Cigar UFO vs airplane

J

johne1618

Mufon case 117204

This video purportedly taken on Aug 7th 2021 in Los Angeles shows a cigar-shaped object together with a couple of airplanes. It seems to be clearly different from the plane in the distance making a contrail.

Several weird things here that initially led me to believe it was an internal reflection, but other things tell me that's less likely.

1) At 5.7s the streak splits into 2 parallel streaks for a single frame, not a motion-blur stretching (as seen 2s later), but 2 clear separate streaks. That seemed like an optical aberration of some sort, such as some additional reflection were the thing filmed behind glass (thus possibly putting the cause of the streak in the room with the filmer).
2) The glare at 9.5s is fairly extreme, the inverse square law makes me think "close" rather than "distant"
3) My parenthetical comment in (1) seems impossible due to it passing behind the tree at 10.5s and 13.3s. Unless the tree is also inside the building, with noisy birds, which seems unlikely - do we know where was this filmed? (Also, these occlusions point towards what we're seeing being long and thin, not just motion blurred.)
4) Non-linear motion at ~14.5s seems less like he motion of something "out there", but more like a reflection again, and more the result of the movement of the camera than the object. However, it's also just the classic parallax effect, presumably she moved the camera translationally rather than just rotationally at that point, and the relative velocities of the tree and the streak changed.

File it in the "that's curious - can you zoom in a bit *less* next time, so we can understand the context of the movement better?" draw.

I must say, deirdre, you are astonishing with your archive navigation skills, this is the N+1th time you've nailed it.
i think he is purposefully using vids that are easy to find to make MUFON look "bad". (not that they investigate every vid uploaded to their site)

1) At 5.7s the streak splits into 2 parallel streaks for a single frame, not a motion-blur stretching (as seen 2s later), but 2 clear separate streaks.
is that at the very top of the video? ive got it at like 34 sconds in this youtube vid:

but the whole thing between 30 secs and 40 secs..it cant be one object because it goes behind the tree travelign to her right, then it just appears less tehn a sec later, way to the left of the tree .

Source: https://youtu.be/QkqlF-WuR5E?t=28

this does look like a window frame... maybe the bottom of the window is open though because the jet and brids are loud.

edit add: or maybe its a slider window so there are actually 4 pieces of glass she is filming through?
1628437605570.png

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
t the whole thing between 30 secs and 40 secs..it cant be one object because it goes behind the tree travelign to her right, then it just appears less tehn a sec later, way to the left of the tree
What if the filmer moved to the left between the two moments we see the object, to get the tree out of the way?

I didn't put the report on MUFON originally. I'm just cross-posting here from the MUFON database. I didn't realize that the video has been on the internet since November 2019.
Please avoid posting random MUFON cases unless A) they have been extensively promoted elsewhere, and/or B) you put in some actual analysis yourself to explain why it's of interest.

There's just far to many of them.

this does look like a window frame... maybe the bottom of the window is open though because the jet and brids are loud.
edit add: or maybe its a slider window so there are actually 4 pieces of glass she is filming through?
Yup, as soon as I played your youtube vid, I shouted "aha!" - windows in the way would bring back the "it's inside rather than outside" possibility. Was the shorter clip deliberately edited to remove that clue, he asks her conspiratorially...

Back