Carnivora

F4Jock

Senior Member.
Been hearing lots about this stuff lately re it's ability to bolster one's immune system to attack "abnormal cells." (Read that cancer.) Research I've done says it's expensive snake oil.

Any comments or observations? IMO advertising for garbage like this should be pulled! I've heard claims for "supplements" before but this is beyond the pale!

Disclaimer on their webpage states:

This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease in the United States.

Where do I sign up???

Snake oil to me---cures cancer, hepatitis, Lyme, even allergies

Carnivora is the 100 percent absolutely PURE PHYTONUTRIENT EXTRACT and CAPSULE of Dionaea Muscipula, the particular species of the venus flytrap plant. Development of this extract began in Germany in the late 1970's by German physician Dr. Helmut Keller.

This specific German technology employs a method of manufacturing that yields the 100 percent pure capsule product and pure liquid extract. Our 100% PURE Liquid Extract product is not even diluted with water. It is entirely free of alcohol, glycerin, propylene glycol and all other toxic excipients and fillers.

Nothing is added. Nothing is deleted.

Our Capsule product is also 100% PURE - not even diluted with water. It contains silica and cellulose powder - non-toxic to humans and animals.

There is NO other.

We are the SOLE manufacturer of Carnivora around the world.
Content from External Source

Can You Cure Cancer, Hepatitis C, and Allergies With One Supplement?
http://alternativecancercenter.com/...epatitis-c-and-allergies-with-one-supplement/

Disclaimer on their webpage states:

This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease in the United States.

Where do I sign up???

Yeah! Of course to legally sell this (or similar) crap this disclaimer has to be included. About half of my close relatives have died of one form of cancer or another. This is not only cruel but advertising it (radio) goes far beyond tasteless. Think Laetrile. Remember that fraud?

My dad was a pharmacist, and he had a history of cancer. I got to hear him rant about all the snake oil treatments.

I-See-What-You-Did-There.png

can you cure? hahahahaha

"Our Capsule product is also 100% PURE - not even diluted with water. It contains silica and cellulose powder"

So its not pure.

Yeah! Of course to legally sell this (or similar) crap this disclaimer has to be included. About half of my close relatives have died of one form of cancer or another. This is not only cruel but advertising it (radio) goes far beyond tasteless. Think Laetrile. Remember that fraud?

No. We have quite tight advertising regulations on the UK. Pharma companies don't have the same clout like they appear to do in the US.

No. We have quite tight advertising regulations on the UK. Pharma companies don't have the same clout like they appear to do in the US.
This fraud isn't pharma. It's a so-called dietary supplement thus is subject to practically no regulation other than a disclaimer. I listen to Coast-to-Coast radio some nights when I can't sleep. It's usually pretty harmless entertainment and some legitimate guests are actually informative, but a while ago I heard the regular host, or George Noory, actually begin participating in hawking this dreck. Now I know that he's in the business of making money but he's got to be intelligent enough to understand that, considering who this ad is targeting, this is not only tasteless but borders on fraudulent. I'm really boiling about this!

Yeah there is a law against claiming to cure cancer. They sneak around that by saying it kills "abnormal" cells. The thing that rubbed my rhubarb the wrong way was their use of Ronald Reagan. In the 80s "only the President" could get it. Seriously WTF!!! Was this garbage classified or banned, because those are the only 2 valid reasons for that statement. And I am pretty sure it was neither. So that leaves that the drug is expensive or only available in Germany. Last I checked in the 80s there were rich people with passports... Last is the farcical idea that this dreck supercharged Reagan's immune system. Last I checked Reagan began showing signs of Alzheimers while in office and died from it later. Not exactly a glowing example of its efficacy.

