3 Videos, From Separate Angles, Of An Orb UAP In Moscow (2015)

LorentzHall

These 3 videos, from separate vantage points, were apparently recorded in the Mitino District of Moscow on 27 July 2015.

Some suggest they show ball lightning - but to me it seems to last far too long and looks more like light being reflected than emitted.

Could this be an elaborate hoax? Tethered balloons? The audio suggests very high winds, though it's hard to tell without knowing the kind of microphone.

O

OccamsGhost

Looks like something blowing in the wind.
Not very elaborate if it were a hoax.

JMartJr

Looks like something blowing in the wind.
Yes indeed, and whatever it is it is tethered, being buffeted by a little squall blowing through. I guess it's obvious what I would guess it is, but a tethered balloon is also possible. In the third video it looks like maybe the tether breaks or comes loose at the end and it blows away, moving upward, which says "balloon" more than kite, I guess. EDIT --I missed tha the tether broke in the first two vids as well, but on going back to look it is even more obvious there. And the way it rises is pretty balloon-like. No more edits here, i promise!

Last edited:

LorentzHall

Tethered balloon seems right.

I guess it's just a coincidence that 3 people were filming it at the same time, rather than evidence of some hoax.

FatPhil

The cloud cover and views from below diminish the reflected light explanation for me. And whilst I agree that it does seem tethered, and then breaking from its tether, they way I'd try to reproduce that - so that I could coordinate with several mates to film it from different angles - would be to just pimp out a drone with a whole load of LEDs, nothing shown was outside the bounds of a drone's capabilities, even back in 2015.

JMartJr

The cloud cover and views from below diminish the reflected light explanation for me. And whilst I agree that it does seem tethered, and then breaking from its tether, they way I'd try to reproduce that - so that I could coordinate with several mates to film it from different angles - would be to just pimp out a drone with a whole load of LEDs, nothing shown was outside the bounds of a drone's capabilities, even back in 2015.
THat is certainly possible, but it seems a lot of effort to simulate a tethered balloon breaking free. Balloons are pretty easy to come by.

gargamel

Whatever it is, it did gain some attention. There are a number of papers written on it, and presentations have been made at Moscow State University by A.I. Shchedrin et al.

The most comprehensive paper, which is also in English, appears to be by:
A.I. Nikitin, A.M. Velichko, T.F. Nikitina, I.G. Stepanov
Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics
DOI: 10.1016/j.jastp.2018.07.001

The paper's behind the usual paywall at ScienceDirect, though readily available elsewhere. Won't link to anything as I am unsure about this forum's policies on copyrighted material.

I've glanced through it, and they're fully onboard with the ball lightning idea, even though I too think it's too long-lived to match the common descriptions of this phenomenon. To this end, they do provide a lot of electrophysical jargon and mathematics that I am in no position to assess.

Disregarding that aspect, the paper does contain triangulation of the exact location of the "thing" and useful plots of movement/height, correlated between the three known observers, as well as technical info regarding their recording equipment (two smartphones, one camcorder) and some general testimonies.

The gist of it is that it appeared over a forest, and moved in proximity to a power line for some time (being "trapped" there, as they call it), occasionally "against the wind", before finally flying off.

Last edited:

gargamel

It would be interesting to hear some input from the more scientifically inclined folks around here. I have a hard time buying the ball lightning thing, to me it looks and behaves more like a balloon, but at the same time it's difficult to reconcile this with the light it appears to emit under an overcast sky with a thunderstorm raging nearby. I also know that there are lots of really bad papers being published all the time, but I lack the means and expertise to properly dissect the aforementioned one.

Regardless, if it is actually ball lightning, it's by far the best material that exists concerning this near-mythical phenomenon, and an absolute sensation, to be honest.

DavidB66

Twitter user @5x5_NEWS (Mike Turber) recently (July 12) posted a short video which reminded me of this Moscow 'UAP'. I'm not going to attempt a link in view of recent issues over Twitter links, but anyone who is interested should be able to find it easily enough.

The video shows an object in a field beyond someone's garden fence being blown along the ground by the wind until it suddenly takes off and goes high into the sky - several hundred feet, I would guess, based on comparison with nearby trees. It stays aloft for the rest of the video and is still high in the air when the video ends after 56 seconds.

