Beautiful Photographs that show the Earth's Curvature

JMartJr

I wish somebody with the right equipment would do one like the basketball image above, but of a bowling ball -- to avoid getting into side arguments about whether the bumpiness is concealing a curve that would be visible otherwise. And yes, I understand that the Earth is a bit bumpy in places, but the fewer side-arguments, the better!

Mendel

Senior Member.

(photo by @Amber Robot, originally posted here: "I took this picture with a 300mm zoom lens last week of the Pacific Ocean just after sunset. I can see a sharp edge and even see the *tops* of clouds poking up over the horizon." )

Last edited:

JMartJr

In the spirit of the opening image of this thread...

Attachments

• 1637269116401.jpg
    1637269116401.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 26

Mendel

Senior Member.
As far as I know, there is no high hotel on the northern end. I assume you mean the southern end (New Orleans side). Probably the Marriott and looking north?
I'm sorry, you're correct.
The video says it's from Three Lakeway Center which is also known as New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway (3838 North Causeway Boulevard, Metairie). The building has 34 floors and is 122m high.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Folsom Lake Photographs Demonstrating the Curvature of the Earth Flat Earth 36
Whitebeard Explained: Colorado Man Photographs Flying Jellyfish-Like ‘Critters’ [Water on Lens, Caustic Bokeh] UFOs and Aliens 17
Leonardo Cuellar Could The Gimbal Video Show an Atlas V Launch? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 323
V Needs debunking: flat earthers claim this reflection to show a harness in ISS video Flat Earth 10
S Does this video footage show a dragon (sea serpent) attacking a manatee? [No] Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 4
TEEJ Explained: Inaguration Photos from Different Angles Show Different Backgrounds. Election 2020 9
Patrick Gonzalez Need help explaining: NASA images of Earth from 2017 eclipse show different shadow sizes Flat Earth 3
A Request: Show a spot of specular reflection transforming into a trail of specular reflection Flat Earth 4
Mick West Do Polls and Google Trends show Chemtrail Belief Declining? Contrails and Chemtrails 11
cloudspotter How Changing Weather Conditions Make Contrails Show Up Contrails and Chemtrails 9
mickbubbamack Ufos Spokane Washington air show July 2017 [Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Rory How to Show the Horizon is Below Eye Level, Using Actual Eyes Flat Earth 59
Mick West Explained: Why a Spirit Level on a Plane Does Not Show Curvature "Corrections" Flat Earth 98
deirdre PSA: Mick West discusses Flat Earth on Joe Rogan (JRE) show today Flat Earth 8
omaehamoushindeiru De-fisheye techniques for high altitude photography of earth show earth still curved Flat Earth 11
Mick West How to Verify Your Latitude and Longitude to Show the Earth is A Globe Flat Earth 5
izz Does this photo show a too-small hole in the Pentagon? [No] 9/11 28
Supreme Logic Why Do Some Satellites show a "Hole" at the Poles? Hollow Earth? [Inclined Orbit] Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West Mick West on the Pat Walsh Show, KFBK Sacrament, Talking About Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Debunked: "Blue Marble" Photos show a Changing Earth Flat Earth 40
D [NeedInfo]Persistent Contrails Picture Show Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Auldy Claim: Satellites show global warming pause continues by CFACT Science and Pseudoscience 13
Redwood Debunked: Google photos show Ottawa Parliament bullet holes are fake Conspiracy Theories 115
Leifer "Unsealed ....." TV show (@ Destination America - channel) General Discussion 13
Mick West Cloud Seeding (Weather Modification) on the Dick Van Dyke Show, 1965 Contrails and Chemtrails 47
NotQualified Claim: Pictures show Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi is a Mossad agent named Simon Elliot General Discussion 13
Balance Aerobatic Smoke? Smoke Rings at Air Show Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 38
MichaelStox Joe Rogan on the Alex Jones Show (On 9-11-2001) General Discussion 0
Leifer "Hacking the Planet", new cable show Science and Pseudoscience 8
Mick West Will chemtrails or covert geoengineering show up in varves, ice cores, or tree rings? Contrails and Chemtrails 503
TWCobra Excellent Video to show to Chemmies Contrails and Chemtrails 9
firepilot Does Roxy Lopez have callers on her friday internet show? Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Related Articles

Related Articles