Alex Jones Video: Government Weather Manipulation Exposed

David

Don't know if this deserves a thread, but I'm interested what you think about this video.
He claims that since the 1990's major western governments have been secrectly adding radioactive isotopes and aluminum oxides to jet fuel to manipulate the weather.
He begs people to look up main stream media articles, university studies and government reports about this topic.
He has the documents of course.

Last edited:

Jason

Don't know if this deserves a thread, but I'm interested what you think about this video.

David, you should try to discuss some talking points in the video in case some are too busy to watch it or don't want to watch it. Discuss the claim you think is worthy of debunking

David

David, you should try to discuss some talking points in the video in case some are too busy to watch it or don't want to watch it. Discuss the claim you think is worthy of debunking

I just did that, don't know if that's enough. But I posted this video because I never heard Alex Jones talk about it, I was interested if the people here heard some new things. (probably not)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Does he present any evidence at all? If not then his claims can simply be dismissed as being without evidence. You don't need to go any further.

David

Jason

Not really, he does give some sources, he claims the evidence is in them.
But it's too much information to summarize.

http://www.cfr.org/content/thinktank/GeoEng_041209.pdf

http://www.wired.com/2009/03/dimskies/

and more.

He's not convincing me but maybe a lot of other people, he does have a large audience.
He referenced the BBC news article that discusses global dimming. Here is the article; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4171591.stm. He says that chemtrails are responsible for the global dimming, but in reality the article list these as the reasons for global dimming;
Obviously, he doesn't know how to "just read documents"... as he claims the evidence is in plain sight. There isn't one reference in the entire article to the commercial airline industry or contrails (chemtrails).

Last edited:

Hama Neggs

Senior Member.
Not really, he does give some sources, he claims the evidence is in them.
But it's too much information to summarize.

http://www.cfr.org/content/thinktank/GeoEng_041209.pdf

http://www.wired.com/2009/03/dimskies/

and more.

He's not convincing me but maybe a lot of other people, he does have a large audience.

It's sooo common for conspiracy-mongers, like AJ, to declare that there is "plenty of evidence", but not really show any of it directly. They may cite sources, but those sources might be an hour-long vid and it's supposedly "in there" somewhere. If you demand they be more specific, they just whine that they are "not going to do your research for you" and skip merrily on down the road. If you take time to watch the hour-long vid and find that what they claimed is not there, they just say that there are "plenty of sources" which they claim say the same thing, but still don't cite them directly. Rinse, repeat... This is how internet conspiracy theories gain and keep traction- through constant and repeated misrepresentation of what they IMAGINE to be true.

David

It's sooo common for conspiracy-mongers, like AJ, to declare that there is "plenty of evidence", but not really show any of it directly. They may cite sources, but those sources might be an hour-long vid and it's supposedly "in there" somewhere. If you demand they be more specific, they just whine that they are "not going to do your research for you" and skip merrily on down the road. If you take time to watch the hour-long vid and find that what they claimed is not there, they just say that there are "plenty of sources" which they claim say the same thing, but still don't cite them directly. Rinse, repeat... This is how internet conspiracy theories gain and keep traction- through constant and repeated misrepresentation of what they IMAGINE to be true.

Yes, he does that all the time, but with a lot of topics I can see the mistakes in his claims.
I never believed in chemtrails because it just sounds too crazy to me, but it's hard for me to check all these claims.
Because of Metabunk I understand it a little bit better.
But I bet this video made a lot of people believe this chemtrail conspiracy.

WeedWhacker

I've posted on that video, on the YouTube. Getting flak already.

(ETA): Oh, and politeness doesn't apply there....still, I might have come on a bit too strong. It was calculated, in a way, to get a rise.

WeedWhacker

He claims that since the 1990's major western governments have been secrectly adding radioactive isotopes and aluminum oxides to jet fuel to manipulate the weather.

Also, I focused on these two key points.

Firstly, "radioactive isotopes" in aviation Jet-A1 can be ruled out with the use of a Geiger counter. (And, the term is vague anyways).

Secondly, "aluminium oxides" are as a rule very abrasive. Such contaminants (for they would act as contamination) in aviation fuel would rather quickly destroy the engines, even IF they made it past the multiple fine-screened filters and pumps, etc.

Besides the abrasive nature of particles that might contaminate jet fuel, there is the ultimate fact of the combustion area, where the fuel is burned at temperatures that approach 4,000° C. These "particles" would then melt of course....and be deposited on the components of the engines....the High Pressure Turbine blades, and everything 'downstream' of the combustion chamber.

Should add that in most airliner applications, the jet fuel (besides of course supplying the engines) is also used to help maintain oil temperatures. There is a component called the "Fuel/Oil Heat Exchanger" (a bit like a car radiator). NOTE that this is a "win/win" also....the oil can be cooled, but the hot oil ALSO helps to keep the fuel from getting too cold, on flights that are long-duration, at very high altitude...keeps the fuel from "freezing".

