Busy Sky over Southern UK - July 30 2014

Balance

Senior Member.
A very busy-looking sky this morning over Hampshire, UK (July 30 2014).
I noticed it this morning. The contrails were persisting nicely in the humid calm air, gently "feathering" (I call it) southwards. It's clouded over now (not surprisingly) with contrails still persisting in the "blue" bits.

Trailblazer

Staff member
As this has spun off into its own thread, here are a couple more relevant photos. Amid all the trail frenzy I noticed one plane that wasn't leaving a persistent trail:
notrail.png

I then managed to fire up FR24 in time to get an identification, which explains it:

fr24.png

Air France flight 11 from JFK to Paris was flying at 39,000 feet.

At the same time, and in the other direction, I watched a couple of planes at 36,000ft leaving trails from horizon to horizon.

Trailblazer

Staff member
A few hours later and the skies were totally clear by late afternoon. (I'm in London now, about 35 miles away from the first photos.)

blue.jpg

Again, the reason can be seen on the humidity map:
map3.gif

The brown colour shows much drier air having moved in.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Danny55 Busy times at Sydney Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Arugula Apparent Meteor in Southern California - Jan 29 2020 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Explained: A Dozen Or More Southern Valley UFOs UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Origo Unidentified Satellite/Star in Southern Sweden 2011? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 32
Abishua Southern vs Northern constellations, any difference in visibility? [No] Flat Earth 26
Rogerpenna Debunking Flat Earth with the Southern Hemisphere Flat Earth 11
Henk001 The Southern Cross, Celestial Poles, and The Shape of The Earth Flat Earth 54
ufoofinterest Hoax: Supposed UFO releases orb over Southern California. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 48
Mick West MH370: How the AAIB and Inmarsat determined the southern trajectory Flight MH370 55
Mick West Explained: "UFOS" in Donald Trump's Crowd Photo on 4th of July UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
mickbubbamack Ufos Spokane Washington air show July 2017 [Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
TEEJ Claim that Airliners are at risk of collision - Northern Ireland, 9th July 2016 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
TEEJ Belfast Observer Skywatch - FedEx MD-11F with different coloured contrails 29th July 2015. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
TooFree_23 Chemtrails or contrails July 2014 (video) Contrails and Chemtrails 6
SabreSaint Debunked: SIRI Predicts End Of The World July 2014 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 26
Mick West Chemtrails/HAARP Rally on the Victoria Legislature Lawn 23 July, 2011 Contrails and Chemtrails 0

Related Articles