2017 Manchester Arena Explosions

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Manchester_Arena_explosions
Two explosions / bangs was reported at the Manchester Arena after Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman Tour at around 10:40 pm BST on 22 May 2017.[1][2] It was reported to have injured many and caused a "number of fatalities", according to Greater Manchester Police.[3] The incident, described as a "huge bang", resulted in the adjacent Manchester Victoria railway station's services being blocked. Police described the reports as a "serious incident".[4]
Content from External Source
Very preliminary reports, and an ongoing incident, but it looks like a terrible thing with 20+ dead reported so far.

This is very sad, and hits close to home for me as I used to live in Manchester, and I worked in the Victoria building right next to the Arena.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/d...concert-featuring-n763286?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
At least 20 people were killed and possibly "hundreds" of others were injures after one or more loud bangs were heard Monday night at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England, multiple law enforcement told NBC News.

At least 19 people were killed and about 50 others were injured in what British Prime Minister Theresa May called "an appalling suicide attack"
Multiple senior U.S. law enforcement officials briefed by British authorities told NBC News that forensic evidence at the scene — including a body found at the blast site — indicated a suicide attack. U.S. officials said initial reports indicated that some of the casualties might have been caused by a stampede of concert-goers.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/d...xplosions-heard-u-k-concert-featuring-n763286

Needless to say the CT crowd are fairly quick off the mark again. Loads of False Flag talk, expect the crisis actor claims to follow shortly.

One z-list celeb in the UK has implied it was a the result of UK Prime minister Teesa May trying to boost her falling pole ratings

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/steve-brookstein-manchester-bombing-conspiracy--10481142
I've seen one presenter on our station mention the murder just before the referendum as there being more to meets the eye. Suggesting a link and sinister intent and presumably false flag but without actually saying as much. Just the usual innuendo

I've seen one presenter on our station mention the murder just before the referendum as there being more to meets the eye. Suggesting a link and sinister intent and presumably false flag but without actually saying as much. Just the usual innuendo
o_O
And 'you know who' isn't on at BCFM til Friday!!

There are also a number of fake news stories doing the rounds, this article rounds up the main ones
http://uk.businessinsider.com/manch...ana-grande-fake-news-stories-2017-5?r=US&IR=T

GUN MAN AT A NEARBY HOSPITAL

A Facebook status falsely claiming that a man with a gun was outside a hospital in the town of Oldham eight miles from Manchester became the basis of stories published by the Daily Star and Daily Express.

Police in Oldham soon confirmed that no offences had taken place at the hospital and that all patients were "safe and well."
ARIANA GRANDE PHOTOGRAPH BACKSTAGE AFTER ATTACK

Twitter users were sharing a picture of the pop star allegedly backstage after the attack at the Manchester Arena.

This picture was not taken on Monday evening. It was taken on a film set of "Scream Queens" two years ago
FAKE MISSING FRIENDS
Lots of parents, family members, and friends posted pictures and details of loved ones who were missing after the attack on social media. However, not all of these posts were genuine and some were designed to generate retweets.
FAKE LOST CHILD
This has been re-tweeted loads of times

Kylie Manser‏ @KylieManser1

EVERYONE PLEASE RETWEET THIS HELP ME! THIS MY LITTLE BROTHER FRANK WE WENT TO THE CONCERT TONIGHT IN #Manchester & NOW WE CANT FIND HIM PLS
along with this photo

However...
This tweet purporting to show a boy who was missing following the attack is not genuine. The picture actually shows a child model posing for an article about fashion lines for people with Down syndrome published three years ago.
I despair, I really do

Tensions are very high at the moment. The Andale Shopping Centre was evacuated earlier. Bars and venues within the massive police cordon are to stay closed. The police are using the Etihad Stadium (Manchester City) as a place for loved ones to meet.

Raids have taken place in Fallowfield and Whalley Range which are both hubs for the student and muslim communities. The killer had been named as Salmon Abedi of the Chorlton area who was Manchester born.

I have just returned from the vigil at Albert Square and community support and unity is fantastic.

Slightly off topic but I passed through a main rail station today and there were a number of armed police in view. It was a little disconcerting and to be hoped not a long term thing.

