Whitebeard

Senior Member.
I was in bed and missed it but...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35829815

Last edited by a moderator:

Balance

Senior Member.
I was in bed and missed it

Me too but I was awake and noticed a flash in my room (which I usually conclude to be an approaching lightning storm), though this light entered the room instead of just backlighting my curtains and it had a different hue than pure white.
So after a short sleep, I was excited to learn it was a bright meteor, though disappointed I didn't actually see it.

Coincidentally, a few evenings earlier I saw a bright shooting star in the sky (travelling north to south) which I thought to be at a more shallow angle and slower speed than I usually observe. Additionally, it had a second burst of light, as if dimmed behind a thick cloud but the sky was clear as crystal. Perhaps it was a chip off the same block, so to speak.

Auldy

Senior Member.
St. Patricks day meteor? and it wasnt green? Must be fake. :p

St. Patricks day meteor? and it was green? I've had too much Guinness..

*edited for below (and OP)

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
St. Patricks day meteor? and it wasnt green? Must be fake. :p
people are reporting green i guess.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
RevenTexX Bright hovering, then moving, light in the sky of Mexico City Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Mick West Bright Light that "goes from the ocean to the clouds" [Plane] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Mick West Bright Lights Behind Trees, With Roiling Glare. Panama City, Florida. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 32
Mick West The Shape and Size of Glare Around Bright Lights UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 42
endoplasmic_reticulum Claim: Aliens are controlling the SUN (Small, bright "UFO" dots near the Sun) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
Mick West Debunked: Airplane passenger 'takes picture of UFO that was giving off bright lights and orbs' UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 28
Bill McDonald Claim: Bright Spots on Ceres must be Artificial UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 16
Trailspotter Explained: Dark contrails behind bright planes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
rain boots what is this? ascending bright bluish light Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Balance NASA photo captures strange bright light seemingly coming out of Mars General Discussion 39
Astro Debunked: Venus is abnormally bright Science and Pseudoscience 10
Mick West Debunked: Particulate crimes: Chemtrails [Mist Under Bright Light] Contrails and Chemtrails 70
Mick West Explained: The "Many Faces" of Patrick Crusius, the El Paso Shooter Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West A Conversation with "Chemtrail" activist Patrick Roddie Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Mick West Two Large Planes Flying Parallel, Chiloquin, OR. Is it Legal? Yes. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
cmnit Patrick Roddie and the Saudi princess Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Fact Check: 42 Degree Halos, Incredibly Rare Sundogs, and Toxic Barium Halos Contrails and Chemtrails 13
TEEJ Patrick Roddie - San Francisco, California, Rainwater sample Contrails and Chemtrails 67
M Bornong Shooting of KCEN-TV Meteorologist Patrick Crawford Contrails and Chemtrails 56
Clock Patrick Michaels discusses "Ocean sea levels could rise 3 to 6 feet in this century" Science and Pseudoscience 39
Arugula Apparent Meteor in Southern California - Jan 29 2020 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West A streak of light in a star trails image Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailblazer 2012 Western Australia "meteor" identified? (contrail) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
ufoofinterest Ufo over Ibiza: meteor, missile, rocket or simply contrails? [Contrail. Maybe Flight VY2425] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Balance Suspected Meteor fireball photographed Gloucester UK 9 March 2014 [Sunset Contrail] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
D Meteor or Contrail? Contrails and Chemtrails 8
MikeC Meteor trail Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles