they would likely not be read in on it, or option 3: who knows?
I asked Nick Pope that question, and he did a great job of avoiding giving me a straight answer.