ATS: UFOs? No

Common mistakes when hoaxing a UFO photo include an improper mirror image caused by the hoaxer rotating it instead of flipping it.

Could you clarify for this poor old non-photo editing savvy person exactly what you mean? Of course I don't think it's real...I'm just not sure of your terms. They look pretty much like mirror images to these eyes. Is that what the problem is?

Could you clarify for this poor old non-photo editing savvy person exactly what you mean? Of course I don't think it's real...I'm just not sure of your terms. They look pretty much like mirror images to these eyes. Is that what the problem is?

Poor wording on my part. The saucer was copied and pasted, flipped, but then rotated to make the saucer bodies appear parallel. Look at the reflection of house with the angled roof. Notice the angles are reversed in the reflection compared to the house. The right angled roof edge goes down and right, whereas the reflection goes up and right, the way it should be in the real world. But the saucer is tilted to the right and so is its reflection.

Edit: Ah, thanks, TS. A picture is worth a hundred kilobytes.

Ahhhhh I see now. Basically the forward edge of the reflection saucer would be tilted up, since the one in the air is tilted down. Okee doke....thanks for the explanation.

Back