Slightly off topic but I passed through a main rail station today and there were a number of armed police in view. It was a little disconcerting and to be hoped not a long term thing.
Just got back from a Hawkwind gig. The 02 in Bristol really ramped up security, arch detectors on the way in, full frisks as well, and police outside. They were unarmed, but was chatting to one officer and he said there were two armed response units in the city centre ready to be called.

Snopes has just put together an article debunking the major 'false flag' claims, I am reminded of the nonsense that turned up after Sandy Hook and even earlier after the 11th of September 2001.

Claim: The suicide bombing attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England was a hoax.

Rating: False

Origin: On 22 May 2017, various conspiracy theories began to emerge on the Internet pushing narratives that a suicide bombing attack that killed 22 people at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England was either a hoax or a “false flag” — a mass tragedy staged by the government (or governments) to manipulate the public.

One such widely-shared video was posted to YouTube the same day of the attack, and has since been viewed thousands of times. In it, a male narrator concludes that the attack was a hoax, because he takes at face value the words of an announcer who was trying to calm a panicked crowd at Manchester Arena by assuring them there was no need to run in the aftermath of the explosion.
http://www.snopes.com/manchester-attack-false-flag/

On Tuesday evening, within hours of the alert level being raised to "critical" there were already numerous armed police at the main London rail station I use to go home from work. And this morning even at my small suburban station, in a town more than 30 miles outside London, there were two officers patrolling the platform, something I have never seen before.

Snopes has just put together an article debunking the major 'false flag' claims, I am reminded of the nonsense that turned up after Sandy Hook and even earlier after the 11th of September 2001.

Claim: The suicide bombing attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England was a hoax.

Rating: False

Origin: On 22 May 2017, various conspiracy theories began to emerge on the Internet pushing narratives that a suicide bombing attack that killed 22 people at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England was either a hoax or a “false flag” — a mass tragedy staged by the government (or governments) to manipulate the public.

One such widely-shared video was posted to YouTube the same day of the attack, and has since been viewed thousands of times. In it, a male narrator concludes that the attack was a hoax, because he takes at face value the words of an announcer who was trying to calm a panicked crowd at Manchester Arena by assuring them there was no need to run in the aftermath of the explosion.
http://www.snopes.com/manchester-attack-false-flag/
Supposedly 19 killed, 50 injured by a massive explosion, and this man says over the P.A. ‘don’t panic, don’t run, don’t bunch up, there’s no problem here.’ See the problem here? This is nothing but a fabricated hoax, and this of course, this audio he’s saying wasn’t meant to be captured of course and to be put out for public consumption. It doesn’t jive of course with the narrative that this was a of course terrorist attack… ‘Everything is fine.’ And everything is fine… This is an open and closed case, right off the bat.
This really is scraping the bottom of the CT barrel. The Manchester Arena holds 21,000 people. I don't know how many were at the concert, but footage I've seen seams to show the place was pretty full and people, remember a lot of them were kids and young teens were beginning to panic. Of course the announcer was going to try and calm the crowd, the last thing needed was 20,000 people stampeding to the exits and causing a massive crush, that could have lead to an even bigger disaster like the Ibrox stadium disaster of 1971. By staying calm and giving those instructions that announcer saved lives.

Claim that is currently doing the rounds on various conspiracy media. The claim is that the BBC made a "blunder" in uploading what they claim was a "daylight pre-recorded" video. The date on the BBC video is 22 May 2017 with the statement being read out during daylight hours. The bombing took place at around 22:30 (10:30 PM) British Summer Time (21:30 GMT/UTC).

upload_2017-5-31_9-40-29.png

BBC video.

This is easily debunked as the You Tube upload date is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST) which is currently 8 hours behind UK British Summer Time.

From You Tube upload answer page.

"Published on" date on watch page
When you make a video public on YouTube, the "published on" date on the watch page is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST). If you want to make a video public with a specific date on the watch page, make sure that your video is uploaded or scheduled to go public for that date in Pacific Standard Time.

You may see a different publishing date on the watch page than the one you see in your Video Manager if you:

Upload a public video in a timezone ahead of PST
Schedule a private video to go public at a specific time in a timezone ahead of PST"
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

A good You Tube time conversion webpage is the following.

https://citizenevidence.amnestyusa.org/

upload_2017-5-31_10-12-47.png

The UK British Summer Time upload date and time was 23rd May 2017 at 07:46:09

Back