3 scientists investigating melting Arctic ice may have been assassinated

Leifer

Senior Member.
I'm not sure where to place all these "death cluster" claims ????

"Three scientists investigating melting Arctic ice may have been assassinated"

A Cambridge Professor has made the astonishing claim that three scientists investigating the melting of Arctic ice may have been assassinated within the space of a few months.

Professor Peter Wadhams said he feared being labelled a “looney” over his suspicion that the deaths of the scientists were more than just an ‘extraordinary’ coincidence.

But he insisted the trio could have been murdered and hinted that the oil industry or else sinister government forces might be implicated.
Content from External Source

We can reduce this possibly nefarious death cluster to two (2) because Dr Tim Boyd died of a lightening strike.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21243885

The circumstances of Katherine Giles’ death appeared in a 3 January 2013 edition of the London Evening Standard.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...th-of-cyclist-dr-katharine-giles-9036906.html

The coroner said: “I don’t wish to place any fault or blame on the victim on this occasion. But I can highlight once again the danger of coming up on the near-side of lorries. It’s been recognised as causing many deaths in London.”

Westminster coroner’s court heard today how Dr Giles cycled up the inside of the tipper truck as it waited at traffic lights in Palace Street to turn left into Victoria Street.

Apparently, she was struck by a truck carrying a load of soil. The accident was captured on CCTV, although the video did not appear in court.

London is a dangerous place for bicyclists, according to the article.

The statistics, published by Transport for London, recorded 671 riders killed or seriously injured (KSI) in 2012, up from 571 the previous year.
Another cyclist was killed by a truck in the same place this year.

The circumstances of Katherine Giles’ death appeared in a 3 January 2013 edition of the London Evening Standard.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...th-of-cyclist-dr-katharine-giles-9036906.html

The coroner said: “I don’t wish to place any fault or blame on the victim on this occasion. But I can highlight once again the danger of coming up on the near-side of lorries. It’s been recognised as causing many deaths in London.”

Westminster coroner’s court heard today how Dr Giles cycled up the inside of the tipper truck as it waited at traffic lights in Palace Street to turn left into Victoria Street.

Apparently, she was struck by a truck carrying a load of soil. The accident was captured on CCTV, although the video did not appear in court.

London is a dangerous place for bicyclists, according to the article.

The statistics, published by Transport for London, recorded 671 riders killed or seriously injured (KSI) in 2012, up from 571 the previous year.
Another cyclist was killed by a truck in the same place this year.

As a regular bicycle commuter in London, I can confirm that far too many cyclists are killed by trucks in London. We have narrow, centuries-old streets and extremely heavy traffic; not a good combination for bikes.

A fall down stairs is not going to be fatal in many cases, and if you wake up you'd probably mention the oil exec who pushed you. Sad stories but nefarious activity is a stretch - it says more about the tensions around the science than anything else IMO.

Apparently, she was struck by a truck carrying a load of soil.

That is some shakespearian level of tragic irony right there, trying to save the Earth only to be killed by a truckload of it.

I think Prof Laxon's partner summed it up well enough:

“Sometimes there are tragic coincidences and you have to accept that.”

- Ms Strawbridge

Just goes to show it isn't just climate skeptics who believe in tinfoil hat foolishness.

Just goes to show it isn't just climate skeptics who believe in tinfoil hat foolishness.
There's a troubling thread of belief in the scientific community that climate change denial is something more on the "Captain Planet villain" scale of evil than the "rich person who would like to get a little bit richer" scale - that there's actually people out there that WANT global warming and all its effects. And this belief is held by people whose jobs are literally all about critical thinking skills.

The politicians and voters doing the heavy lifting of the denial movement don't help, of course. Sure, BP is positioning itself to survive as a post-petroleum company, but its pet politicians aren't shy about banning solar panels and wind turbines or defunding earth science or actually promoting dirtier fuel options over cleaner ones.

Back