@5x5_NEWS describes the object as a 'pool', i.e. a children's play pool, though it could conceivably be something else, e.g. a portable drinking trough for farm animals. It appears circular and at least a few feet across, with a shallow rim consistent with the 'pool' description. It is pink and presumably made of plastic, judging by the ease which which it is blown about.

The video is taken by someone inside a room with a view over the field, who then goes out onto a patio to get a better view. A female voice (American and young-sounding), presumably the person taking the film, is heard commenting, e.g. 'oh my God, what is happening?'

I don't know the original source, but the length of the video, just under a minute, suggests Tik Tok, Snapchat, or something similar with a 60-second limit. I couldn't find it on YouTube.

The main point of interest for comparison with the Moscow case is that a sizeable object is blown high into the air and then stays aloft for at least a minute, tumbling and spinning wildly. It doesn't have any consistent direction, except maybe away from the camera. This might seem odd, as one would expect the wind to have a general direction. It is a bright sunny day, so there may be updrafts. Also, for part of the time it is gliding downwards, which could go in any direction. Another slight oddity is that the visible trees do not seem to be much affected by the wind. A small tree close to the garden fence is waving slightly. A sunshade on the patio is also moving slightly, but it looks more like a gentle breeze than a howling gale.

It did cross my mind to wonder whether the incident might have been staged or faked in some way, perhaps with someone out of shot controlling the object like a kite, but I don't see any sign of a 'string'. Assuming it is genuine, it would show that a large plastic object may stay aloft and move erratically for a minute or more, with no clear direction, without being tethered.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
M FLIR Technician Discusses Navy videos and claims to refute Mick's claims UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 300
D Claim: Videos of people exhaling vape smoke through a mask, demonstrate masks as useless against a virus.. Coronavirus COVID-19 42
ofu Colombia UFO (2 videos) what are they? UFOs and Aliens 2
H CLAIM: USS Omaha videos were taken on the ship's "Combat Information Center" by "VIPER team" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 5
April. Skinny bob videos? UFOs and Aliens 57
Mick West How Do You Stage UFO Photos and Videos? Let us Count the Ways. UFOs and Aliens 42
Leifer My old videos.... re: chemtrails..... Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1
Mick West The Evolution of Official DoD/Pentagon Statements Regarding The Navy UFO Videos and UAP Investigations UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 6
Mick West Explained: New Navy UFO Videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 210
Mick West Why Michio Kaku is wrong about the UFO Burden of Proof & Navy Videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 32
Mick West TTSA Videos Declassification Email Exchange Release under FOIA UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 45
Mick West TTSA's Form DD-1910 for FLIR, Go Fast, and Gimbal videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 69
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Whitebeard Martymer 81 Practical Debunking 4
Trailblazer Contrail videos on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Close Up Videos of Contrails Forming And Evolving Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 19
USAFMXOfficer 9/11 - Pentagon 86 CCTV videos 9/11 6
DarkStar Terry Robinson's "Oahu seen from Kauai" videos Flat Earth 2
Leifer Jet ID....the underside, from photos/videos Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Time Lapse Videos of the Sky (that you took yourself) Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 49
Mick West Video Embedding Site Feedback & News 0
Mick West How to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed How To 22
Rusty Far Eye More information videos here. Contrails and Chemtrails 8
derrick06 Any tips for identifying CGI in fake UFO videos? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
jtmac Help me to understand - Photos and Videos with very large numbers of contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 52
Clock The Illuminati Symbolism of Ke$ha’s “Die Young” (and other videos) Debunked! Conspiracy Theories 7
TEEJ Explained: Inaguration Photos from Different Angles Show Different Backgrounds. Election 2020 9
TheoryQED El ROsario UFO spawning smaller UFOs- Filmed from two angles simultaneously [CGI] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Mick West Debunked: Photo with Sun Rays at Odd Angles Flat Earth 0
Rory Calculator for viewing angles Tools for Investigating and Debunking 13
Rory Flat Earth debunked by measuring angles to the sun Flat Earth 38
Mick West Demonstrating Spherical Excess, Spherical Angles on the Surface of the Earth Flat Earth 5
Vogon Crepuscular angles and the flat idea. Flat Earth 48
Related Articles

Related Articles