CDC morgellons study out - it's all in your mind

MikeC

Closed Account
And as expected nothing - CBS report

The study cost nearly $600,000. Its long-awaited results, released Wednesday, conclude that Morgellons exists only in the patients' minds.

"We found no infectious cause," said Mark Eberhard, a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official who was part of the 15-member study team.

I don't expect it will lower the "incidence" tho :(

It was expected. Yet I'm still rather saddened that it's continued to be portrayed as "all in their minds". The problem is that the patients see that as a rejection and trivialization of their symptoms. Even if the symptoms are somatic, the answer is not "you are crazy, go away." Too often though that's how the press portrays it.

I wrote this article on the topic four years ago:

http://morgellonswatch.com/2007/11/18/dismissed-as-psychological/

It's probably not going to reduce the actual incidence though. The Morgellons community has reacted with disappointment, anger, and resignation to this news.

Some typical responses:

Central Disinformation Control Releases Fake Data on Morgellons

Wow - I wonder why the CDC is trying so hard to hide what Morgellons actually is. They are trying to say that the fibers are common debris, such as from clothing again.
Clearly, a different, more competent organization should be studying Morgellons - not the CDC.
I wonder when Aids was discovered did the CDC mess that one up at the beginning of studies or were they by passed by Drs. at Universities that discovered the condition. If I remember right the Aids victims were accused of imagining their disease and picking on their self and causing sores. Now they know better. May CDC eat crow in the near future.

Well, now my (our) chance for justice is completly f*cked!!
Thanks a lot, CDC.

Wankers.

Well there you have it. Absolutely idiotic & shameful but considering it comes from the Centers for Disease Creation I am hardly surprised. They are under the authority of the military and since the military has obviously been involved in spreading Morgellons through chemtrails (Morgellons pathogens have been found in the chemtrails fallout encased in some type of artificial lattice) one can hardly expect involved government agencies to rat themselves out or take steps to expose what is really going on.

Last edited:
Yes - and add to that the stigma that "mental illness" usually carries in the western world I really don't see this changing anything.

As with other conspiracy theories the believers are not looking for evidence - they are looking for confirmation.

Re "looking for confirmation", a common theme with Morgellons, (and now chemtrails), is doing some test and hoping for a positive result. They actually want their test for lyme disease, or aluminum, or barium, to come back positive, as it will confirm their belief. The actual science, what's actually going on, is not as important.

Back