Thing is, most people who fall for the myth of "chem"trails lack the scientific and technical knowledge background to properly vet such claims.

Last edited:

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
Besides the abrasive nature of particles that might contaminate jet fuel, there is the ultimate fact of the combustion area, where the fuel is burned at temperatures that approach 4,000° C. These "particles" would then melt of course....and be deposited on the components of the engines....the High Pressure Turbine blades, and everything 'downstream' of the combustion chamber.
Any molten metal adhering to a rotating part would quickly throw it off balance and probably catastrophically tear the engine apart in the process.

WeedWhacker

Any molten metal adhering to a rotating part would quickly throw it off balance and probably catastrophically tear the engine apart in the process.

Yes, indeed. I wanted to also add that this is the case in instances when airliners (accidentally) encounter airborne volcanic ash. It is a very serious issue, and even a very slight distribution of volcanic ash suspended in the atmosphere has devastating, and rapid results in engine performance deterioration. (Meaning....the more concentration of suspended ash particles, the greater and faster the damage).

Just 'ONE' article....(there are many others available to read with a few online searches):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_ash_and_aviation_safety

A short video:

A longer video:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
For reference, here's the YouTube automatic transcript of the show (spoilered for size)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The basic debunk here is that every single one of his documents from an official source is talking about maybe doing it in the future.

WeedWhacker

The basic debunk here is that every single one of his documents from an official source is talking about maybe doing it in the future.

Thank you for cutting to the 'quick'. I inappropriately used "cherry-picking" as a description of the deceptive tactics employed by Mr. Jones.

But, the facts are the facts....he mis-represented what are "proposals" for the future to imply that they are currently being implemented.

This is also called "lying". He (Mr. Jones) is an entertainer, first and foremost. Unfortunately, many of his 'followers' are not aware of this fact.

Jason

Most of his documents and articles he references are from a while ago too, I noticed. Take the BBC claim for example where he mentioned scientist did a study about "global dimming" and made it seem like it was about "chemtrails". The article was written in 2005. He seems to sift through older material (that makes no refernce to contrails) and make a correlation of how it fits into his "government is spraying us theory"..

David

This is also called "lying". He (Mr. Jones) is an entertainer, first and foremost. Unfortunately, many of his 'followers' are not aware of this fact.

He is obviously in it for the money. The description of the video says it all.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I'll write a point by point rebuttal of this later, as it's bound to get shared a lot. It's quite sad the old stuff he's bring up. Powder contrail generator? Indirect and Semi-Indirect Aerosol Campaign? Clearly he's not read them, or he's being disingenuous.

WeedWhacker

And I don't know if you caught the date on this document in the upper right hand corner, its says August, 12 1975

Yes, I am certain that the particular patent shown above was a device invented to be attached to military drones (prior to modern R/C or remotely-guided drones...these were autonomous ones) that were intended for "target practice".

I've seen this same Patent trotted out numerous time, over several years.

Jason

Yes, I am certain that the particular patent shown above was a device invented to be attached to military drones (prior to modern R/C or remotely-guided drones...these were autonomous ones) that were intended for "target practice".

I've seen this same Patent trotted out numerous time, over several years.
It's like finding patents for telescopes a hundred years from now when they are obsolete, and claiming telescopes were built and designed with the intentions to see UFO's approaching earth.

SR1419

Senior Member.
Praps someone should point out to ol' AJ that weather manipulation and geo- engineering are not the same thing.

WeedWhacker

Praps someone should point out to ol' AJ that weather manipulation and geo- engineering are not the same thing.

Nice sentiment....won't do any good.

'AJ' is an "entertainer". He will spout whatever will bring in an audience. Plain and simple as that.

He is the "human" equivalent of the periodical tabloid "National Enquirer"

Pointless pablum.

Last edited:

WeedWhacker

all this is claimed and yet AJ still flies commercial aircraft

I had to do a "double-take" there, because at first I thought you meant that 'AJ' actually is a PILOT who flies commercial airplanes....only LATER did I see the hypocrisy that you were pointing out. WELL done!!!

Jason

Nice sentiment....won't do any good.

'AJ' is an "entertainer". He will spout whatever will bring in an audience. Plain and simple as that.

He is the "human" equivalent of the periodical tabloid "National Enquirer"

Pointless pablum.
Do you guys think 'AJ' actually believes in this dribble or he does it merely for ratings and money?

Jason

Another No, Yes, Yes. He panders to those that have that sort of mind.
But he has to have some kind of foundation with these type of beliefs in order to be such a big proponent of CT's. I think he truly believes our government is covering stuff up which to be honest with you most people are skeptical when it comes to government affairs. I think he really believes in the NWO and bilderberg group and that sort of stuff, but in order to stay busy and have things to talk about he chooses to discuss things like chemtrails, ufo's, and geoengineering

Elfenlied

Don't you mean 4,000° Fahrenheit instead of Celsius? Even an oxy-acetylene torch only reaches about 3,500°C.