Yeah there is a law against claiming to cure cancer. They sneak around that by saying it kills "abnormal" cells. The thing that rubbed my rhubarb the wrong way was their use of Ronald Reagan. In the 80s "only the President" could get it. Seriously WTF!!! Was this garbage classified or banned, because those are the only 2 valid reasons for that statement. And I am pretty sure it was neither. So that leaves that the drug is expensive or only available in Germany. Last I checked in the 80s there were rich people with passports... Last is the farcical idea that this dreck supercharged Reagan's immune system. Last I checked Reagan began showing signs of Alzheimers while in office and died from it later. Not exactly a glowing example of its efficacy.
The question becomes: Can we do anything to stop this?

I remember having just that issue with a former FB friend who pimped his velocity supplement. I calmly wrote all natural is not good per se. Poison ivy is all natural but no one to my knowledge is making personal lube from it. Lead is also natural but for some reason it is not used a lot.

Perhaps not in the same way - but they have certainly been "cooking the books" for years eg by withholding test results that dont' suit them.

Ben Goldacre has been on a crusade agains that particular practice - his blog Bad Science catalogues his efforts and recent success with Glaxo-Smith-Klein agreeing to publish all test results, whether good or bad.

Cobra toxin is "all natural" but I would not french kiss a cobra nor would I prefer to put something in my mouth with the selective targeting distribution capability of the internet for my medical and/or nutritional Needs.
This is not an opinion regarding BIg Pharma one way or the other.

"Bolsters the immune system," but then "treats allergies." Yeah, I'll bet.

There's a reason immunosuppressants can treat allergies. Allergies are caused by the immune system going haywire, strengthening the immune system makes them worse.

This is the same bunk as cold and flu cures that say they bolster the immune system. With almost every infection, there's a set of symptoms that aren't caused by the disease, but by your immune system declaring scorched earth against it: Fever/chills, diarrhea, aches, fatigue, and then usually additional localized symptoms at the site of infection, like inflammation and mucous. You may notice that the list covers all cold/flu symptoms (which also makes public health warnings about cold/flu-like symptoms absurd, since everything has them). Bolstering the immune system may hep fight off the disease, but it makes these symptoms worse, not better.

This says Reagan started using Carnivora in 1985 (must have been REALLY LATE 1985):

http://www.carnivora.com <-- (see caption right below picture on their own site)

This says Reagan had Basal Cell Carcinoma on the tip of his nose in the fall of 1985, AND AGAIN IN JULY 1987 (yikes -- at the very least, almost two full years after his Carnivora regimen started).

http://www.skincancer.org/true-stories/reagan

Kind of cuts to the chase, right?

Totally ineffective on Alzheimer's and even on a fairly mild form of cancer.

However, I think it's totally effective in suppressing the gland that regulates common sense. You keep taking it as you're dying...you keep blindly insisting it's working. But if it cures a common cold in a week or so (normally a cold would go away in a week on its own anyway), it's suddenly a miracle.

If you listen to the Carnivora commercials for the pure entertainment value of how silly they are, that is all the benefit you will ever receive from it...it's good to have a laugh once in a while thinking of poor suckers who believe in that stuff.

What great advancements we could make in this world if people were not so easily hoodwinked.

Last edited:
I have Stage IV cancer and am using this product. Do any of you have cancer or have had cancer? If not, how do you know whether it works? [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an interesting review of all the research into Carnivora the author could find
https://supplement-geek.com/carnivo...hritis-cancer-dionaea-muscipula-side-effects/
Its a pretty long and detailed study but makes for interesting reading, but here for quickness is the authors conclusion.
To be perfectly honest, right now I don't know if Carnivora works or not because I don’t see any good proof for it. I say this because I was not able to locate any published, peer reviewed studies on Carnivora itself. The research I found in support of one of its main ingredients appears to be currently limited to lab animals or test tube studies. I could not find a single human study of Carnivora – or its main ingredient – involving humans. While it is true that lack of evidence does not necessarily mean something doesn’t work, my litmus test for supplements is published studies. As such, I remain skeptical ,although I might change my opinion if peer reviewed studies are published in the future.

Back