CDC morgellons study out - it's all in your mind

MikeC

Closed Account
And as expected nothing - CBS report

The study cost nearly $600,000. Its long-awaited results, released Wednesday, conclude that Morgellons exists only in the patients' minds.

"We found no infectious cause," said Mark Eberhard, a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official who was part of the 15-member study team.

I don't expect it will lower the "incidence" tho :(

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It was expected. Yet I'm still rather saddened that it's continued to be portrayed as "all in their minds". The problem is that the patients see that as a rejection and trivialization of their symptoms. Even if the symptoms are somatic, the answer is not "you are crazy, go away." Too often though that's how the press portrays it.

I wrote this article on the topic four years ago:

http://morgellonswatch.com/2007/11/18/dismissed-as-psychological/

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably not going to reduce the actual incidence though. The Morgellons community has reacted with disappointment, anger, and resignation to this news.

Some typical responses:

Central Disinformation Control Releases Fake Data on Morgellons

Wow - I wonder why the CDC is trying so hard to hide what Morgellons actually is. They are trying to say that the fibers are common debris, such as from clothing again.
Clearly, a different, more competent organization should be studying Morgellons - not the CDC.
I wonder when Aids was discovered did the CDC mess that one up at the beginning of studies or were they by passed by Drs. at Universities that discovered the condition. If I remember right the Aids victims were accused of imagining their disease and picking on their self and causing sores. Now they know better. May CDC eat crow in the near future.

Well, now my (our) chance for justice is completly f*cked!!
Thanks a lot, CDC.

Wankers.

Well there you have it. Absolutely idiotic & shameful but considering it comes from the Centers for Disease Creation I am hardly surprised. They are under the authority of the military and since the military has obviously been involved in spreading Morgellons through chemtrails (Morgellons pathogens have been found in the chemtrails fallout encased in some type of artificial lattice) one can hardly expect involved government agencies to rat themselves out or take steps to expose what is really going on.

Last edited:

MikeC

Closed Account
Yes - and add to that the stigma that "mental illness" usually carries in the western world I really don't see this changing anything.

As with other conspiracy theories the believers are not looking for evidence - they are looking for confirmation.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Re "looking for confirmation", a common theme with Morgellons, (and now chemtrails), is doing some test and hoping for a positive result. They actually want their test for lyme disease, or aluminum, or barium, to come back positive, as it will confirm their belief. The actual science, what's actually going on, is not as important.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
MikeC Carnicom institute morgellons study Health and Quackery 0
Mick West Photos in Middelveen's & Stricker's Morgellons papers that look like Stellate Trichomes. General Discussion 4
Gabriel Incertis Claim: MOREGELLON'S Is Patent US 6245531 And It Is Not A Disease Health and Quackery 6
JRBids Morgellons. Disembowling insect video. [Horsehair worm, nematomorph parasite] Health and Quackery 10
Mick West Morgellons on Joe Rogan Questions Everything Health and Quackery 43
Oxymoron Morgellons fibers and crystals General Discussion 66
ThorGoLucky The Telegraph: Morgellons Disease continues to defeat scientists Health and Quackery 7
M Morgellons "An infestation that begins in the mind." General Discussion 0
Leifer Morgellons.... Health and Quackery 33
F Ramazzini Study on RF effects in Rats 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 21
Oystein Final Report: Hulsey/AE911Truth's WTC7 Study 9/11 24
JFDee NY Times Article about YouTube CT Study General Discussion 2
Rory Debunked: Study shows link between menstrual cycle and the moon Health and Quackery 30
Mick West Debunked: UAF Study Shows WTC7 Could Not Have Collapsed from Fire 9/11 43
MikeG Debunked: Mike Adam's Claims Regarding HPV "Shock Study" Health and Quackery 5
mrfintoil Study: When Debunking Scientific Myths Fails (and When It Does Not) Practical Debunking 3
deirdre study on how to 'sway people' Practical Debunking 0
Critical Thinker Study: 'On the Viability of Conspiratorial Beliefs Practical Debunking 10
M Claim: Study finds nearly all scientific papers controlled by six corporations? Conspiracy Theories 1
Balance Met Office - Case Study Contrail-induced Cirrus Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Pete Tar Debunked: Most recent NASA study shows ice growth in Antartica Science and Pseudoscience 15
Leifer Bumblebee Pupae Contain High Levels of Aluminium General Discussion 15
MikeC Jet fuel damages human cells - study Health and Quackery 16
derwoodii Claim: Photo shows control rats with tumors in Séralini study Conspiracy Theories 10
RFMarine 1240 Scientists Demand Seralini GMO Study be Republished Health and Quackery 21
Leifer Gov’t Study: 75% of AIR and Rain Samples Tested Positive for Roundup ?? Science and Pseudoscience 5
Leifer "FCC Commissioner Warns of Agency’s Plan to Monitor Newsrooms" study ? General Discussion 2
Mick West Debunking "Contrails don't Persist" with a Study of 70 Years of Books on Clouds Contrails and Chemtrails 98
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars Study: Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile General Discussion 25
David Fraser They study Human Engineering for Climate Change. Conspiracy Theories 0
Mick West Debunked: Monsanto and USAF School of Aerospace Medicine chemtrail study 1977 Contrails and Chemtrails 22
walliswallis OU Study: Use of the Word "Sheep" Effective in Defeating Reason Practical Debunking 9
dizzle Dartmouth study about fluoride Conspiracy Theories 3
JFDee Study: "Dead and Alive: Beliefs in Contradictory Conspiracy Theories" General Discussion 19
MikeG Blasey Ford Mind Control Experiments Conspiracy Theories 8
Clock Roseanne Barr: “MK ULTRA Mind Control Rules in Hollywood” Conspiracy Theories 5
Oxymoron U.S. Seeks World Domination Through Mind Control, Abuse of Force and Lies Conspiracy Theories 2
Pete Tar Website overview of the chemtrail mind control plot. Contrails and Chemtrails 1
MikeC 10 outlandish things the 'scientific' controllers have in mind for you Conspiracy Theories 4
J Charlie Veitch - 9/11 Change Of Mind 9/11 1
Related Articles

Related Articles