WeedWhacker

Don't you mean 4,000° Fahrenheit instead of Celsius? Even an oxy-acetylene torch only reaches about 3,500°C.

That could be. The differentiation of degrees C versus degrees F can cause confusion. (evidenced by my mistake).

So, granted here. Still....the temperatures of combustion (regardless of units used) far exceed the melting point of "aluminium oxides". Agreed?

ETA this (FWIW):
http://www.rolls-royce.com/interactive_games/journey03/

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
But he has to have some kind of foundation with these type of beliefs in order to be such a big proponent of CT's. I think he truly believes our government is covering stuff up which to be honest with you most people are skeptical when it comes to government affairs. I think he really believes in the NWO and bilderberg group and that sort of stuff, but in order to stay busy and have things to talk about he chooses to discuss things like chemtrails, ufo's, and geoengineering

Honestly Jason.. from everything Ive seen from the guy, he's just a wanna be Rush Limbaugh. Same kind of ranty yelling etc, and he's in it for the money. He makes a killing from the junk he sells and like any good businessman he wants to KEEP making money. The way to keep making money, is to keep giving ppl what they want. AJ might have STARTED as someone who believed, but as the guys have stated before, I very seriously doubt he still does.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
JFDee Insight into Infowars, Alex Jones General Discussion 2
Mick West Alex Jones Deplatforming and Related Conspiracy Theories Current Events 49
Dan Wilson Debunked: Infowars product damages sperm Health and Quackery 2
deirdre Debunked: Alex Jones claims kids '[walking around firehouse] with hands up' in Megan Kelly interview Sandy Hook 1
MichaelStox Joe Rogan on the Alex Jones Show (On 9-11-2001) General Discussion 0
Alhazred The Sane Alex Jones & the Navy Yard Shootings Conspiracy Theories 1
AluminumTheory Alex Jones' and his Moon Landing Conspiracy. Conspiracy Theories 18
Mick West Alex Jones vs. BeforeItsNews.com - conspiracy theorist infighting Conspiracy Theories 39
AluminumTheory 2013: The Year of Alex Jones Conspiracy Theories 140
Mick West Alex Jones BBC Sunday Politics Meltdown Conspiracy Theories 48
Mick West How Much Money Does Alex Jones Make? People Debunked 17
AluminumTheory Website traffic and radio audience of Alex Jones, Infowars, Prison Planet, etc. People Debunked 2
Clock Alex Jones- Debunked! People Debunked 239
SR1419 Debunked: Alex Jones People Debunked 135
Mick West Debunked: Secrets of Prometheus Film Leaked - Alex Jones Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Debunked: Alex Jones, PJ Watson, Geoengineering: Our Environment Under Attack Contrails and Chemtrails 12
S Alex Jones new rant on GMOs People Debunked 10
J Paul Joseph Watson (writing for Alex Jones, “Infowars”) and Fukushima Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West Debunked: Foley's Sister Katie Foley vs Lanza's Friend Alex Israel [Not the Same Person] Conspiracy Theories 105
Jay Reynolds Alex Atamenko Canadian MP petition and new lawsuit fundraising Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Trailblazer Reutlingen Fake UFO Video 2013 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
V GIMBAL Video: Simulating the ATFLIR Tracking and Gimbal Rotation UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 20
Rocky Gettysburg 'ghosts’ run across road [Windscreen smudge] General Discussion 4
D Falmouth "Shadow Creature" Video [Black Cat?] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 10
G Belarus demonstration video Current Events 2
M Fast moving object "intersecting clouds" in Hungarian YouTuber's video [Insect] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
U Looking for debunkings of the “Plandemic” video Coronavirus COVID-19 17
Jesse3959 Being seen from space - methods to demonstrate that sats are real and provide live video? Flat Earth 6
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Wizard Mexican UFO Video? [Oil Rigs] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
Mick West Original Flir1, Gimbal, and Go Fast UFO "Raw" Video Files UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 33
Mick West Simulating the Nimitz UFO video as a blurry plane UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 51
jarlrmai UFO video in Arizona from Reddit Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Old USAF "UFO" Video Mentioned By Chris Mellon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
Ravi Utah Drone video of UFO [Probably an insect] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 126
Mick West Blowing out Candles with a Single Punch General Discussion 47
Mick West Some New-ish WTC7 Photos (and video?) Corner Damage 9/11 6
B Bob Lazar 1989 Video Analysis Method UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
Mick West NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 452
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
StarGazer SpaceX Falcon 9 Captures Video of its own Contrail from Space UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
T FE balloon video curvature analysis using Blender Flat Earth 4
Mick West Explained: Viral Video of 787 Leaving Thick Contrails with Forced Perspective Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Astro Debunked: Astronaut's Arm Fades During ISS Video Proving "Green Screening" Science and Pseudoscience 1
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Related Articles

Related Articles